Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
2 registered (Carrotious, Elcyd), 53 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
The winter M3W
SwanMog Christmas party
Finished Plus 4 Side View
Mkiss Mog +4 fourseater
Management of cooling air flow
Newest Topics
Spot lights
by Craig Jezz
18/01/19 11:23 PM
Aero Air Bag Help
by jonathan7barrow
18/01/19 08:05 PM
VDO Clock Set
by AZJowett
18/01/19 06:23 PM
ROY POW power pack gets the Roadster started ...
by dmh
18/01/19 05:57 PM
Workshop Note -Steering Damper
by DaveW
18/01/19 05:19 PM
fan knob only working on one speed
by tom+4
18/01/19 04:49 PM
S&S X-Wedge Manual Found!
by AZJowett
18/01/19 03:22 PM
Newest Members
PJS, 250swb, Mkiss, jacquesj, Dodger
6332 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,332 Registered Members
33 Forums
33,991 Topics
543,896 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
BertR
Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
#552147 - 06/01/19 02:43 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: ewn]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: West Yorkshire
Originally Posted By ewn
This has the makings of an epic thread, I don’t know how I missed it earlier.

Not that my enthusiasm needs rekindled, but seeing those pictures at the factory brings back that excited feeling, in my case, most likely a once in a lifetime experience.

It’s a cracking spec you’ve chosen, I particularly like the leather with the coloured piping and stitching, and the black mats are a sensible choice.

The mirrors you have look fine but if you want to change them, there are better round mirrors than the aero ones, I had to make some drastic alterations to get mine to point in the right direction.

You’re probably right about not driving on the M6, it was a miserable part of our journey home, but having recently visited Ilkley, that’s an area I’d like to revisit with more time to drive around, lots of scenic exploration to do.

Thanks for the kind words .

Useful info re the Aero mirrors, I have gathered from the Dave W “how to tame your dragon” book that there are a number of round head mirror choices, so I’ll not rush into buying the official ones but have a look round at some shows such as the March NEC one. (Day pass from Swmbo still to be negotiated though!)

We’re not far from Ilkley, in fact the road to the bottom of my road is the moorland road over to Ilkley. Send me a PM if you like if you make it back and I can let you have some decent routes round winky and maybe a cheers

#552205 - 06/01/19 05:29 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: Fat Wolfie]
BobJ Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: Buckinghamshire
Fantastic looking car. I don't think I'd be able to sleep tonight. Have a great delivery day joy

#552264 - 06/01/19 08:21 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: Fat Wolfie]
ewn Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: NE Scotland
Originally Posted By Fat Wolfie
Originally Posted By ewn
This has the makings of an epic thread, I don’t know how I missed it earlier.

Not that my enthusiasm needs rekindled, but seeing those pictures at the factory brings back that excited feeling, in my case, most likely a once in a lifetime experience.

It’s a cracking spec you’ve chosen, I particularly like the leather with the coloured piping and stitching, and the black mats are a sensible choice.

The mirrors you have look fine but if you want to change them, there are better round mirrors than the aero ones, I had to make some drastic alterations to get mine to point in the right direction.

You’re probably right about not driving on the M6, it was a miserable part of our journey home, but having recently visited Ilkley, that’s an area I’d like to revisit with more time to drive around, lots of scenic exploration to do.

Thanks for the kind words .

Useful info re the Aero mirrors, I have gathered from the Dave W “how to tame your dragon” book that there are a number of round head mirror choices, so I’ll not rush into buying the official ones but have a look round at some shows such as the March NEC one. (Day pass from Swmbo still to be negotiated though!)

We’re not far from Ilkley, in fact the road to the bottom of my road is the moorland road over to Ilkley. Send me a PM if you like if you make it back and I can let you have some decent routes round winky and maybe a cheers

Will do FW, but in the meantime, lots of pictures please when you get it.

#552429 - 07/01/19 07:04 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: Fat Wolfie]
HeadlessBlue Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: North of Stamford, UK
Up to anything interesting tomorrow old chap? 😇

#552437 - 07/01/19 07:28 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

Originally Posted By HeadlessBlue
Up to anything interesting tomorrow old chap? 😇

rofl It’s going to be a bit of a funny day, because after delivery/licking the paintwork etc I have to go out and don’t get back until late afternoon...but that kind of doesn’t matter cos it’ll be here and ready to roll at a moments notice.

Swmbo is out all day Wednesday so I’ll get plenty of 1 on 1 with the Moggie then love

Camera fully charged!

#552439 - 07/01/19 07:39 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: Fat Wolfie]
HeadlessBlue Offline
Just Getting Started

I hope the temperature stays above freezing otherwise I sense a Dumb and Dumber moment with all that paint licking.
Happy days - hope it all goes to plan tomorrow, weather looks fine 😆
HB

#552590 - 08/01/19 06:48 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: Fat Wolfie]
HeadlessBlue Offline
Just Getting Started

Has she arrived? How does she look? 😇

#552595 - 08/01/19 07:12 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: Fat Wolfie]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

Well what a sleepless night that was! But eventually morning came, and luckily I had set the alarm which meant I was actually up at 8.00 (albeit in my pyjamas and dressing gown) when the guys arrived with the car pantsdown I was expecting them between 9 and 9.30....

Sadly I have had no time to do anything today with the car (pretty well as anticipated). I have managed to read the comprehensive users manual though, a bit thinner than the usual fare that comes with a car but does at least assume a modicum of intelligence on the users part.

The car came with a nice 100 years of Morgan book, and a centenary DVD which I assume were courtesy of Oakmere, which was a nice touch. They have been superb so far!

I have only driven it up the drive and into the garage, but hopefully in the next couple of days I’ll get out in it!

Some photos but I need to refresh myself about posting them. I’ve got them on the image hosting site, but can’t seem to get them over to here...will have another look later.

#552598 - 08/01/19 07:28 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: Fat Wolfie]
HeadlessBlue Offline
Just Getting Started

Really pleased for you old chap. Look forward to the photos and a report on your first drive
HB

#552599 - 08/01/19 07:29 PM Re: Hello from West Yorkshire [Re: Fat Wolfie]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

Ok, realised what I’d done wrong so have got some quick pics

First picture is fairly self explanatory, the guys did have to do a bit of shuffling to turn the rig around as it’s a no through road!

They had to back it off almost into next doors drive, luckily they weren’t in laugh2

Then after unloading they drove it into my driveway and that was it!

They arrived at 8 am and were gone by 8.15, very efficient! I even offered them a cuppa as it was b....y freezing despite looking sunny. But they wanted to get off..

Page 6 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon