Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
16 registered (John Winn, Hamwich, Graham, G4FUJ, DaveW, JoeSpeetjens, rv6, kwb, M3W55, BobtheTrain, Peter J, PeterVD, IcePack, Alan Patterson, Elcyd, ShaunD, HJP), 116 Guests and 9 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Our   "new"   +4
46th National Meeting of Morgan Sports Car Club JP
My new Morgan Three Wheeler drawing
Ecoboost Plus 4
Brooklands Morgan Day and our Cheque Presentation
Newest Topics
DonMog & Tormog Visit to Donington Collection
by DaveW
Today at 04:08 PM
Getting ready to store for Winter
by Michael H
Today at 02:46 PM
How to be modern
by Carrotious
Today at 09:01 AM
They Shall Not Grow Old
by rid967
Yesterday at 09:32 PM
"He'll be back"
by MarioCP
Yesterday at 06:02 PM
Hello from Hertfordshire
by Chris M3W
Yesterday at 11:41 AM
Swiss Classic British Car Meeting 2018
by M3W55
Yesterday at 11:02 AM
Newest Members
KOSYNIER, Colby, Ian Francis, Tim Dinan, stef Gibson
6229 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,229 Registered Members
33 Forums
33,197 Topics
527,338 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#536168 - 07/10/18 03:33 PM Re: Paint colours and the wonderful names used.... [Re: Peter J]
MDS61 Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Loc: Shropshire
Originally Posted By Peter J
Tarka is finished in "Rolls Royce Metallic Bronze". This looks like the colour, but despite a careful web search this is the best one I could find.

The comments about lack of choice of colours at BMW and Mercedes dealers is well founded. Trying to get anything different is impossible. The only answer is a wrap, when it seems anything is possible..

BMW (MB?) provide the "individual" programme - you can then choose any exterior colour...if you wish.

2004 Roadster S1 3.0 V6 - "Seve"

#536251 - 08/10/18 12:26 AM Re: Paint colours and the wonderful names used.... [Re: MDS61]
Aeroman Offline

Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: Eton, Berks
G-Wagens were produced by Magna Steyr (formerly Steyr-Daimler-Puch) in Graz in Austria and sold by Mercedes-Benz under their own brand. I doubt whether MB themselves use any 'sheep dipping' techniques in their German plant, certainly when we went round the BMW plant 4/5 years ago all painting was done by robotised sprayers and the paint was given a positive charge and the car a negative (or vice versa) and the paint was attached in this way. This enabled them to have the thinnest possible layer of paint on the car and reduced costs hugely according to the guide.

I'm sure someone can give a more technical explanation of this process...

Morgan SP1 (Rocket Red)
Morgan Plus 8 (Rocket Blue)
Morgan Plus 8 - Moss Box (Black)

#536252 - 08/10/18 12:40 AM Re: Paint colours and the wonderful names used.... [Re: MDS61]
+8Rich Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Devon UK

When we went to the DTM meeting back in August at Brands Hatch they had a White V8 G-Wagen there for sale at £150,000 on the Mercedes stand...It attracted no attention unlike the AMG GT C next to it in Asbo Green laugh2

#536853 - 11/10/18 12:49 PM Re: Paint colours and the wonderful names used.... [Re: Aeroman]
Dean-Royal Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: UK (up north)
Originally Posted By Aeroman
G-Wagens were produced by Magna Steyr (formerly Steyr-Daimler-Puch) in Graz in Austria and sold by Mercedes-Benz under their own brand. I doubt whether MB themselves use any 'sheep dipping' techniques in their German plant, certainly when we went round the BMW plant 4/5 years ago all painting was done by robotised sprayers and the paint was given a positive charge and the car a negative (or vice versa) and the paint was attached in this way. This enabled them to have the thinnest possible layer of paint on the car and reduced costs hugely according to the guide.

I'm sure someone can give a more technical explanation of this process...

Correct Brian, more specifically the electric charge is to ensure the paint goes in a straight direction to the panel from the gun eliminating wastage, in a standard body-shop over 70% of the Paint that leaves the Gun is wasted in the atmospheric air, hence the need to adapt to Water Based.....to much solvent floating around.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon