Thought it was time I stopped posting my daily drives on the Classic forum!
So far three days into the Ireland trip with
and it's going well in spite of a lot of rain.
Great food and drink, and long walks in stunning scenery, and apart from a flat battery on the first morning, the car is going beautifully.
Lessons learned so far -
1. Don't ever complain again about South Glos Council's road repair failures! It seems the main roads in S Ireland are ok, but every time you drive into a town or village the road has not been maintained for years.
2. The towing fitting under the front of the S3 takes a hammering. Fortunately - so far! - the sump has stayed clear of speed bumps and other obstacles, but that tow fitting has taken a few hard hits.
3. The S3 hood is - so far - watertight. The windscreen wipers are just satisfactory.
4. Thanks to the previous owner's tip I have so far not filled the boot with water every time I've opened it - a cloth to clear the water off first works wonders!
5. I cannot count the number of times people have waved, photographed, thumbs upped, or stopped to talk about the car.
has been waving to people. I think she may be enjoying it!
Round Sheep's Head today, and Ring of Kerry tomorrow - weather permitting.
Photos will follow when we get back. No way of loading at present.