Click here to return to the home page.
Morgan Aero 8
Who's Online
1 registered (JCK), 51 Guests and 68 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Driving the Blue Ridge just south of Roanoke
Searching for somewhere scenic...
Custom made storage box for luggage rack
Southern Weather comes North
Island of Muhu in the rain
Newest Topics
Amilcar Hispano 12Litre V8
by +8Rich
20/06/19 10:39 PM
Coating overidders black?
by dmh
20/06/19 08:02 PM
David Gilmour Guitar Auction
by MJF
20/06/19 07:37 PM
Donkervoort D8 GTO-RS
by Gambalunga
20/06/19 05:59 PM
squeaking on bulkhead area
by PhilRoyle
20/06/19 04:19 PM
Plus 4GDI first MOT
by DaveW
20/06/19 12:33 PM
Tribute to the DC3
by Graham, G4FUJ
20/06/19 10:32 AM
Newest Members
PaulyG, René, Bodensee-Mog, Pip, jakexj9000
6556 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,556 Registered Members
33 Forums
35,410 Topics
571,416 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
JMc, Julian BB, kevinh, topdown
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#546715 - 06/12/18 01:20 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: meabh]
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: The frozen North
Richard,
I remember years ago fitting a suppressor to one of my cars because the radio would not work without it . They should have the cars made today with the same pre-system for phones if the engine is going the phone refuses to work, its easy to stop in a lay by or car park . Its not rocket science and will save lives. Of course you will never get rid of the idiots who park on m way hard shoulders etc but it will cut it down .

Originally Posted By meabh
Jack,
I think there is a general lack of awareness. Misty mornings or dusk, silver/grey cars with no lights. Dark tree lined roads with the sun behind and again no lights.
Here in France one has the additional problem of cars approaching at night with only one headlamp working which so often suggests a motorcycle. We often wonder why it is that our local cops don't seem interested.

#546723 - 06/12/18 02:25 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
+8Rich Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Devonshire
Originally Posted By Jack The Lad
Richard,
I remember years ago fitting a suppressor to one of my cars because the radio would not work without it . They should have the cars made today with the same pre-system for phones if the engine is going the phone refuses to work, its easy to stop in a lay by or car park . Its not rocket science and will save lives. Of course you will never get rid of the idiots who park on m way hard shoulders etc but it will cut it down .

I remember doing that too John, I like the idea of the phone cutting out when the engine starts up provided you are the driver and not a passenger, it should be easy enough with Bluetooth to recognise the drivers phone and shut it down or maybe call the police itself laugh2

1999 Indigo Blue +8
2009 4/4 Sport Green
1994 Connaught Green +8

#546726 - 06/12/18 02:36 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Stringers Best Mate]
CooperMan Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Yorkshire
Originally Posted By Stringers Best Mate
Ah, the benefits of LED headlights.. But no auto rears on the bimmer either.

The Roadster has DRL LED's around the circular headlight, but also has rears too, meaning grey days are covered. Not entirely sure if that's an MMC thing, or a previous owner, but it's nice to have.

The latest Roadsters have DRL's front & rear, that are active as soon as ignition is turned on, I assume it's because the control boxes are US sourced (Ford)

#546731 - 06/12/18 03:16 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Stringers Best Mate]
Richard Wood Online   NoMood
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Loc: East Harling, Norfolk UK
Originally Posted By Stringers Best Mate
Ah, the benefits of LED headlights.. But no auto rears on the bimmer either.

The Roadster has DRL LED's around the circular headlight, but also has rears too, meaning grey days are covered. Not entirely sure if that's an MMC thing, or a previous owner, but it's nice to have.

My Roadster collected just over 3 months ago had no DRL's, although as Jon suggests the sidelights front and rear came on with ignition. Even then the front ones were just paltry 5 watt bayonet filament bulbs. Have since fitted the popular ARV6 style DRL's with 12 LED sources in smiley format.

2018 Roadster - Red/Magnolia - "Morton"
1967 Land Rover series 2a SWB
1960 Velocette Venom

#546733 - 06/12/18 03:25 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: +8Rich]
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: The frozen North
Richard. I think there are so many liars in society today that the only way for a phone only to work is if the engine is switched off. Its not heart breaking to stop we all do it for a pee . Why can we not make it licence removed for 10 year if caught and a 1000/- fine .

A best mate lost his young daughter due to bad driver so it eats at me .

s
Originally Posted By +8Rich
Originally Posted By Jack The Lad
Richard,

I remember doing that too John, I like the idea of the phone cutting out when the engine starts up provided you are the driver and not a passenger, it should be easy enough with Bluetooth to recognise the drivers phone and shut it down or maybe call the police itself laugh2

#546852 - 07/12/18 01:03 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
NickCW Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Buckinghamshire
Totally agree if it is not hands-free but most modern cars have bluetooth so calls can be made hands-free, would very hard to distinguish between the two and shut one down.

I also imagine there is no profit to be made and therefore no incentive.

"What we do in life.. echoes in eternity."

#546856 - 07/12/18 01:37 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
SFG Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: South Oxfordshire
Can it be done by shrouding the car with a faraday cage? Works with lightning.
Provide a trailing cable that won't reach the drivers seat without having your head on the seat. Popular in Essex, that would be.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon