Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
21 registered (nick w, MOG 615, K Henry, Aeromax51, The Austrian, yobtaf, More rpm!, +8Rich, N22MOG, Button, Graham, G4FUJ, Georgie, NeilL, deano, Ragnar, JMD, Burgundymog, CasaLobo, Lowflyer, ajg141, RedThree), 71 Guests and 93 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Morgan meets Transformers
Spotted hiding at Henry Moore Foundation
Bury St Ed and the Krazy Horse
Spotted in Cyprus today
French highway, recently
Newest Topics
An all electric future!
by Gambalunga
Today at 02:11 PM
Live feed for Nautilus horn
by John V6
Today at 01:48 PM
Fan Switch
by Craig Jezzard69
Today at 11:38 AM
Fires in Portugal
by Gambalunga
Today at 08:59 AM
Malvern to Moscow car badge
by Alan Patterson
Today at 07:33 AM
Battery removal on plus 8
by RedFlash
Yesterday at 07:01 PM
Sean Hughes RIP.
by +8Rich
Yesterday at 05:33 PM
Newest Members
velociphiles, Landiman, Neil Marsay, 44mog, KennethM
5738 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
5,738 Registered Members
33 Forums
29,962 Topics
467,389 Posts

Most users ever online: 260 @ 23/08/17 09:25 PM
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5
Topic Options
#469512 - 29/08/17 08:49 PM Re: Insurance [Re: Hamwich]
Roger-Cheshire Offline

Charter Member

Loc: Cheshire
Originally Posted By Hamwich
Originally Posted By Neilda
The thing with Chubb is that they assume you're honest.... which is a good thing. When I lost a Breguet watch in the sea their response was 'where should we send the cheque?'. The fire at home was a £40k loss - all settled (rapidly) without so much as murmur from Chubb. I can't rate them highly enough. However it's only when you have a claim that you realise you get what you pay for - paying years of premiums without a claim makes them appear expensive.

Absolutely right. I use NFU for the same reason. It's all very well buying insurance on price, but if you ever need to make a claim then it's quality of service that suddenly becomes the important thing. I've only had cause to use them on a couple of occasions, and both times they paid up immediately and without question.

The cheap insurance companies are able to drive their premiums down because their claims handling policies are extremely rigorous - they do everything they can to avoid paying.

As always, you pays your money and you takes your choice.

We have used NFU for many years as we always looked at extent of cover, service and price as a total package. We had 3 cars and all our properties covered with them so they had a fair bit of money off us over the years. The last couple of years or so the prices each year climbed significantly to the extent I couldn't ignore shopping around even though we had no claims history. The cars have gone through G&W - last to go next February on renewal and the last of the properties have now gone through a broker connected to a Landlords Association of which we are members. As it's a very large members policy we have managed to not only considerably increase the cover, reduced excess etc but also halved the premiums which is saving us a lot of money.

Mogless in Cheshire. Ex -2011 4/4 Sport

#469633 - 30/08/17 12:16 PM Re: Insurance [Re: waikiore]
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog
Needs to Get Out More!

Loc: Salisbury, UK
Originally Posted By waikiore
Hi all
Can anyone recommend an insurer for a non resident ?
ie Car is in the UK for when I visit and I reside offshore, this seems to be a problem for some reason.

London Morgan may be able to help, they "manage" cars for non resident Morgan Owners.

#474091 - 25/09/17 04:38 PM Re: Insurance [Re: Nevbag]
madmax Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: East Anglia
Just thought I'd get a quote from the NFU before renewing and they gave very good cover and figure all included instead of adding on extras so I've changed to them.

#477253 - Yesterday at 08:28 AM Re: Insurance [Re: Nevbag]
TimG Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Aberdeenshire
I just got my renewal for my vintage Sunbeam from Peter S Taylor in Hove. They have insured it for nearly 30 years. Premium is £108 & its been around that price for 10 years or more. Gott & Wyne handle my Morgan

Tim

Page 5 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon