Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
10 registered members (IcePack, Rog G, SimonB, DCH, M3W55, +8Rich, CooperMan, MJF, Almond, nippymog), 86 guests, and 21 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 295
John V6 204
OZ 4/4 161
CooperMan 153
RichardV6 135
Newest Members
Alford, Mogge77, Kevin McMillen, Corrosion Guy, Supernano
8072 Registered Users
Newest Topics
Torx button head screw size
by paulmog. 11/08/22 03:31 PM
World's largest container ship
by John V6. 11/08/22 03:01 PM
Tiz getting warm on Dartmoor..
by +8Rich. 11/08/22 10:16 AM
Roadster custom radiator header tank
by CalMog. 10/08/22 09:54 PM
OCTANE issue 231
by xc68anc. 10/08/22 05:44 AM
The Axle Tramps
by +8Rich. 09/08/22 09:21 PM
Squeaking windscreen
by Lordofthewings. 09/08/22 07:25 PM
Latest Photos
Big Skies
More from Helmingham
Helmingham Hall Car Show 7.8.22
Aero 8 Series 5
1967 Morgan Plus 4 DHC
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics43,840
Posts738,241
Members8,072
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Maintenance & Servicing
11/08/22 05:26 PM
Having checked it's the T15 bit that fits so I guess it must be a M3 then??
4 49 Read More
The Malvern Arms
11/08/22 05:20 PM
Great photo laugh2
1 128 Read More
The Malvern Arms
11/08/22 05:18 PM
They ought to tac weld razor wire to it as well
1,698 191,326 Read More
The Malvern Arms
11/08/22 05:18 PM
Originally Posted by CooperMan
Originally Posted by +8Rich
Jon, I wasn't too sure how you would react to the modified/replaced A units.

The Panhard Rods would be a good Roadster and Plus 8 club.

No problem, I admire most with the tenacity & spannering skills to have a go, I even admit to my brother and I undertaking some serious non-pc Mini mods & customisations back in the 80's

There are quite a few supercharged A Series in Mini's and some of the yoof like the Hyabusa implants, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xnLorSxNSuI
personally not for me but if it keeps classics alive with the younger generation, that's good thumbs

Excellent - that is totally mental thanks for sharing it Jon thumbs
22 565 Read More
The Malvern Arms
11/08/22 05:15 PM
Well done Stephen, great article and enjoy your choice of books thumbs
6 423 Read More
Morgan Plus Six & Plus Four (CX-Generation Vehicles)
11/08/22 05:09 PM
Originally Posted by HeadlessBlue
Thanks chaps (inc Oz).
Looks I’d better be prepared for a further 3 weeks wait then to be on the safe side 🤮😩
Still, on the positive side, at least the end may be in sight now…
HB

Good luck HB - I hope they extract the digit for you so the fun can recommence as your car has special significance for you and your good lady thumbs
592 46,554 Read More
Vehicle Talk (non-Morgan)
11/08/22 05:01 PM
Thanks for that John, that really is a monster and that number of containers take some getting your head around.
It would be very interesting to know what they value the cargo at from the Bill of lading for Insurance purposes.
6 71 Read More
Morgan Aero 8, 2012< Plus 8, SuperSports, Coupe & Aeromax
11/08/22 04:44 PM
Dealer said he found the Bosch’s one on eBay but was going to try to get it through his supplier network using Em’s code.
16 685 Read More
General Photo Gallery
11/08/22 04:39 PM
Looking great Gordon .... how long before she's afloat? ..... bit of a pain on the part of the moorings .... hopefully you can come up with a solution .... look forward to pics of your first cruise!! 🙂

K

Ps Dumb but willing help still on offer if needed 👍
220 11,106 Read More
Morgan Three Wheeler & Super 3
11/08/22 01:00 PM
Just to add to the confusion here... my car died post IoM trip while en route to Lancaster for Phil to sort out the Centa spline issue. I had assumed it was the regulator but in the rain / Liverpool traffic I had not noticed any warning light (or monitored the charge). Power loss was total (all electrics, engine).

After a while on the hard shoulder the battery had recovered enough to run the hazard lights for a short while.

Phil reports the regulator (original) is working OK with a slightly low (<14v) output, and the battery charged up fine on the Li CTEK (starting the engine a few times without a run).

The battery is a Li based one, so can't blame Exide or lead acid issues! The mystery continues...
14 663 Read More
Morgan Aero 8, 2012< Plus 8, SuperSports, Coupe & Aeromax
11/08/22 12:55 PM
Originally Posted by SimonH
Originally Posted by NickCW
I have seen that wing before on track cars, and road going versions of ex race cars - so I believe some of the race teams made/used it.

Would imagine it came post factory based on that - but as ever, who knows?

Thats definitely not the wing any of the race cars had....

You are of course correct, I should (and meant to put) "perhaps the race teams made/used it", as ever a lack of sleep and attention and all of sudden folklore is born. laugh2
10 449 Read More
Maintenance & Servicing
11/08/22 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by JMcL
Originally Posted by bilibib
I don't think that using a stethoscope is the best way to determine the area of your engine that you think the noise is emanating from. Try using a screwdriver by placing the blade end on the point where you suspect the problem is, and with the handle of the screwdriver up against your ear you can adjust re-position of the blade until you pinpoint exactly where the noise is strongest

I find it works best with the screwdriver handle not against the ear but pressed onto the bone immediately in front of the ear and closing the ear canal to airborne sound.

+1 far better transmission of sound.
18 448 Read More
Vehicle Talk (non-Morgan)
11/08/22 11:02 AM
Originally Posted by Alistair
I have worked out whats going on here.Yellow Merc, Black Merc, Brown Mog, Blue Boxster. You are playing car snooker

Just stay well clear of the atrocious pink one in CooperMan's recent post ...... https://youtu.be/mRF-8Mafbwo
67 3,403 Read More
The Malvern Arms
11/08/22 10:08 AM
I agree with that point John.

Everything in the press allowing market manipulation seems to be the current fashion. Not certain the broad sharing of the weaknesses of various economies is a good thing. Who needs James Bond when you have the FT.
78 1,574 Read More
Classic Morgans (pre-CX)
11/08/22 09:41 AM
Being a ship builder the front wing has double curvature …. So when you put letters on a bow of a ship the S & C are smaller than other letters & when fitted look right.

Traditionally the O in P&O was always larger on the flat side of the ship so it looks right against the P from a distance … this has changed in the last 10 years and it does not look right to me.

For front number plate - keep letters / numbers to minimum to get right look
23 1,429 Read More
11/08/22 08:49 AM
Originally Posted by Bunny
I would still recommend isolating the rectifier to see whether whether the fuse still blows. Disconnect the rectifier multiway plug and also temporarily remove the thick cable from the red terminal post just in front of the oil tank. It's a quick and easy test and will either point the finger at or exonerate the rectifier.

Must need my eyesight checking Andy oldgit but having spent time searching for other end of the tenth red wire coded R80 on schematic, I found it immediately after your suggestion blush.

Sincere apologies Vitaloni but it routes directly to voltage regulator of alternator. I'm pretty sure if you disconnect just this cable, which appears to terminate in a 10mm eyelet, you will find a dead short at the regulator/rectifier it connects to. A replacement 50 amp fuse shouldn't blow then by way of confirmation.

If so and given unreliability of this component, a full replacement with I believe the recommended HD unit is the way to go, even if it's found to be just chaffed wiring at regulator.
11 399 Read More
Morgan Plus Six & Plus Four (CX-Generation Vehicles)
11/08/22 06:21 AM
That's a great start. Now, do you have the factory specs as to what those measurements SHOULD be?
39 2,660 Read More
Classic Morgans (pre-CX)
10/08/22 10:27 PM
Yes Roger. My rear board is not nor was coach bolted down so did jump. That rear bolt with the tang on it, is a cap head M6 screwed into an insert, that is screwed & epoxy’d into the board, rather than a counter sunk coach bolt.(original) The fittings are marine grade stainless steel. I have placed some closed cell foam under the tangs to allow some give. Hopefully the inserts will not pull out. Just for info, apparently the Accoya wood does not need protection. Well according to the yard that supplied it.
24 1,205 Read More
The Malvern Arms
10/08/22 09:58 PM
Here you go..

Probably worth a call to confirm the fit is good for LHD Roadsters too.
1 157 Read More
Classic Morgans (pre-CX)
10/08/22 09:05 PM
You picked the perfect evening for a spin out Craig.
Great pictures 😎
12,768 15,346,962 Read More
Maintenance & Servicing
10/08/22 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by Lordofthewings
Thanks for all the helpful suggestions. It definitely isn't the sidescreen/frame interface, I've already resolved that one. And it's the same with sidescreens on or off. The noise is actually more like a "creaking floorboard", and I reckon it's the junction between the glass and the lower part of the chromed frame. The ony photo I could find is on GoMog, I have highlighted the area where the noise seems to be coming from. I may try some "flowable" silicone sealer to see if that lubricates or generally improves matters.

[Linked Image]

Peter, in the area you've marked the scuttle crash pad that ultimately gets trimmed in leather often touches to 'screen frame, try pushing something like thin cardboard between and test again
11 371 Read More
The Malvern Arms
10/08/22 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by OZ 4/4
An interesting and unusual offering....
1959-facel-vega-excellence
I have never heard of the car but it has an interesting history as per this inclusion in the auction commentary.
I knew Camus was killed in a car accident but not the details
"Facel Vega is the symbol of the French sporty and luxurious automobile. But it is also the car in which the writer Albert Camus and his publisher Michel Gallimard lost their lives. January 4, 1960, national road 5 between Sens and Fontainebleau, the powerful Facel Vega FV3B of 355 horsepower that drives at high speed, hits a tree on the side of the road and then bounces on a second plane tree. Under the violence of the shock, the car literally dislocated and the chassis twisted against the tree. A flat tire is then implicated"

What a fabulous car. Just a little research....
The more I look - the more I like it.....
2,303 317,708 Read More
The Malvern Arms
10/08/22 07:00 PM
Originally Posted by Graham, G4FUJ
Originally Posted by Ian Wegg
The Gatwick website gatwickairport.com/to-and-from/picking-up-dropping-off/ has this explanation for the charges:

"Why are we charging for Drop-offs?

...sustainability remains important to us as an airport. Encouraging more sustainable journeys to the airport, the drop off charge will help Gatwick achieve its sustainability targets..."

So trying to make the airport more environmentally friendly, what could be wrong with that? doh

I thought April was earlier in the year? laugh2

Perhaps the silly bu66ers are going to use the revenue to lay some green tarmac drop off bays
15 548 Read More
Morgan Photo Gallery
10/08/22 06:12 PM
There is a car there, crying to be made.
Priced under the Plus Four I'd be very tempted...
18 962 Read More
10/08/22 04:56 PM
Wilson,

Really pleased to read you are now sorted out albeit at the last minute. No more removing wheels..
Enjoy your summer now and rides with the grandchildren smile

Yes I have found the site slow today.
19 599 Read More
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 12