Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
13 registered (Clipper, nippymog, Heinz, Jeremy Edwards, Soleng, Carrotious, Chester.G, Rog G, Ian Wegg, Neptune, Chunky4/4Racer, aerotaff, tmg513), 125 Guests and 18 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Plus 4 in autumnal evening sun
Cuthbert's BMW Trike
Pic to go with thread on GDI oil breather
Morgans on parade in the the NZ summer
QE 2....not quite!!!
Newest Topics
Merry Christmas
by Jack The Lad
Today at 12:14 PM
Highway price for the M3W in France
by GLLOQ
Today at 12:10 PM
Wartranties
by DavidC
Today at 12:07 PM
More +4 wheel musings
by Carrotious
Today at 10:36 AM
Skid Pan/Low Friction Driving Courses
by MOG 615
Today at 10:00 AM
Customer Services!
by DaveW
Today at 09:28 AM
1950s films
by Rob Thornton
Today at 08:56 AM
Newest Members
gary sartor, Bonesie, Ben, jejemel, jk-sky
6307 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,307 Registered Members
33 Forums
33,767 Topics
538,234 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
Jim Mountain, MorganJedi, smo590
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#519051 - 24/06/18 08:37 PM San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount!
norcal_moggirl Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Bay Area, CA
Our customers have stayed at the San Remo Hotel for decades whenever coming to look at the Morgans from another state. Recently, the owner Tom finally purchased one for himself. This is a European style hotel built in 1906 with shared bathroom and walking distance from North Beach's restaurants as well as Fisherman's Wharf, Telegraph Hill, etc. Ask about the Morgan "Friends and family" discount - off season this could mean a room in SF for as little as $90 per night - this is unheard of in the most expensive housing city in the USA. Also, your room key has a little foam Morgan attached!

San Remo Hotel 2237 Mason Street in San Francisco, California • (415)776-REMO • www.sanremohotel.com Tell the reservation desk that Tom (the owner) approved you for the Morgan discount.

#519066 - 24/06/18 09:46 PM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: norcal_moggirl]
OZ 4/4 Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Australia - NSW Mid North Coas...
Perfect....

#521513 - 10/07/18 10:59 AM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: norcal_moggirl]
Dean-Royal Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: UK (up north)
I was just about to open a new post for help and assistance of where and what to do whilst in San Francisco.

I have an ich to visit the west of USA and also an invite to
visit a Factory in Utah that is connected to our Business

Any advise of what and where to go whilst in San and what to avoid unnecessary waist time.

is it worth a drive from San to Utah or would it be just as wise to get a flight or Train.

Any advise welcome, i am thinking of 3-4th August for 2 weeks.

PS The Remo is fully booked.

Edited by Dean-Royal (10/07/18 11:05 AM)

#521535 - 10/07/18 12:22 PM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: norcal_moggirl]
John V6 Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Suffolk
We drove from LA to Vegas & then on with Route 66 last year.
The scenery is stunning but the distances large. If you have the time I would drive it.

#521846 - 11/07/18 10:35 PM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: norcal_moggirl]
norcal_moggirl Offline
Learner Plates Off!

I will be leaving for the UK on Aug. 8th. but do be sure to give me a call if you find yourself nearby - I am one hour north as you are crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. Regarding traversing the country, I'm the wrong person to ask apparently, as I would fly rather than drive through the most beautiful of deserts, but then again I am missing the gene that enables people to enjoy camping too. It's a flaw.

#526002 - 05/08/18 06:26 PM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: norcal_moggirl]
+8Rich Offline

Loc: Devon UK
Originally Posted By norcal_moggirl
I will be leaving for the UK on Aug. 8th. but do be sure to give me a call if you find yourself nearby - I am one hour north as you are crossing the Golden Gate Bridge. Regarding traversing the country, I'm the wrong person to ask apparently, as I would fly rather than drive through the most beautiful of deserts, but then again I am missing the gene that enables people to enjoy camping too. It's a flaw.

Try this one out this is "Ana and her Morgan's" concession off her FB page laugh2.

Camping's ok if you are in the Scouts or climbing Snowdon etc, but not over 40 thank you if it don't flush I'm not going anywhere.

#526020 - 05/08/18 07:36 PM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: norcal_moggirl]
John V6 Offline

Loc: Suffolk
swmbo is with you but most really good African Safari places have running water & loos in the tents.

#526057 - 05/08/18 10:17 PM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: norcal_moggirl]
+8Rich Offline

When we spent a couple of weeks in Kruger it was Rondavels or nothing I was told swmbo.

#526069 - 05/08/18 11:18 PM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: +8Rich]
norcal_moggirl Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Originally Posted By +8Rich

Camping's ok if you are in the Scouts or climbing Snowdon etc, but not over 40 thank you if it don't flush I'm not going anywhere.

In the USA people call that "glamping" which I am guessing is a combo of glamourous+camping (I call it an oxymoron.) I pretty much feel I have been camping ever since I moved to the wilderness from San Francisco. Why would I pay to spend time away from a comfy bed, bathroom and wifi, with only a nylon tent as protective barrier from bugs and strangers in nearby tents, just to see nature? I just open my door and I have live episode of National Geographic playing out every day.

#526070 - 05/08/18 11:24 PM Re: San Francisco -San Remo Hotel - Morgan discount! [Re: norcal_moggirl]
+8Rich Offline

Originally Posted By norcal_moggirl
Originally Posted By +8Rich

In the USA people call that "glamping" which I am guessing is a combo of glamourous+camping (I call it an oxymoron.) I pretty much feel I have been camping ever since I moved to the wilderness from San Francisco. Why would I pay to spend time away from a comfy bed, bathroom and wifi, with only a nylon tent as protective barrier from bugs and strangers in nearby tents, just to see nature? I just open my door and I have live episode of National Geographic playing out every day.

Yes we have glamping over here too quite a few sites down here in Devon use the big Yurts, so the punters can really feel Mongolian when they are awoken in the middle of the night by sheep or cows..
Oh I don't know that I would go quite as far as calling them oxymoron's some of them maybe reasonable folk grin2.

You live in a lovely spot in the country too - cities offer no freedom for me.

Stella is beautiful, how is her young one? have you been formally introduced yet I wonder or is she still hiding it wink

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Simon