Click here to return to the home page.
Morgan Aero 8
Who's Online
20 registered (Chunky4/4Racer, Burgundymog, David_E, Michael H, Graham, G4FUJ, Amrum, Sir Percival, DJC, mise303, +8Rich, mph, Alan Patterson, BobJ, dmh, recycled-teenager, sbarracl, DaveW, Malcolm T, John Winn, HJP), 88 Guests and 13 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Plus 4 in autumnal evening sun
Cuthbert's BMW Trike
Pic to go with thread on GDI oil breather
Morgans on parade in the the NZ summer
QE 2....not quite!!!
Newest Topics
Holden Morgan
by Chilliblu
18/12/18 05:52 PM
Have a great Christmas 2018 everybody.
by DaveW
18/12/18 01:51 PM
XMAS PRESENT FOR THE URBAN MORGAN OWNER
by KEVFITZ
18/12/18 01:16 PM
Good Bye V8...Hello "Something"
by Peter J
18/12/18 12:21 PM
KING PIN GREASE
by Steve19
18/12/18 10:27 AM
Fuel caps
by Culminator
18/12/18 09:38 AM
Brushed aluminum ?
by osten
18/12/18 09:18 AM
Newest Members
gary sartor, Bonesie, Ben, jejemel, jk-sky
6307 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,307 Registered Members
33 Forums
33,758 Topics
538,038 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
Jack81, Mmartin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#546674 - 06/12/18 09:51 AM Come on Lady's wake up .
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: The frozen North
No I am not sexist . swmbo and I went shopping at a Durham s/market and popped into a pub for tea. It was dark raining slightly along with a light dull foggy mist . As we came down the hill into Durham city its rush hour roads packed . I spotted a small van going up the hill the other way , not a light on front or rear and a lady at the wheel redcard Did the shopping then into the pub for food ( a nice plateful ) Set off home another way out of Durham , only a few hundred yards from start and while looking in my rear mirror I spot a small car behind me ,up my back lady driver and no lights on . I flick 4 indicators switch , a few more yards and again , still nothing and again WOW she wakes up and puts her lights on . But not a flash to say thanks. Over the last few years I have noticed the quality of driving up here has sunk drastically . Also spotted a good few cars with dint's in any place its not a dodgem car or a weapon . Good manners on the road makes it a safer and more pleasurable journey but its fading away . I feel its time the government had a 5 or 10 year top up on drivers to keep them on there toes . Also its another money in the bank for the government if it saves one life then its worth it .

#546675 - 06/12/18 10:00 AM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
meabh Offline

Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Loc: southwest France
Jack,
I think there is a general lack of awareness. Misty mornings or dusk, silver/grey cars with no lights. Dark tree lined roads with the sun behind and again no lights.
Here in France one has the additional problem of cars approaching at night with only one headlamp working which so often suggests a motorcycle. We often wonder why it is that our local cops don't seem interested.

#546676 - 06/12/18 10:06 AM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
+8Rich Online   content

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Devon UK
John, we have similar behaviour down here and the one eyed monster as Ian seems to find, the worst are the young women on their damn phones though normally with a car full of rugrats. We have no police force to talk of so no enforcement.

#546678 - 06/12/18 10:18 AM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
Neptune Offline

Just Getting Started

Part of the lights problem is the automatic setting. Most people leave their headlights in the automatic setting assuming the car will do everything for them and fail to understand that in that setting the lights invariably won’t switch on in fog or similar conditions. As Morgan drivers we are used to cars needing our input!
Don’t get me started on side lights when headlights should be used.

#546683 - 06/12/18 10:47 AM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
SFG Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: South Oxfordshire
I'm not sure the little wing sidelights achieve anything, other than as parking lights, as decoration, and to cover up corrosion caused by the bracket underneath. I suppose they're good enough reasons to have them, but surely not for driving?

#546685 - 06/12/18 11:07 AM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
Alistair Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Charter Member

Loc: Hampshire
Worse, most modern cars with daytime running lights don't have rear running lights. When the auto-lamps don't turn on then there is nothing on the back of the car at all.

#546687 - 06/12/18 11:12 AM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Neptune]
DaveW Online   content
Roadster Guru

Loc: South Yorkshire
Originally Posted By Neptune
Part of the lights problem is the automatic setting. Most people leave their headlights in the automatic setting assuming the car will do everything for them and fail to understand that in that setting the lights invariably won’t switch on in fog or similar conditions. As Morgan drivers we are used to cars needing our input!
Don’t get me started on side lights when headlights should be used.

Interestingly our Polo GTI doesn't have the auto light function, which surprised me.
The other modern tweaks on some cars is that putting sidelights on doesn't light the panel lights, which is an incentive to go full lights.
Our Golf just pleases itself. It has auto lights, but the panel lights come and go seemingly at random.

#546691 - 06/12/18 11:31 AM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
+8Rich Online   content

Loc: Devon UK
My last 2 Titanium Fiestas have had auto light function - but I soon switched it to manual as I couldn't keep up with changing headlight bulbs it was crazy the garages must love them.

Heathers Polo GTI is manual lighting.

#546707 - 06/12/18 01:06 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: Jack The Lad]
Stringers Best Mate Offline

Talk Morgan Sage

Loc: Northamptonshire UK
Ah, the benefits of LED headlights.. But no auto rears on the bimmer either.

The Roadster has DRL LED's around the circular headlight, but also has rears too, meaning grey days are covered. Not entirely sure if that's an MMC thing, or a previous owner, but it's nice to have.

#546713 - 06/12/18 01:17 PM Re: Come on Lady's wake up . [Re: SFG]
lowebird Offline
Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: norfolk, UK
Originally Posted By SFG
I'm not sure the little wing sidelights achieve anything, other than as parking lights, as decoration, and to cover up corrosion caused by the bracket underneath. I suppose they're good enough reasons to have them, but surely not for driving?

I'm sure you are correct, indeed they are now not a standard fit as they don't conform to current regs. I have them just because they look nice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon