Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
15 registered (Woodster, griffo, Richard Wood, Wirewheel, CooperMan, HJP, Paulxj, Sir Percival, MOG 615, A11OGE, mph, stevemag, Phil Bleazey, brownbaker, JCD), 44 Guests and 12 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Turbo Plus 4 - final report
Sunny Shropshire!
As Ordered
Spring in Norway
Vehicle Lifts
Newest Topics
Garage Lift double stack Morgan cars
by BuyBritish
24/04/19 06:47 AM
Fairbourne Screen Update
by Michael H
23/04/19 09:22 PM
PSA - 1.6 Sigma - copper adapter is a weak link
by PerryP
23/04/19 06:32 PM
Turbo Plus 4 Plus -- final report
by griffo
23/04/19 04:44 PM
Dimension needed -Plus 8
by Culminator
23/04/19 04:29 PM
Tesla (your car will go moonlighting!)
by Alistair
23/04/19 02:02 PM
good new toy for smartphone photography
by Alistair
23/04/19 01:21 PM
Newest Members
Andy Hatch, Toyracer59, Roxy Plus4, RobCol, Rsglush
6471 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,471 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,857 Topics
562,571 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
ianc
Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 >
Topic Options
#538268 - 19/10/18 04:35 PM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: MOG 615]
lowebird Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: norfolk, UK
Is thread drift what happens when your stitching goes wrong?? evil

#538271 - 19/10/18 04:44 PM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: lowebird]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog
Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Cheltenham, Glos. UK
smile

Back to the original query, I understand there may be an extra dealer in Japan sometime soon.

D8921 L44FOR '93 4/4 Giallo Fly 2 seat smile
'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#538274 - 19/10/18 04:48 PM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: Graham, G4FUJ]
+8Rich Offline

Loc: Devonshire
Originally Posted By Graham, G4FUJ
smile

Back to the original query, I understand there may be an extra dealer in Japan sometime soon.

I love it Graham it's taken 9 days and 9 pages to learn that and still no news on UK dealerships laugh2

The Japanese members that I speak to are really keen but most of their cars are Plus 8's and the odd M3W,4/4 and +4. So there must be room for another dealership, they had over 100 cars at their recent 46 year celebrations.

Reg,
I think an M3W owner suffered that recently in the seating area.

#538491 - 21/10/18 11:01 AM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: MOG 615]
lowebird Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

This "Thread Drift" is what makes TM the brilliant forum it is and seems to be a showcase for an vast pool of knowledge, alternate views, humour and down right nonsense, but what about the Dealer News??

#538493 - 21/10/18 11:17 AM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: +8Rich]
Hamwich Offline

Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: Gloucestershire, UK
Originally Posted By +8Rich
It seems like all Canadian dealers will soon be out of business hippy

Oops wrong site ...

Quite impressive toking skills displayed by our Canadian brothers and sisters. Apparently the country had run out of weed by the end of the second day!

Lots of happy citizens and a happy government too, the additional tax income must be very welcome.
hippy

#538523 - 21/10/18 05:11 PM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: Hamwich]
+8Rich Offline

Originally Posted By Hamwich
It seems like all Canadian dealers will soon be out of business hippy

Oops wrong site ...

Quite impressive toking skills displayed by our Canadian brothers and sisters. Apparently the country had run out of weed by the end of the second day!

Lots of happy citizens and a happy government too, the additional tax income must be very welcome.
hippy

It can't be all bad, too busy chillin to want a fight and the revenue dept are happy thumbs.

I wonder how many others will follow the Canadians down this sensible (to me) road, when I worked out there I always thought they were a really nice crowd, no I didn't smoke it. I tried it out there when I was offered it but it kinda didn't work for me. The Molson was good and worked really well though.

#538595 - 22/10/18 11:06 AM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: +8Rich]
Ian Wegg Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Petersfield, Hampshire, UK
I love it Graham it's taken 9 days and 9 pages to learn that ...

Rich, you must be viewing on default settings if you have 9 pages of this topic.

Assuming you're not still using a dial-up connection, I recommend that you edit your preferences and increase the value of "Total posts to show on one page" to something more useful. The default value of 10 is far too low.

~iw

#538597 - 22/10/18 11:12 AM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: Ian Wegg]
+8Rich Offline

Originally Posted By Ian Wegg

Rich, you must be viewing on default settings if you have 9 pages of this topic.

Assuming you're not still using a dial-up connection, I recommend that you edit your preferences and increase the value of "Total posts to show on one page" to something more useful. The default value of 10 is far too low.

~iw

Thanks for that Ian - I couldn't even remember seeing that page thumbs

#538657 - 22/10/18 08:39 PM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: Hamwich]
Oakvillian Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Toronto, ON, Canada
Originally Posted By Hamwich

hippy

Indeed! Several of the provinces have restricted sales to the official Government on-line store for the first few months, ostensibly to give a breathing space for the storefronts of "questionable legality" to get their house in order before opening officially in the spring. Of course everyone knows that it's so the Provincial govt can run an effective monopoly for 6 months or so and gain a loyal customer base for their online distribution - and, of course, provide a new revenue stream for the beleaguered Canada Post.

Canada Post workers, of course, have seen the sudden upwelling of support for online deliveries, and taken the opportunity to threaten strike action as part of a long-running dispute over pay and conditions. That would split public sentiment right down the middle, I suspect...

There were well north of 100,000 transactions posted in the first couple of days after legalization, in the provinces that reported total volumes (in some provinces, private retailers are supplied through government wholesalers, so there's no aggregate retail data available). BC, Ontario, Quebec and Newfoundland all reported shortages of product in the "official" supply chain.

It all seems to be a bit of a fuss over nothing, though. Most indications are that total consumption won't change much in the medium term; it remains an offence to supply to (or consume if you are) a minor; the most significant overall effect is that the flow of cash into organized crime has been at least turned down a bit. Instead some of the tax revenue - at least in Ontario - has been ring-fenced for drug treatment and harm reduction programmes.

#538841 - 24/10/18 08:28 AM Re: Dealer Changes [Re: Ian Wegg]
lowebird Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Originally Posted By Ian Wegg

~iw

Ian, I too am on 9 pages for this thread. Please explain what it was you told Rich to do and accepting that I hope to understand, will your suggestion mean the individual posts will be smaller i.e more difficult to read? Thank you

Page 9 of 12 < 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon