Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
1 registered (The Austrian), 76 Guests and 28 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
TinMog Anniversary Run
Italian Rotary Clubs' "Coast to Coast" Rally, 2016
Morgan Runabout 1909 Replica from Kharkiv, Ukraine
Restored cowl badge
Tour Guides lunch - January 2018
Newest Topics
Bleazey Bevel Box Mounting KIt
by Bunny
18/01/18 09:19 PM
1993 Plus 8
by Ken A
18/01/18 07:42 PM
Antenna for digital radio
by Michael P
18/01/18 06:29 PM
Type 9 gearbox swap
by Jads
18/01/18 06:22 PM
Difflock gear oil
by meabh
18/01/18 12:58 PM
Who's Who
by IvorMog
18/01/18 09:21 AM
Jack knife lorries
by TimG
18/01/18 08:58 AM
Newest Members
MJW23, NeilC, NigelH1974, swanmog, JP Sols
5849 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5,849 Registered Members
33 Forums
30,871 Topics
484,378 Posts

Most users ever online: 262 @ 26/10/17 08:34 PM
Today's Birthdays
BertR
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Snow_Gate!.jpg
Snow Gates
Snow Gate!
Image Details
Poster RedThree Offline
Posted 07/01/18 04:56 PM
Description
Glorious day today. Bit surprised to find the Cairn O'Mount snow gate closed.
Dimensions 1200x935
Size 900.83 KB
UBBCode
Thumbnail
Medium
Full

Comments
#493262 - 10/01/18 07:18 PM Re: Snow Gates [Re: Gambalunga]
pandy Offline

Talk Morgan Sage

Loc: West Paris, France
Originally Posted By Gambalunga
The sign "Stop Police" would seem to indicate that it only applies to police vehicles smile

That makes me think of a remark my cousin (a Chief Super in the Met, now retired) made when he saw a piece of Graffitti saying "F*** the Police" in Paris.

He said he thought it was excellent advice to offer the delectable young Parisian ladies he'd just been admiring.

#493338 - 11/01/18 10:26 AM Re: Snow Gates [Re: IvorMog]
comet Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Switzerland
thanks for the info!

Edited by comet (11/01/18 10:27 AM)

#493487 - 12/01/18 10:45 AM Re: Snow Gates [Re: RedThree]
ShaunD Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Loc: Oxford
Took my M3W. out for a trip to the Cotswolds before Christmas after all of the snow had gone in Oxford but on one stretch of road out in the countryside there was a line of snow/slush in the middle of the lane where it had not been cleared away by four wheelers driving over it. Managed to avoid it with my back wheel most of the time but at one point the back wheel did hit it and then we started to slide around going from side to side. Thought I was going to go broadside but luckily didn’t. Was very scary.

#493666 - 13/01/18 11:57 AM Re: Snow Gates [Re: ewn]
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: The frozen North
That brings back memories of the late 1980s a large group of mog over the lakes met up at the car park behind the hotel in Newby Bridge. BUT so did the TR lads by was it fun as I walked past with my tankie overalls on , I forgot it had "Morgan the real sports car" . All of a sudden I was off a load of TR lads shouting "after him chuck him in the lake." No Knights in Morgans came to my aid just rofl Thank God I can run , and dived into the mog . The best bit was the metal bar over the exit on the way out if you drove up to it in a mog put your hand on it it would lift a bit, just enough for a mog to slip under
No Mog owners paid . But the TR lads could not get under , no idea what they called us I think it was naughty innocent.
As we set of on a 100 mile run over every pass, nook and cranny .
What did we come across high up on pass but the TR lads heading towards us . Both being Gentlemen they refused to shift and so did us , like kids in a school yard we got out and started to hurl insults at each other . But no one could stand up for laughing . One TR lad was sitting in the rear of a dark blue TR3 looking like Hitler with a flying jacket , helmet and goggles
. But the best bit was he had a toy WELL I THINK IT WAS ! machine gun fixed to the rear and it was making one hell of a noise as the rat a tat tat. Loads of dead mog owners on the ground and in the mogs . We refused to give way and so did them it was a sit out . Just wondering if you go that way look for a wooden frame with a skeleton in it. After a good while tin tops arrived at both sides and started to moan no sense of fun. So we all had to sneak past each other shouting rude things.

But another time we went over by ourselves had a ride about and headed for the ferry the queue huge and we stood about . After several trips across for cars it did not seem to get any smaller .
Then along came a German car it drove straight past everyone and parked on a bit of grass land and two women got out. All the people where saying look at that , " we have been here hours" .
I am not a talker I am a do'er . I walked down to them and said " if you think you are going to try and sneak on that ferry you can forget it " . They started to chat to me in German , so I replied in German telling them to "speak English and not try my temper". Then walked away , a long while later the cars came off and my theory was correct first on was the two German women . I was off like a shot and on deck talking to the boss . "Get them off here now was my remark" . When told he removed them instantly and sent them to the back up the road .
Funny at tea time in the hotel the owner was telling us there was a problem with some Germans on the ferry and an English chap got them thrown off . We just grin2 and innocent

Originally Posted By ewn
I’m sure you could have squeezed under eek

Edited by Jack The Lad (13/01/18 12:01 PM)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly