Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
16 registered (sospan, Michael H, John Winn, Richard Wood, M3W55, Graham, G4FUJ, +8Rich, James B W, Gambalunga, 60Yards, CooperMan, clubsport, Bunny, BertR, Alan_Bass, MJF), 40 Guests and 11 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Heage Windmill.
Heage Windmill.Belper
out today
Turbo Plus 4 - final report
Sunny Shropshire!
Newest Topics
Cockpit canopy
by Bonesie
Today at 06:30 AM
Aero Screens... not fit or not to fit
by pete757
Today at 01:50 AM
Longterm Storage
by Michael H
Yesterday at 10:57 PM
Looks familiar
by Gambalunga
Yesterday at 10:27 PM
Have you deleted your Google search history?
by Gambalunga
Yesterday at 02:24 PM
Ecoboost Plus 4 - postscript
by griffo
Yesterday at 01:25 PM
Liberation Day (Italy)
by Gambalunga
Yesterday at 10:54 AM
Newest Members
Andy Hatch, Toyracer59, Roxy Plus4, RobCol, Rsglush
6471 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,471 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,875 Topics
562,883 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
adrian, Brian Martin, olive64, urs
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#38194 - 05/12/09 07:11 PM Re: Looking for advice: import to Switzerland [Re: Frank 4x4]
Basilisk Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Loc: Switzerland, Basel
Hello Simon,

my problem is solved. I have found another Kanton granting me temporary Swiss number plates for the transfer.

Well, the result of the recent referendum concerning the minaret came really as a surprise to many people. But recently there have been quite a few criminal issues involving Muslim youths and that Libya holds two Swiss business men since month like hostages and no charged them with almost two years of prison under really dubious pretexts did not help for the referendum either.

Greetings from Switzerland
Wilhelm

#38196 - 06/12/09 04:48 AM Re: Looking for advice: import to Switzerland [Re: Frank 4x4]
h trois Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: L'Yonne, the Little Thailand.....
Originally Posted By Frank 4x4

Now! Just a minaret!, It sounds as though you guys need another referendum. innocent

Switzerland exists for more than 1.000 years, now, and knows more than a little bit about democracy.

A French sentence says: "meunier est maître chez lui" (miller is his own lord at home).

Swiss voted. Period.

Fortunatelly for them, they are not members of EU, and they can expect that their authorities will not make them vote again because the 1st vote was "wrong"; like we, Europeans, did, with the EU constitution.

(And in some countries you are not allowed to even be a jew or practice an other religion than the one which is compulsory. We shall keep buying oil from them, and they will keep putting their money in Switzerland.)

For instance my own religion, a very old one, oblige me to do human sacrifices (preferably children), but I can't practice it in my own country, and in many countries, like Switzerland.
I respect that.

H3

#38199 - 06/12/09 12:11 PM Re: Looking for advice: import to Switzerland [Re: h trois]
Philippo Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Beaumont de Lomagne, France
H3

I agree with your sentiments that at the end of the day one must respect the rules of a nation, or if possible vote with one's feet and go elsewhere. Tolerance is a fine thing, without which, there would be a lot more conflict than there already is.

And returning to cars and the EU, even being in the EU the few British manufacturers in the UK still have trouble exporting some of their fine wares to other EU countries. Witness such vehicles as Caterham, Radical & Atom.

Cheers

4/4 4 seater 1974
Malone F1000

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon