Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
9 registered (60Yards, Sir Percival, James B W, BertR, JohnS, Neptune, Aeroman, Malcolm T, twotribes), 57 Guests and 14 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Vienna Classic Days
Photos from Thrill on the Hill Prescott
New Sifab radiator and K&N airfilter on 2016 4/4
Pickersleigh 3
Thrill on the Hill
Newest Topics
Erratic Speedometer
by Rob Thornton
19/08/18 07:02 AM
TOTH 2018 - Plus 8 Hill Climb in First ever Plus 8
by norcal_moggirl
19/08/18 12:37 AM
Morgan Dealer Day at Ledgerwood's
by Stringers Best Mate
18/08/18 08:42 PM
Speed bumps
by Ken A
18/08/18 08:12 PM
A London Classic Car Place
by lowebird
18/08/18 06:38 PM
Aero 8 engine turned dash
by Capt Aero
18/08/18 05:16 PM
Does anyone know this M3W? Plate - N 2CYL
by NickCW
18/08/18 03:55 PM
Newest Members
DavidC, Wilfried Derksen, david1956, Joe90, Gareth H
6122 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,122 Registered Members
33 Forums
32,701 Topics
518,026 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
Biggles
Topic Options
#526887 - 10/08/18 11:17 AM It’s “Morgan Blue” according to Charles Morgan
Stewart S Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan
Needs to Get Out More!

Loc: Lancashire, England
I would never have picked the colour of my current Mog as I prefer the tradition Morgan colours and Rosso Corsa Red as my last Morgan

The colour was actually picked by its first owner Geoff Dunford ex-Bristol Rovers Chairman, prolific charity fundraiser and local businessman who very sadly died last year aged 66

(Richard Williams who was very good pals with Geoff told me that he had a Morgan badge on his coffin at his funeral)

Anyway the light blue colour was chosen by Geoff to coincide with the lighter blue of the Bristol Rovers shirt when Geoff was Chairman in 2007/2008 and when the car was ordered

I now have a Bristol Rovers shirt from that year proudly displayed in my garage and quite coincidently is very similar to the same blue and shirt of my team Blackburn Rovers for this current season having just changed to a lighter blue

For anyone not steeped in the colours of football teams, the colour of the Mog is known in automobile parlance as French Racing Blue or Bugatti Blue of which there are about as many variations as British Racing green

Reading the very good interview with Charles Morgan in July’s MOG Mag, he mentions the blue paint colour of Big Blue which came about from sponsorship from ICI who were using Morgan as a test bed for their new water based paint systems and which looks near identical to the colour of my Mog

Charles refers to it as “Morgan Blue”

That will do for me Charles

And well done Geoff

#526915 - 10/08/18 02:25 PM Re: It’s “Morgan Blue” according to Charles Morgan [Re: Stewart S]
Clipper Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: South Yorks
Not understanding MMC’s thinking on colour - believe sometimes they use the official colour name - presume Ferrari Le Mans Blue is correct(could be wrong)

The Aero is Porche Lapis Blau but Morgan call it Ravenblau Blue - never seen a blue raven, so no idea where it comes from or why the name change.

DHA1G

#526916 - 10/08/18 02:28 PM Re: It’s “Morgan Blue” according to Charles Morgan [Re: Stewart S]
VinMogger Offline
Just Getting Started

When I chose the colour of my Roadster in 2009 An & I spent half a morning going through all the colour samples, and eventually selected one that was shown as Glasurit MB (metallic blue) 144.50. When we spoke with Sarah at BHM she checked and found that it had never been used on any production car - so did not have a fancy name. When we saw the car in the trim shop we mentioned this to Steve Morris who decided it should be called 'Quentin Blue'. So when ordering our four seater in 2016 (four seats required to accommodate two grandsons) we naturally specified the same.

Quentin

#526920 - 10/08/18 03:09 PM Re: It’s “Morgan Blue” according to Charles Morgan [Re: Stewart S]
Oakvillian Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
I've had a few people assume mine is Bugatti Blue. Its Morgan paint name is Jubilee Blue - a special factory colour offered in 1984/5 for the 75th anniversary year, I believe. Somewhere in the files of correspondence between my dad and the factory, I have a set of four paint chips with the "special" options - from memory, the blue, a red, an ivory and a green. I don't think we ever knew the actual code for this paint; touch-ups and resprays have always been matched at source, as far as I know.

I also don't know of any other 1984/85 cars in this particular blue - there were around 900 cars produced in those two years (mine was delivered on 1 July 1985, but the colour was specified in late November 1984...), so it's unlikely my dad was the only person to pick the Jubilee Blue. I don't suppose, given the slightly wonky record keeping of the time, there will be an easy way to find out.

#527007 - 11/08/18 06:14 AM Re: It’s “Morgan Blue” according to Charles Morgan [Re: Stewart S]
Stewart S Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan
Needs to Get Out More!

Loc: Lancashire, England
Clipper, Quentin and Doug

You’ll all have to post photos of your blues

This is mine, it’s non metallic

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon