Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
11 registered (pandy, tmg513, Heinz, Malcolm T, Ricardo, Aeromax51, P Dron, OZ 4/4, Graham, G4FUJ, Cheshire_David, Fox Terrier), 66 Guests and 66 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Favourite Photo of my Morgan This Year
Introduction to V121
Brittany this morning
Hibernation started: 20.11.2017
Front seat repair
Newest Topics
Two Tone 2005
by MarkB
Yesterday at 10:42 PM
4/4 Anniversary for sale at Rutters
by DaveW
Yesterday at 09:30 PM
Party time
by pandy
Yesterday at 09:23 PM
Morgan Aroma Candles
by Gambalunga
Yesterday at 07:51 PM
Color change.
by docdav
Yesterday at 07:31 PM
Running Board Treads and the rusty screws
by BuyBritish
Yesterday at 06:51 PM
Letter of Complaint about Factory Service Letter
by Stewart S
Yesterday at 06:02 PM
Newest Members
Frank K, Mars Meng, VincentJulian, MicMog44, Tricky dicky
5817 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5,817 Registered Members
33 Forums
30,334 Topics
474,774 Posts

Most users ever online: 262 @ 26/10/17 08:34 PM
Today's Birthdays
9KV2X8
Topic Options
#376616 - 11/07/16 07:31 PM llandudno or nearby
howard Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Some long time friends from gods own county have heard that llandudno is a bit better than the average old british sea side resort and are planning to spend a few days there. I promissed that I would ask around for hotel recommendations. They arent poor so it hotel rather than B&B, but maybe not Claridges if there is such a thing up there.

Any suggestions?

#376642 - 11/07/16 09:17 PM Re: llandudno or nearby [Re: howard]
Roger-Cheshire Offline

Charter Member

Loc: Cheshire
Howard you could try the Llandudno Bay Hotel - I know the Marketing Manager there. It's a rather nice 4 star luxury hotel that went through an extensive restoration and reopened about a year ago.

Edited by Roger-Cheshire (11/07/16 09:18 PM)

Mogless in Cheshire. Ex -2011 4/4 Sport

#376649 - 11/07/16 09:35 PM Re: llandudno or nearby [Re: howard]
Muck Adam Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: North Wales
Howard,

You may wish to look at:

Bodysgallen Hotel - fabulous historic building, gardens and spa etc, the top notch place to stay and only a couple of miles away from Llandudno and about 4 miles from Conwy.

The Groes Inn - about 3 miles South of Conwy. Oldest licensed inn in Wales (or some claim like that). It is often used by car clubs etc and is used to having supercars outside. Generally a good homely atmosphere with good food and drink.

Deganwy Quay Hotel - half way between Llandudno and Conwy. Modern hotel with all the spa facilities located on the river and next to the marina. Some nice places to eat in Deganwy within walking distance (10-15mins walk).

Llandudno is pretty but personally I think that once they have seen the sweep of the promenade and driven around the Great Orme they would be better off heading out a few miles to the walled town of Conwy (a World Heritage Site with a wonderful castle); the harbour area is nice as well.

The Castle Inn in Conwy is also not a bad place to stay as it is right in the centre of the town, it has a car park at the rear but access is a bit tight.

A lot of the hotels in Llandudno cater for coach trips and it can feel a little like a pensioner's club at times..... oldgit

Good luck with the choice!

Moderator:  Simon