Ok - quick update.
Spoken in depth to the tour organising friend of mine, and he is sending through an example itinerary which I will share over the weekend.
Key outline will be :
1. April 2010
2. Cost will be approx 400 per person, based on 2 in a car. There will be a lower cost for 1 in a car TBD.
3. Will cover 4 nights accomodation running over a weekend.
4. There will be a tour 'leader' running the show provided by the company (probably the boss Nick - top chap) to co-ordinate hotels, routes and be a general point of contact for the group / help anyone with issues etc.
5. As it's the UK - no need to have a mechanic along - we I'm sure all have AA cover, and unlike more highly strung marques, Mogs tend not to need to worry about that sort of thing so much.
Additional options :
1. Transport of cars to scotland (it's along drive and the time poor might prefer to have the cars sent ahead so they can arrive via other means)
2. All hotel rooms can be upgraded from std double to suites etc for those who want additional luxury, but at the same time keeping the standard cost down for the rest of us!
3. Itinerary is flexible - so we can work with him to determine specific routes, or specific visits (e.g. distilleries etc)
Basically, there is a trip he is already running in March / April. If there are only 5 of us or so who can confirm and go, then I'd suggest we join the exisiting trip. If we can get 10+ cars (and probably max 15ish) then we should have our own exclusive TM trip.
More details to follow when I get an official brochure..
1. 109er - Andy - Trad
2. Boshly - Andy - Aero 8
3. Aeroman _ Brian - AeroMax
4. AsboJohn - John - Aero 8
5. mr_tony - Rich - Aero 8
6. Graham (G4FUJ) - Graham - Trad
7. 1560 - Steven - Trad
8. Hopwood - Geoff - Aero 8
9. GF - Simon - AeroMax (I'm sure we can twist his arm)
10. Brian_W - Brian - Aero 8 (very rare Series II)
11. Robbie - Robbie - Trad
12. Woolfie - Woolfie - Aero 8
13. CerealSurfer - Andrew and Anne - Aero 8
14. Andy - Andy - Trad
15. DaveW - Dave - Trad (playing hard to get!)
16. Another - Aero 8