Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
5 registered (Dean-Royal, JoeSpeetjens, pete757, sbarracl, Heinz), 27 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
out today
Turbo Plus 4 - final report
Sunny Shropshire!
As Ordered
Spring in Norway
Newest Topics
Longterm Storage
by Michael H
25/04/19 10:57 PM
Looks familiar
by Gambalunga
25/04/19 10:27 PM
Have you deleted your Google search history?
by Gambalunga
25/04/19 02:24 PM
Ecoboost Plus 4 - postscript
by griffo
25/04/19 01:25 PM
Liberation Day (Italy)
by Gambalunga
25/04/19 10:54 AM
URGENT INFO - 15 Rooms Released MOG19 Dunston Hall
by BuyBritish
25/04/19 07:00 AM
Pensioner perks to be scrapped?
by Fuel.inj
25/04/19 06:27 AM
Newest Members
Andy Hatch, Toyracer59, Roxy Plus4, RobCol, Rsglush
6471 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,471 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,871 Topics
562,855 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
adrian, Brian Martin, olive64, urs
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#243870 - 02/01/15 07:21 PM Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern
Pants Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Loc: North Essex
Good Evening Malvern Arms regulars.

I have some time off next week and I'd really like to do the factory tour and bring Mrs Pants along. Its all part of the fiendishly clever plan to win Mrs P around to a Morgan.
Does anyone have any recommendations for a top notch hotel?

Thanks
Ed

#243878 - 02/01/15 07:33 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
PaulJ Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: Somerset, UK
Sounds like it has to be The Abbey Hotel then. They charged me Ł90 per room per night when I stayed there in the spring, can't remember if it included breakfast, but I think it did. I wouldn't bother to stay in for dinner though!

#243891 - 02/01/15 08:06 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
Alastair Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: Sevenoaks
I've stayed in the Cottage in the Wood a couple of times, fantastic views, good food, excellent service, definitely worth a look, best of luck with the plan ;-)

#243921 - 02/01/15 10:59 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Alastair]
MOG 615 Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: London
Alastair
It depends upon what you want:

The Abbey Hotel is very central to Great Malvern , but a bit of a hike from Pickersleigh Road, the rooms are pretty traditional, rather than modern. The restaurant struggles a bit, and you will hear the noise of the Priory clock striking at all times day and night.

The Cottage in the Wood , is a wonderful location. Much better restaurant , great views , and so much smaller than the Abbey. It would certainly be my choice. It is a drive away from the centre, and is very quiet indeed.

If you want a chain hotel , then there are the usual Premier Inn, and Travel Lodges in Worcester.

If you don't mind going over the hill , then the Feathers in Ledbury is a good traditional choice, on the main street, the restaurant used to win awards , but have not been for many a year.

#243922 - 02/01/15 11:23 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
Marchogion Offline

Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Cotswolds
Hi Ed

We have stayed at the Colwall Park just outside Malvern and we found it to be very comfortable.

http://colwall.co.uk/gallery/

2014 +4, Le Mans Blue / Magnolia
"Meg" the Mog

#243938 - 03/01/15 07:44 AM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
Hamwich Offline

Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: Gloucestershire, UK
The Elms is very good, not too far from the factory (20 miles or so)

http://www.theelmshotel.co.uk

#243942 - 03/01/15 08:54 AM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: PaulJ]
Pants Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Thanks all for the great suggestions, now I've got too much choice. grin2

I'll see what the availability for the factory tour is like before booking the hotel.

#243949 - 03/01/15 09:33 AM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
Roger-Cheshire Offline

Charter Member

Loc: Cheshire
The Feathers always had a good reputation although I haven't stayed in it. I used to stay in The Old Talbot in Ledbury but that was about 30 years ago. Ledbury is just so lovely asan old market town and certainly might soften up Mrs Pants to be in enough of a nostalgic mood to give you a simple wave to sign the order pad at the factory.... spend

Mogless in Cheshire. Ex -2011 4/4 Sport

https://thecourtyardcheshire.com/

#243950 - 03/01/15 09:35 AM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
Jays Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Cumbria UK
The availability will be good this time of year although you won't have the pleasure of me taking you around, unless you want to push me in a wheelchair!

Sally and Judy ( my partner love!) will be only too happy to recommend suitable hotels for you both.
Living close I've not needed to use hotels around Malvern apart from an overnight at the Malvern Spa and have eaten often but not stayed at the Cottage in the Wood. Excellent food there and stunning views too from the terrace. I was treated to a night at the Elms for my birthday last month and that was excellent. Lovely setting, historic building and a nice spa as well.

Ps. Judy has just reminded me...mention you are doing a Morgan Tour and the Abbey will give you a discount!

Edited by Jays (03/01/15 09:36 AM)
Edit Reason: PS!

#243960 - 03/01/15 09:58 AM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
numog Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Northern Germany
May be the Mount Pleasant right opposite the Abbey micht ne worth a thought:

http://www.mountpleasanthotel.co.uk/

we stayed there on our last visit to Malvern and it has a nice atmosphere, good prices and a well equipped hotel bar cheers

#243981 - 03/01/15 12:03 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
RedThree Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Furry Boots City
Cotford Hotel is excellent too, with food to match.

#243984 - 03/01/15 12:08 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Roger-Cheshire]
Budster Offline

Talk Morgan Sage

Loc: Devon
Originally Posted By Roger-Cheshire
The Feathers always had a good reputation although I haven't stayed in it. I used to stay in The Old Talbot in Ledbury but that was about 30 years ago. Ledbury is just so lovely asan old market town and certainly might soften up Mrs Pants to be in enough of a nostalgic mood to give you a simple wave to sign the order pad at the factory.... spend

I can endorse the Feathers at Ledbury as a place to stay and eat. Also you can have a trip across the road and a drink at the Talbot. (Never quite as good since the fabled Ernie and June left)
You can then enjoy the drive to Malvern, best (IMHO) via British Camp and Jubilee Drive, along the western flank of the Malvern Hills.

#243998 - 03/01/15 01:17 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Budster]
Roger-Cheshire Offline

Charter Member

Loc: Cheshire
Originally Posted By Budster
Originally Posted By Roger-Cheshire

I can endorse the Feathers at Ledbury as a place to stay and eat. Also you can have a trip across the road and a drink at the Talbot. (Never quite as good since the fabled Ernie and June left)
You can then enjoy the drive to Malvern, best (IMHO) via British Camp and Jubilee Drive, along the western flank of the Malvern Hills.

Simon - we've discussed before what it was like with Ernie & June - happy memories.

Mogless in Cheshire. Ex -2011 4/4 Sport

https://thecourtyardcheshire.com/

#244929 - 07/01/15 08:51 AM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
WOX9 Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: Worcestershire
We stayed at the Abbey before Christmas, not overly impressed, its a little faded.

#245439 - 08/01/15 09:34 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Alastair]
Pants Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Well we stayed at Cottage in the woods and I can thoroughly recommend it. Very comfortable and the food was really excellent. The hotel is only 4 miles from the factory.

We were shown around the factory by Martyn Webb.

#245441 - 08/01/15 09:46 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
DaveW Offline
Roadster Guru
Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: South Yorkshire
The Cottage is a great hotel which we like because it's half way up the hill, so ideal for walking. It also has a super size car park. The evening meal is superb, but the breakfast can be less impressive. Some of the rooms need a bit of TLC, especially in the old house, but we like it there.
The wine list is award winning and huge.

#245443 - 08/01/15 09:52 PM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: DaveW]
Pants Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Originally Posted By DaveW
The evening meal is superb, but the breakfast can be less impressive.

Thats absolutely spot on. I wasn't really expecting much for the evening meal as there was so few guests staying, I had that memory at the back of my mind when Basil Faulty lets the chef go early and decides to cook himself, but we met the chef (owners son I believe) and he was super smart in his whites and the food was very high quality. Unfortunately as you say the breakfast is a different affair, cooked in advance and then dished up to order.

#364479 - 17/05/16 08:52 AM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Pants]
Alistair Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Charter Member

Loc: Hampshire
I stayed at the Cotford last night. Very good experience. Nice food, good relaxed service and a lovely building. The booking was made through Expedia and hey had a very good rate on a single. On arrival I found out that the Expedia bookings are not getting through to them for some reason so best to book direct.

#364480 - 17/05/16 08:55 AM Re: Hotel recommendation in or around Malvern [Re: Marchogion]
Ken A Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Kent, UK
Originally Posted By Marchogion
Hi Ed

We have stayed at the Colwall Park just outside Malvern and we found it to be very comfortable.

http://colwall.co.uk/gallery/

Last time we stayed here, 9 years ago, all was very good, recommend

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Simon