Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
6 registered (BuyBritish, M3W55, Dab of oppo, Andy Sibson, ewn, mphcarpaintings), 115 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Triumph TR4a-IRS
A day out in Felixstowe
Ecoboost Plus 4 rolling road session
Allon White trim shop . Roadster interior changes
PocketRocket - Rolling Chassis - Roadster
Newest Topics
Making an etched brass Morgan plaque
by Bonesie
Yesterday at 09:43 PM
WANTED: Mog Magazine #45 // DECEMBER 2015
by Black Adder
Yesterday at 06:02 PM
Plus 4 vs Plus 8 brake rotors?
by Bloggins
Yesterday at 05:51 PM
Liberty ACE 2.0 = a flat 6 mid-engine 3 Wheeler!
by 3Gs
Yesterday at 04:53 PM
DIORAMA ....
by KEVFITZ
Yesterday at 04:38 PM
Looking for Morgan early 60's Triumph or 1500 ford
by robert l
Yesterday at 04:08 PM
Ecoboost Plus 4 final tuning
by griffo
Yesterday at 12:27 PM
Newest Members
Jabax4, UTE, robert l, RogerU, GIB
6422 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,422 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,587 Topics
557,146 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
MR11MOG
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#375414 - 06/07/16 02:05 PM New Book; Morgan International Adventure II
Mogger Offline
Just Getting Started

With Britain recovering from World War II, Morgan introduced the new Morgan +4 sports car. Sales were very limited not helped by the scarcity of steel supplies. The Morgan factory needed to sell in the global market and there was no better place to give visibility to the brand than the Le Mans 24 Hour race. Their attempt in 1952 didn’t go well!

Morgan’s next entry to the greatest sports car race in the world had to wait another nine years, when the baton was picked up by privateers Messrs Lawrence and Shepherd-Barron. That didn’t go well either! Then the following year, Morgan replicated the success of the pre war years – but this time they went one better and famously won their class.

Now the story is being told in full, the disasters and the triumphs all in Morgan +4s. This book tells the story of Morgan’s adventures at Le Mans in 1952, at Monza and Le Mans in 1961 and at Le Mans in 1962. It includes extensive biographies of the lesser known Morgan competitors - but what they achieved outside of motor racing was scarcely believable. Numerous rare black and white and colour photographs have been used drawn from private collections, many of which have never appeared in print before.

From the author of Morgan International Adventure, this sequel completes Morgan’s adventures on the world stage when amateurs could take on, and sometimes beat, the best drivers in the world in the best sports cars. This 270 page high quality, hardback book is printed on gloss paper in colour.

“Morgan International Adventure II” is available now as a first edition limited to just 250 copies. Priced at £36.00 plus P&P, the book can only be ordered from

Morgan International Adventure

#376320 - 10/07/16 10:48 AM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog
Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Cheltenham, Glos. UK
Enjoyed the first book. Just purchased the second smile

D8921 L44FOR '93 4/4 Giallo Fly 2 seat smile
'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#379831 - 25/07/16 03:03 PM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Mogger Offline
Just Getting Started

For those wondering, this is my distribution centre (!!) with books being sent out all over the world.

The books are sharing space with my 1967 +4 Super Sports, 6625.

#381611 - 02/08/16 08:40 AM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Alistair Online   happy
Smile, it confuses them
Charter Member

Loc: Hampshire
Wonderful Mog and good for you on making it happen rather than relying on others. Congratulations.

#381688 - 02/08/16 01:57 PM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Mogger Offline
Just Getting Started

I will be at Silverstone for the BDC this weekend and at MOG16 a couple of weeks later armed with books. Please come and see me and avoid those postage and packing charges. You should find me at Techniques' marquee.

John

#387770 - 24/08/16 12:11 PM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Mogger Offline
Just Getting Started

Good to meet everyone at Horwood House on Sunday where I was selling and signing books.

This flat rad grill was brought along. It was given to the owner by the factory and is believed to be from the 1952 Le Mans car! Comparing the grill with the period photos on page 55 of my book it is eminently believable. What do you think?

50% of the print run is now sold. Thanks to everyone who has bought a copy.

John

#399307 - 13/10/16 03:28 PM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Mogger Offline
Just Getting Started

I have recently had a few inquiries as to whether the book is still for sale....the answer is a definite YES.

Due to Mark Carney dropping interest rates and printing money, Sterling is nearly 25% cheaper, thus it is a great time to buy for overseas Morganeers. Who knows where the pound will go next but surely it can't go any lower??

Morgan International Adventure (I) is unavailable and there are no plans to print any more. I still have healthy stocks of MIA II but these will become more and more depleted as we get closer to Christmas.

regards

john

#410133 - 24/11/16 12:40 PM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Mogger Offline
Just Getting Started

With Christmas decorations going up in my local high street - my thoughts turn to presents for Christmas.....what about gifting a book?

The last posting dates are

10th Dec airmail to Australia and New Zealand
15th Dec airmail to USA and Canada
16th Dec airmail to Europe
21st Dec to UK

Please be aware that all books are dispatched by myself so if you are thinking of buying a book please order in plenty of time!!

regards

john

#416400 - 21/12/16 11:33 AM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Mogger Offline
Just Getting Started

Christmas is nearly here and we are off to Australia!

Melvyn Rutter is handling all sales of my book from hereon in.

Please contact Melvyn in the new year to order the last remaining stock.

See melvyn rutter

Thanks

John

#486944 - 04/12/17 02:58 AM Re: New Book; Morgan International Adventure II [Re: Mogger]
Mogger Offline
Just Getting Started

I have arrived in Perth, Western Australia and have managed to bring a few copies of Morgan International Adventure II with me. Should any Australians wish to order a copy for Christmas and take advantage of local P&P then please contact me at

morganadventure@talktalk.net

For UK and EU sales please speak to Melvyn above.

Many thanks and Merry Christmas

John
(it's so lovely and warm down under!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Simon