Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
22 registered (Craig Jezz, Plus44Seater, Sir Percival, HeadlessBlue, +8Rich, vittorio, Fuel.inj, deano, Ray, lloydie99, tom+4, John V6, jong, Burgundymog, petemog, M3W55, mph, pete757, Taffmog, Hamwich, teifistar, Snowden), 96 Guests and 19 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
The winter M3W
SwanMog Christmas party
Finished Plus 4 Side View
Mkiss Mog +4 fourseater
Management of cooling air flow
Newest Topics
Windsor Davies RIP
by +8Rich
19/01/19 04:11 PM
Different
by Craig Jezz
19/01/19 03:48 PM
Solar car charger
by John V6
19/01/19 02:15 PM
How do you cope with the wait
by HeadlessBlue
19/01/19 01:29 PM
FIrst to shout NIMBY wins..
by Alistair
19/01/19 01:22 PM
My Morgan story so far
by Fat Wolfie
19/01/19 11:18 AM
fancy a cheap foreign holiday home?
by howard
19/01/19 09:05 AM
Newest Members
PJS, 250swb, Mkiss, jacquesj, Dodger
6332 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,332 Registered Members
33 Forums
33,998 Topics
544,044 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
BertR
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#552013 - 05/01/19 10:35 PM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: ewn]
BobtheTrain Offline

Part of the Furniture

Loc: Renfrewshire
Originally Posted By ewn
I know I shouldn’t, but when I see crap stuck to a windscreen, I think, crap driver and/or moron, engage evasive manoeuvres.

Very much depends on where on the windscreen. Unless it's fluffy dice.

#552037 - 06/01/19 07:51 AM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: madmax]
Alan Patterson Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Kent
I wished I had one fitted a couple of days ago when some idiot decided to overtake me by going the wrong side of two traffic islands then cut in front to make a left turn. I would certainly have submitted the footage to Plod.
2016 Plus 4 GDi - Mazda Soul Red Metallic

#552040 - 06/01/19 08:31 AM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: madmax]
N22MOG Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Edenbridge, Kent, UK
A couple of years ago I witnessed a bloke with a death wish repeatedly overtaking on the wrong side of the road, almost forcing oncoming drivers off the road (the looks of terror on their faces showed how scared they were). I phoned the police with the details because I was concerned that his, or some innocent driver coming the other way, luck would run out. The police said that there was nothing they could do without video evidence!

1996 Plus 8

#552042 - 06/01/19 08:42 AM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: madmax]
Fox Terrier Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Luton, Bedfordshire
Two years ago a work colleague lost a leg (that’s the whole leg) in a horrific accident whilst out on his Harley Davidson. How he survived is a miracle. It was commonly assumed that the car coming the other way that hit him had simply lost control through bad driving. When the dash-cam footage became available however, it turned out that his (former) best mate who was with him on another bike had ridden recklessly causing the car to lose control having to take avoiding action.

#552043 - 06/01/19 08:44 AM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: ewn]
N22MOG Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Edenbridge, Kent, UK
Originally Posted By ewn
I know I shouldn’t, but when I see crap stuck to a windscreen, I think, crap driver and/or moron, engage evasive manoeuvres.

Why so ewn? Why does a satnav or camera make a crap driver or moron? (as long as they’re not right in front of the drivers vision of course).
Personallly I hate to see beads/smell diffusers/babies shoes/lucky charms etc hanging from the rear view mirror as they sway around and must be more distracting.

1996 Plus 8

#552067 - 06/01/19 10:43 AM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: N22MOG]
madmax Offline
Part of the Furniture

Loc: East Anglia
Originally Posted By N22MOG
Originally Posted By ewn

Why so ewn? Why does a satnav or camera make a crap driver or moron? (as long as they’re not right in front of the drivers vision of course).
Personallly I hate to see beads/smell diffusers/babies shoes/lucky charms etc hanging from the rear view mirror as they sway around and must be more distracting.

So should we all get a dash cam , they are around £25 on amazon !

#552070 - 06/01/19 11:23 AM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: madmax]
Alistair Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Charter Member

Loc: Hampshire
I use one most of the time in the Morgan, when people see it they tend to lose focus and can wander off the path or course a bit. Even with the foghorn exhausts as early warning. I also use it when parked (some offer movement triggers) in multi-stories after some donkey hit it.

#552077 - 06/01/19 11:40 AM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: N22MOG]
ewn Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: NE Scotland
Originally Posted By N22MOG
Originally Posted By ewn

Even I know it’s a stupid assumption, but it’s probably directly related to how visible the devices are, as to how poor the driving will be. So you’re right, it’s not the devices as such, if they’re inconspicuous then I won’t be able to make an irrational opinion about the driver.
The dashcams do serve a useful purpose, but not if the driver is more interested in other people’s actions than their own. YouTube clips are quite addictive, but I often think the guy with the dash cam is worse than the other motorist who has has simply misjudged and could do with an accommodating reaction from the filmer , rather than deliberately trying to inflame a situation.

Satnavs aglow, visible from a mile behind on a main road, I don’t understand either. If they have fifty miles to go, why not turn the thing off, look out the windscreen and pay attention to what’s going on around you.

Please also remember, this is only the internet and I’m only an idiot having a cup of coffee, My opinion isn’t gospel and I’m likely to change it at the drop of a hat anyway.
So don’t worry, I generally like to think the best of everyone I meet until proven otherwise.

#552090 - 06/01/19 12:37 PM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: ewn]
BobtheTrain Offline

Part of the Furniture

Loc: Renfrewshire
Originally Posted By ewn
Satnavs aglow, visible from a mile behind on a main road, I don’t understand either. If they have fifty miles to go, why not turn the thing off, look out the windscreen and pay attention to what’s going on around you.

They usually turn the screen off after a minute. It is still an offence similar to a mobile phone otherwise.

#552117 - 06/01/19 01:41 PM Re: Poor driving dashcam footage [Re: ewn]
howard Offline
Part of the Furniture

Originally Posted By ewn
[quote=N22MOG]
Please also remember, this is only the internet and I’m only an idiot having a cup of coffee, My opinion isn’t gospel and I’m likely to change it at the drop of a hat anyway.
So don’t worry, I generally like to think the best of everyone I meet until proven otherwise.

That applies to us all - but not all of us realise it!

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon