Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
22 registered (Chunky4/4Racer, tom+4, stantheman, Malcolm Hoar, Ray, Burgundymog, Taffmog, Old man, DougieG, Craig Jezz, andymot, HeadlessBlue, John V6, bmgermany, Richard Wood, M3W55, jonathan7barrow, BobtheTrain, deano, srapendle, KennethM, Graham, G4FUJ), 94 Guests and 21 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
The winter M3W
SwanMog Christmas party
Finished Plus 4 Side View
Mkiss Mog +4 fourseater
Management of cooling air flow
Newest Topics
Windsor Davies RIP
by +8Rich
19/01/19 04:11 PM
Different
by Craig Jezz
19/01/19 03:48 PM
Solar car charger
by John V6
19/01/19 02:15 PM
How do you cope with the wait
by HeadlessBlue
19/01/19 01:29 PM
FIrst to shout NIMBY wins..
by Alistair
19/01/19 01:22 PM
My Morgan story so far
by Fat Wolfie
19/01/19 11:18 AM
fancy a cheap foreign holiday home?
by howard
19/01/19 09:05 AM
Newest Members
PJS, 250swb, Mkiss, jacquesj, Dodger
6332 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,332 Registered Members
33 Forums
33,998 Topics
544,035 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
BertR
Page 64 of 79 < 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 78 79 >
Topic Options
#552964 - 10/01/19 11:16 AM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: John V6]
+8Rich Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: UK
Originally Posted By John V6

And here is the source of said beer in Southwold. A lovely place to visit.

Far more fun than this Brexit BS

Great shots John and happy memories for me funnily enough pre Common market days for me thumbs.

#552972 - 10/01/19 11:52 AM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: +8Rich]
pandy Offline

Talk Morgan Sage

Loc: West Paris, France
Here's another shot of the brewery, this time with my sporty 2 seater parked in front of it.

#552974 - 10/01/19 11:54 AM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: pandy]
+8Rich Offline

Originally Posted By pandy
Here's another shot of the brewery, this time with my sporty 2 seater parked in front of it.

Priceless, it's full of Adnams finest cheers

#552988 - 10/01/19 12:59 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Moggo]
IvorMog Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Staffordshire
My final post on this issue. (Probably)

Firstly, In business and life, I have always had a Mantra that things will never be quite as bad or as good at it might seem.
I always treat good news and bad news with equality and can usually find fault with all arguments.

Secondly, IMHO, the UK has always been a great Nation and will continue to be so.
However it will go through Economic and Sociopolitical cycles like every other Nation. Whether it's the French Revolutions in the mid 19th century, the upheaval in Germany in the 1930's or the demise of the Celtic Tiger just 10 years ago.

These are not one off catastrophes but part of a normal cycle of re-adjustment that have always happened and will continue to happen.

Whatever happens with Brexit, it will, in ten or fifty or a hundred years be seen by future generations as simply part of our history.

There may indeed be a lot of pain to come in the near future but sooner or later stability will be restored and the UK will again find it's rightful place in the World Order.

It won't be the glory days of the Empire but nor will it be a descent into 3rd world poverty as some seem to be predicting.

Remember also that we cannot be very far away from a change at the head of our Monarchy and that will also affect sentiment in the country and I suspect throughout the Commonwealth.

So fasten your seatbelt and get ready for a bumpy ride but Normal Service will be resumed, sooner or later.
drive

1999 4/4 1.8 Zetec Silvertop

#553093 - 10/01/19 07:22 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: IvorMog]
OZ 4/4 Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Australia - NSW Mid North Coas...
Originally Posted By IvorMog
My final post on this issue. (Probably)

Firstly, In business and life, I have always had a Mantra that things will never be quite as bad or as good at it might seem.
I always treat good news and bad news with equality and can usually find fault with all arguments.

Secondly, IMHO, the UK has always been a great Nation and will continue to be so.
However it will go through Economic and Sociopolitical cycles like every other Nation. Whether it's the French Revolutions in the mid 19th century, the upheaval in Germany in the 1930's or the demise of the Celtic Tiger just 10 years ago.

These are not one off catastrophes but part of a normal cycle of re-adjustment that have always happened and will continue to happen.

Whatever happens with Brexit, it will, in ten or fifty or a hundred years be seen by future generations as simply part of our history.

There may indeed be a lot of pain to come in the near future but sooner or later stability will be restored and the UK will again find it's rightful place in the World Order.

It won't be the glory days of the Empire but nor will it be a descent into 3rd world poverty as some seem to be predicting.

Remember also that we cannot be very far away from a change at the head of our Monarchy and that will also affect sentiment in the country and I suspect throughout the Commonwealth.

So fasten your seatbelt and get ready for a bumpy ride but Normal Service will be resumed, sooner or later.
drive

Good post Bob, good perspective...

#553304 - 11/01/19 08:00 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Moggo]
milligoon Offline
Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Dorset, UK
Just watching Top of the Pops on BBC4

Currently playing is Genesis "Land of Confusion"

Suitable anthem for these times.

Especially with the Spitting Image video

#553309 - 11/01/19 08:18 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Moggo]
+8Rich Offline

It could have been worse the doom merchants on here would have us believe that Barry McGuire was right grin2 Give it 10 years and everyone will want to know what all the fuss was about - we joined and we left we all know people that have divorced don't we..

#553422 - 12/01/19 12:01 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: milligoon]
lowebird Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: norfolk, UK
Originally Posted By milligoon
Just watching Top of the Pops on BBC4

Currently playing is Genesis "Land of Confusion"

Suitable anthem for these times.

Especially with the Spitting Image video

I was also watching that program, what about the hair do's that Status Quo were sporting! Did we really look like that?

#553437 - 12/01/19 12:47 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Moggo]
Hamwich Offline

Talk Morgan Sage

Loc: Gloucestershire, UK
Just backing up my analysis of Brexit being engineered by a shady few as a money-making exercise, I see in the Times today that some of them are actually admitting it now, and are shifting their focus to the UK remaining in the UK:

Originally Posted By The Times

Leading Conservative donors who spent millions on the Brexit campaign say they now believe that Britain may never leave the European Union at all.

Crispin Odey, a hedge fund manager who has given more than £870,000 to pro-Leave groups, revealed yesterday that he was betting on the pound to strengthen after Brexit failed.

“My view is that it ain’t going to happen,” Mr Odey said. “I just can’t see how it happens with that configuration of parliament.”

So much for it all being driven by principles...

#553457 - 12/01/19 03:58 PM Re: What does a "No Deal Brexit" look like? [Re: Moggo]
lowebird Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: norfolk, UK
As this whole thing ( IMHO ) is now a binary argument, that is yes/no, in/out, black/white etc, I hope you will excuse the old hippy in me coming out and allow me to quote Neil Young thus:

"You who rule upon the land
You hold the future in your hand
When you take your people down the road
Do it in the name of love" love hippy

Page 64 of 79 < 1 2 62 63 64 65 66 78 79 >

Moderator:  Simon