Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
2 registered (Carrotious, N22MOG), 53 Guests and 8 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
The winter M3W
SwanMog Christmas party
Finished Plus 4 Side View
Mkiss Mog +4 fourseater
Management of cooling air flow
Newest Topics
Spot lights
by Craig Jezz
18/01/19 11:23 PM
Aero Air Bag Help
by jonathan7barrow
18/01/19 08:05 PM
VDO Clock Set
by AZJowett
18/01/19 06:23 PM
ROY POW power pack gets the Roadster started ...
by dmh
18/01/19 05:57 PM
Workshop Note -Steering Damper
by DaveW
18/01/19 05:19 PM
fan knob only working on one speed
by tom+4
18/01/19 04:49 PM
S&S X-Wedge Manual Found!
by AZJowett
18/01/19 03:22 PM
Newest Members
PJS, 250swb, Mkiss, jacquesj, Dodger
6332 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,332 Registered Members
33 Forums
33,991 Topics
543,896 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
BertR
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#551868 - 05/01/19 12:08 PM Hello from just north of Stamford
HeadlessBlue Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: North of Stamford, UK
New member of the forum, first ever post on any forum and an utter technophobe....
After lusting over Morgan’s for at least 30 years (symptoms got particularly bad over last 15 years or so) I am finally getting one. Was originally going to tap into pensions in a few years to get mine, but due to family circs some funds are being passed my way as long as they go towards a Morgan, in honour of much missed younger bro.
Consequently, having looked at pictures of Morgan’s online every weekend for last 15 years, (much sighing from Lady H every Saturday and Sunday, whilst supping our morning char), already knew pretty much what I wanted. Going for 110 Plus 4, Bentley Velvet Red, Yarwood biscuit interior with walnut dash, Moto etc etc. Meeting up with Phil from AW at the factory end Feb for build view (have been for factory tours and taken Test drives over the years) and hopefully get delivery mid ish March. Somewhat excited is a bit of an understatement!!!!!
Have already met FringeMog peeps who were top notch friendly peeps, and will only be restricted on driving by a silly thing called work and v small holiday allowance.
Not a technical person so unlikely to be adding piccies I’m afraid (regularly break world interweb wherever I go eg Alexa broke over whole of Europe on Christmas Day because I got one for Lady H) but hope the clearly helpful chaps and chapesses won’t mind me asking the odd question here....eg can the headlights be changed in the future to LED style similar to those on I think the Plus 8? Also are there any nice drives in this area that take about 2-4 hours that are recommended....
Thank you in advance and apologies for any who cannot reply because I’ve somehow managed to remotely break their computer by sending nanobots...
HB

#551873 - 05/01/19 12:31 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Richard Wood Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: East Harling, Norfolk UK
Hi HB and welcome to the forum. Ironically I have on order a pair of full LED headlamps for my Roadster from PowerfulUK to provide DRL's as well.

Although sold as LR Defender retro-fit, research suggests they will be fine on Roadster subject to no complaints from electronics, although current draw not so far removed from standard halogen lights. Purchase made on sale or return basis anyway.

2018 Roadster - Red/Magnolia - "Morton"
1967 Land Rover series 2a SWB
1960 Velocette Venom

#551881 - 05/01/19 01:06 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
Welcome to TM.
Phil at AW is a lovely chap.
Worth looking up the B6047 from Melton Mowbray to Market Harborough together with the Tilton on the Hill to Oakham toad (Tilton is on the 6047).
Make sure you plan in a coffee stop somewhere with decent cake to keep Lady H happy.

Wishing you many happy and safe miles in your new pride and joy.
Disco 4
Teddy - 17h1 Irish Draught cross

#551882 - 05/01/19 01:08 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog
Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Salisbury, UK
Hi there...HB.
Your choice sounds wonderful!

As to the headlights Morgan can put the LED headlights as used on the Plus 8 on your new car, they are a BIG improvement, but relatively costly.

Cheers,

Peter

#551893 - 05/01/19 01:56 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: HeadlessBlue]
PhilRoyle Offline

Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Loc: Derby
Welcome - and enjoy the build up as well as the car when you get it.

#551895 - 05/01/19 02:04 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: HeadlessBlue]
HeadlessBlue Offline
Just Getting Started

Hi all
Firstly I have sense of relief that I haven’t broken TM yet. Lady H doesn’t believe me...
Secondly, many thanks for your kind replies. I shall defo talk to Phil at some stage re the headlight ideas and we have now planned a different route home when we pick it up (via Market Harborough/Tilton instead of A421/A1 roadworks).
Am hopeful of using FMT (Florence Milano Troy - full name, won’t bore with reasons at this early stage) to get to Silverstone in July depending on storage and places like Cornwall and west coast of Scotland (not all at once). Ultimate dream is to drive a Morgan round Lake Como (visit every year) and elsewhere in Italy tho this may have to wait til retirement....
Will work on brevity the more I post as well 😇 ....
Kind regards
HB

#551897 - 05/01/19 02:13 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Just done a quick search on Motorail to Italy and it looks like they are not running in 2019 - worth some research though as fiends of ours have taken their Morgan to Sicily using the train to get to Verona. Cuts down on the driving if you are short of time.

When you mention storage - do you mean luggage? If so, we have so far managed trips of up to 19 days in our 4/4 using the luggage rack. swmbo grumbles a bit but you soon develop a method of packing that works for you.
Disco 4

#551898 - 05/01/19 02:30 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: Paul F]
HeadlessBlue Offline
Just Getting Started

Thanks Paul- the motorail idea is a properly great one- genuinely hadn’t thought of that option. Ruddy heck, now my brain is in overdrive and FMT hasn’t even arrived yet. Continuing that theme it looks like Düsseldorf to Innsbruck is a possibility (amongst others) and then driving through Brenner Pass to Italy, which, having seen it from a train a few times, would be spectacular beyond belief. Summat for me and Lady H to think about...
Regarding storage, we are getting the luggage rack over the spare wheel, and understand the idea of having bags behind the seats. If, say, you were visiting a decent hotel requiring smarter clothes/suits do you end up pre booking an iron to use on arrival??? So many questions, so little time, but will try and pace myself to keep heart rate down....
Ciao and thanks
HB

#551902 - 05/01/19 02:57 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog
Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Cheltenham, Glos. UK
Welcome to TM.
Many happy (s)miles in your new +4 when you get it (her?) smile

D8921 L44FOR '93 4/4 Giallo Fly 2 seat smile
'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#551907 - 05/01/19 03:03 PM Re: Hello from just north of Stamford [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

No need for an iron. Just get 4 of these (we have 4 different colours so it is easy to see whose is whose). Available from Amazon and sometimes at car events (bought the first 2 at the Donington Historic.

Edited by Paul F (05/01/19 03:04 PM)
Disco 4

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon