Im Carl, or Bones, Bonio or Bonesie as I have been known as forever. Im ex RAF and now running my own small one man band business. The misses is a school office manager. Originally from Leeds, we now live Nr Dorking in Surrey. Probably like most of you guys, Im really into engineering. I tinker about a lot making 'stuff' on my lathe etc in my small workshop.
Both myself and my wife have been long time admirers of Morgan cars but until now have not been in the position to purchase. We have tentatively looked around the cars over at Bell and Colvill in Horsley and chatted to the very helpful guy there.
However, we simply dont want to spend the cash on a new car and would rather buy a pre-loved example. So that brings me on to some usual questions you have probably all been asked beforehand, but Im a noob, so here I am.
I will break them down in bullet points !
We are looking for a 2 seater - four wheeler.
1) Can I get a decent car with a budget of 25k ? I understand the more you pay, usually the better car you get but 25k is my upper limit. ( probably :-)
2) Are there any models or years I should specifically avoid, for example if they had specific engine trouble with one model or whatever ?
3) While im not buying the car as an investment, I do believe Morgans will hold their value well if I chose the right car at the right price?
4) Any clubs in Surrey ? Any clubs worth joining that bring benefits, price off stuff, servicing etc ?
5) We know the car will not be super comfy and expect that. How are they on longer runs ! Me and treacle have romantic notions of B&B hopping through France etc Would that smash our backs to bits at journeys end !
6) Q 5 brings me on to luggage space. I guess you guys that do long runs travel light right!
7) leg room and width room. Im 6Ft, will i struggle or is there enough leg room. Bum room, me and the wife are not racing snakes, hows the bum room !!
We are booked in for the factory tour in Feb so cant wait for that
Cheers folks. I look forward to hearing from you all