As I typed Howard, I have no experience with a digital Morgan, though think the Porsche guys pull what they identify as the DME relay which operates the fuel pump... I think it dose fire up a fault indication that clears it`s self after a mile or two...

My old mid 80`s +8 will not bring in the fuel pump relay UNTIL oil pressure is being detected by the oil pressure switch, which can be both good and bad..... Good in terms of avoiding firing up a "dry" engine... Bad in terms of a battery with little life when it it fails to spin the engine.. just.. short of what might be required after lay-up denying you of that long awaited first run out in the sun...

Jon M, Ran my Mog up Sunday last, and as you suggest, I too like to run it up to temperature till the fan cooling fan cuts in and out a couple of times I even switch the heater fan on too in order to give it a run also. Modern Morgans seem VERY dependant on efficient fan operation, since lean burn engines were introduced...?

I also like to push it back and then again forward for the next run to try to avoid flat spotting the tyres and ensure the brakes are free..