Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
22 registered (Wirewheel, KennethM, William Hewett, nippymog, Richard Wood, Guten, John07, croftmog, nick w, ajg141, M3W55, PhilipNZ, Alistair, SFG, Ray, Gareth H, Robbie Mathisen, madmax, simonjrw, sid, SALMO, TBM), 137 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Allon White trim shop . Roadster interior changes
PocketRocket - Rolling Chassis - Roadster
M3W Tour of New Zealand 2019
Concept Royal Enfield V Twin
Go Outdoors
Newest Topics
Ideas please - Devon/Dorset
by SFG
17 minutes 33 seconds ago
H&H Auction Duxford 20.03.2019 - F4
by Stephen888
Today at 07:47 PM
How to match glove box lock to door key
by Gambalunga
Today at 03:23 PM
Wheel weights
by John V6
Today at 12:35 PM
NEC Classic car restoration show, this weekend
by WOX9
Today at 08:34 AM
Motolita Steering Wheel
by SFG
Yesterday at 05:39 PM
MMC Sport Rack - spare wheel attachment
by BobJ
Yesterday at 05:27 PM
Newest Members
Jabax4, UTE, robert l, RogerU, GIB
6422 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,422 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,572 Topics
556,878 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
Gunnar, Laurens, lord-richfield, robmog88, rosko
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#396869 - 03/10/16 08:55 PM Re: Standing Down from MSCC Management [Re: Peter J]
madmax Online   content
Part of the Furniture

Loc: East Anglia
Peter , thank you for all you have done to modernise the MSCC , looking forward to seeing you at any of the Morgan meet ups , I still have oyur thor and grease gun and am not letting them go despite having my trad up for sale !

#397059 - 04/10/16 04:32 PM Re: Standing Down from MSCC Management [Re: Peter J]
Philippo Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Beaumont de Lomagne, France
Peter, I hope that we'll still see plenty of your interesting posts on the forum.

All the best going forward.

Cheers

4/4 4 seater 1974
Malone F1000

#397085 - 04/10/16 05:24 PM Re: Standing Down from MSCC Management [Re: Peter J]
Muck Adam Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: North Wales
Peter,

A great shame you are obliged to 'stand down' but entirely understandable given your personal and professional circumstances - though I do feel that you have your priorities right. I, along with every other member, are grateful for your efforts over the years - and only hope that you continue to contribute albeit from a less formal position.

There is no doubt that the role as outlined by MSCC is a 'full on' task, the level of commitment for the incumbent (and if present, his or her family too) is considerable. I fail to see how anyone with a full time job could hope to meet the requirements of the position, especially over such a long period of time (all in all a total of 6 years). The commitments alone will preclude a good many potential and very suitable candidates for the role.

Do you think that there is any scope to reduce the spread of responsibility and commitments of the position further in order to ease the burden on the incumbent? It is such a 'tall order' that the field of candidates must be limited....and that surely cannot be a good thing for the club.

#397095 - 04/10/16 05:57 PM Re: Standing Down from MSCC Management [Re: Muck Adam]
BobtheTrain Offline

Charter Member

Loc: Renfrewshire
Peter,

Best wishes for both your health and your work. As you have been asked to remain after retirement age, this shows how much they value your presence and input. Many thanks for your work with MSCC, it felt like one of "us" was deciding club matters.

At 69, I thoroughly enjoy my part-time work, so I hope you enjoy your work as much as I do and it is not only for the money.

#397232 - 04/10/16 10:29 PM Re: Standing Down from MSCC Management [Re: Peter J]
Julian BB Offline
formerly known as Hugh Jorgan
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: oxfordshire
That's such a shame, I had high hopes for the club under your chairmanship.

You've made a wise decision though……… in part!!!

PACK UP THE WORK!!!!!

#397385 - 05/10/16 03:05 PM Re: Standing Down from MSCC Management [Re: PhilRoyle]
pandy Offline

Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: West Paris, France
Originally Posted By PhilRoyle
Best Wishes,
Health comes first.

+1

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon