This badge has just sold on e-bay.
The Morgan 4/4 Club was the forerunner of the MSCC.
The full history is on the Club website here: http://www.mscc.uk.com/history.html
and is well worth reading.
It all started with a short paragraph on page 598 of 'The Autocar' on the 18th May 1951..............
The introduction of the Plus Four was greeted by the club committee with great heart searching as to whether such ‘revolutionary beasts’ should be allowed in the club. After much discussion and rude remarks about tractors they were taken into the fold.
At the end of 1969 a referendum was held with the following results:
“Do members wish for the club to change its name?”
“If the Club's name is changed which of the indicated names would the members prefer?”
Morgan Car Club 121 votes
Morgan 4 Wheeler Club 39 votes
Morgan Sports Car Club 136 votes
At the AGM in June 1970 and with effect from the 1st of January 1971 the club became “The Morgan Sports Car Club”...... Then the debate began over changing the badge.