Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
21 registered members (HJP, +8Rich, B3MOG, Neilda, TimB, boxboxbox, teknome, John07, SALMO, Peter J, Craig Jezz, JohnHarris, IcePack, Selkirk, 264APW, BearDee, lord-richfield, LightSpeed, Mike D, britmog, Rog G), 145 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
John V6 299
+8Rich 290
TBM 146
Peter J 140
Newest Topics
Good old Banksy
by +8Rich. 08/03/21 05:47 PM
How many Morgan miles did you do in 2020?
by howard. 08/03/21 05:41 PM
Restomod
by howard. 08/03/21 05:29 PM
Relay help, please
by vbalddave. 08/03/21 05:28 PM
Polishing my Nuts
by Peter J. 08/03/21 04:58 PM
Darmont Morgan
by Image. 08/03/21 02:50 PM
Phishing for Oil
by IcePack. 08/03/21 02:14 PM
Latest Photos
Mandy's Morgan so far...
Skiing in Scotland
Some pics
More Lock-Down slides
Gearbox oil check 2nd attempt at pics
Newest Members
andypandy, BearDee, Gerorge4+41998, Daniel O, Louis
7408 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics40,657
Posts679,469
Members7,408
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: Stewart S] #396903
03/10/16 09:18 PM
03/10/16 09:18 PM
Devonshire
+8Rich Online content
Member of the Inner Circle
+8Rich  Online Content

Devonshire
Originally Posted By Stewart S
Having read the recent posts on this thread, with tears in my eyes and a lump in my throat, I find it hard to imagine that there exists a more incredible, life affirming forum, group of members and contributors anywhere else.

It's hard to believe that what brought us here is an unusual little car

Maybe I'm being silly but surely this is pretty special isn't it ?

I believe it to be unique and certainly greater than the sum of all the members.

Simon cheers.

Regards Richard

1999 Indigo Blue +8
2009 4/4 Sport Green prev
1994 Connaught Green +8 prev

Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: Stringers Best Mate] #396959
04/10/16 08:05 AM
04/10/16 08:05 AM
YORK
KEVFITZ Offline
Talk Morgan Expert
KEVFITZ  Offline
Talk Morgan Expert

YORK
Special Place Talk Morgan...unique I think in forums..help and advice when required,good humour and compassion and respect for all.

No D--kheads !!!!!

" I LOVE THE SOUND OF THROTTLE BODIES IN THE MORNING " (ROBERT DUVAL IN "APOCOLYPSE NOW " )
Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: Jack The Lad] #396966
04/10/16 08:38 AM
04/10/16 08:38 AM
Seaton, Devon, UK
AJSki2fly Offline
Drive on the Wild Side
AJSki2fly  Offline
Drive on the Wild Side
Part of the Furniture

Seaton, Devon, UK
John, although we have not met we have communicated several times on a variety of topics, not always Morgan. Hang on in there chap, it is hard when you loose someone close especially a parent. I lost my Mum 5 years ago in similar circumstances to yourself and I thought I was prepared for her departure. How wrong I was, apart from all the if only I had done this or that I was not prepared for the gapping hole I felt. Like others have I found reflecting on the good times and happy memories as a child helped greatly.

As you and others know I was recently quite unwell, and it has taken a 5 month battle to get to where I am now, which is pretty good. Through this I found the support of fellow TMers just fantastic, from quite a few I had never met, it really helped.

If you feel or want a chat just PM me, I'm always here.

Wishing you all the best, along with many others here.

Adrian

Adrian

Buggered Off, to a modern none leaky car, heart's still ticking
Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: Stringers Best Mate] #396969
04/10/16 08:59 AM
04/10/16 08:59 AM
Llanelli
Ray Offline
Part of the Furniture
Ray  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Llanelli
John sorry to hear of your loss,but in some ways you are a lucky man, as you seem to have a stong woman to lean on. Try to look to the future. All the best. Ray.

Last edited by Ray; 04/10/16 08:59 AM.

.+8 Now gone for a 1800 4/4. Duratec in bright yellow.
Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: Stewart S] #397004
04/10/16 11:50 AM
04/10/16 11:50 AM
England
Simon Offline

Talk Morgan Guru
Simon  Offline

Talk Morgan Guru

England
Originally Posted By Stewart S
A very powerful post John

Not sure how to react to it really other than wishing you and your family all the best

Very much my sentiments after reading John's post.

My thoughts are with you.

As for the other people who have written such moving posts on this thread, it really does illustrate what a special community Morgan enthusiast are part of.

Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: Ray] #397011
04/10/16 12:12 PM
04/10/16 12:12 PM
The frozen North
J
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Jack The Lad  Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru
J

The frozen North
Thanks Ray each day at a time yes I think I picked a good one when I met June , but I should have asked can we sleep together as I now know she has the coldest feet in the world I go to bed in the winter she sits and reads a love story book in the kitchen on purpose TILL she knows I am asleep . I am fast asleep hot fumes rising off me then its AGRRRRRR the iceberg grabs me those feet on my legs . She has vampire instincts sucks the heat out of me rolls over and falls asleep and I am wide awake having just fought off Miss world in my dreams.
But when we met her father was not to happy I am 10 year older , but I found out his idea of me he thought I may have been like him new years eve a few year ago he had to much water of life . I am almost tea total 1/2 shandy and he told me when he met the m/in/law he was going out with 3 woman at once . I had to tell him to shut up I did not want to know of his exploits .

But here is the real bit he has a broken back he was a miner and worked in a team of 12 one day a chap was off and they brought in a newbie showed him the ropes the machine broke so it was turned off . He climbed under it and the newbie turned it on . He was dragged screaming under it his right leg over his shoulder his back broken . This was not long before I met June he had been in hospital and they fused his spine so he had to lye hours on his stomach in a cast then strapped in turned over and the same on his back for a long time .
He had purchased a couple of years old Toyota and it was not working he asked me to return it. I entered the garage and told them who I was they told me its the other garage down the road that deals with that stuff. As I reached it a car shot out I was correct what I had thought, I was told that the man I had to see had just left . I returned unexpected and was told B/S so phoned a mate in the garage trade . I returned again and explained he was in hospital and why it was getting to me they did not care . I scanned the garage and noticed they had a large single roller door to get the cars in and out of with a concrete steep angle ramp to drive up to it. I took a trip to the local police station and said to them what I was going to do.
That evening I drove the Toyota up the ramp and wedged the door tight with the bumper , left my telephone number on the top of the dash .In the m/ing the phone went are you going to repair it , "no". I placed the phone down this went on many times . I was told they where going to get the police , " please go ahead " after several hours . They phoned and said "YES" . I told them my b/in/ law would arrive with a letter sign it or the car stands . It was to say the car would be corrected of its faults . They sorted it out and to this day the f/in /law has no idea . He when in resbite met a very wealthy Yorkshire man and are great pals . I nicknamed them the prince and the pauper . Junes dad talks to anyone the same in his mining twang if he bumped in Prince Philip he would say doya face a pint Phil and hows your lass keeping . I shake my head but he is what you get.
Several years ago the phone went he had a heart attack we shot over at about 1am the ambulance was outside and he was been lifted in I grabbed June and took over followed it and a short distance it stopped at the church June went frozen , she thought the worst . Go on get in and see if your dad is OK , she looked at me its for you to do by yourself go . They had just stopped to sort stuff out . He was put in the Freeman and had 4 heart valves replaced . I had years of jokes of all kind blue very blue you name it doctor and nurses etc etc . After several visits it was so dull I started taking about 20 sheets of them in a night EACH SHEET HAD A GOOOD FEW JOKES . The magic came on night after we had gone , the nurses heard loud laughter from the ward and ran in . Even from a 18 year old who was not going to make it . They looked at the jokes and asked if they could borrow them . The jokes made there way from the tea lady to the surgeons . I did say to June that,s it I will be banned out for life but no I had to take more in till the lot went . Funny I never got any back .
So Ray its a two way thing with June and me she is the serious one always sorting out my tie telling me to put clean shirt on . I am the nutter lifting her up till she falls down with laughter .

I have just thought that the first time I have written something because I wanted to , must be on the mend I hope thanks to you all but I ain't kissing you when we meet. love

Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: Jack The Lad] #397031
04/10/16 12:57 PM
04/10/16 12:57 PM
Kent & Dorset, UK
twotribes Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
twotribes  Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Kent & Dorset, UK
Nice to have you back John. For God's sake start writing a book will you - this stuff's too good to waste on the likes of us

Stuart
"There's no skill substitute like cubic inches."
Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: twotribes] #397040
04/10/16 01:26 PM
04/10/16 01:26 PM
Lancashire, England
Stewart S Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan
Stewart S  Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan

Lancashire, England
Originally Posted By twotribes
Nice to have you back John. For God's sake start writing a book will you - this stuff's too good to waste on the likes of us

it is.... it's brilliant!

2008 XXVII Platform, Bugatti Blue Roadster 4 Seater
Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: Stringers Best Mate] #397050
04/10/16 02:17 PM
04/10/16 02:17 PM
Luton, Bedfordshire
Fox Terrier Offline
Has a lot to Say!
Fox Terrier  Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Luton, Bedfordshire
I've missed this stuff. Great to be able to read it again.

Morgan Plus 4
Brompton M6L
Giant TCX Advanced
Re: Anyone Heard From Jack The Lad..? [Re: twotribes] #397056
04/10/16 03:08 PM
04/10/16 03:08 PM
Belgium
S
Sukram Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Sukram  Offline
Learner Plates Off!