Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
6 registered (Tim W, tnj, kar120c, IcePack, marshalben, planenut), 98 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
One for KEVIN
More recent pics...
pic of car as suggested in welcome forum
Ford GDI engine for sale
Today at Rattray Head
Newest Topics
Paint code, Saxe blue
by ewn
17/02/19 11:15 PM
Squeaky Spring Hanger
by IcePack
17/02/19 11:00 PM
Which order, wipers
by ewn
17/02/19 10:54 PM
Striking colour
by +8Rich
17/02/19 10:46 PM
Spare tyres.
by PaulJ
17/02/19 07:48 PM
Wooden floor preservative
by griffo
17/02/19 05:13 PM
Wing Mirror Glass
by Eurosystem0
17/02/19 05:10 PM
Newest Members
Lindsay B, Reckless, nate22, Mike3W, Dutchie55
6364 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,364 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,242 Topics
549,819 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
EL77
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#554835 - 19/01/19 08:42 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Esprit]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Loc: North of Stamford, UK
Poor poor esprit!!!! 😔
I hope it hasn’t left a nasty rash? Is there a medicinal compound that would prove effacacious (if that’s how it’s spelt) or a tablet that can be taken? Does sound incurable. You have my sympathies. I hope you are not in too much pain.
With best wishes for the future
HB

#554842 - 19/01/19 09:08 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Ray Offline

Part of the Furniture

Loc: Llanelli
Boys don't forget your getting the worlds greatest man TOY.this is a life changing time in your life, embrace it and enjoy every second. You can.

Edited by Ray (19/01/19 09:29 PM)

#554843 - 19/01/19 09:09 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
One more tip - you could spend some time planning the 20-40 mile routes you will use to get to the shops that are less than 2 miles from where you live. You will also need such routes to dry the car off properly after washing it. And for road tests to prove each new modification or addition.

Edited by Paul F (19/01/19 09:09 PM)
Edit Reason: Speller
Disco 4
Teddy - 17h1 Irish Draught cross

#554849 - 19/01/19 09:46 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
cerealsurfer Offline
Talk Morgan Expert

Originally Posted By HeadlessBlue
Once you’ve ordered your first Morgan how do you cope with the wait????? Having waited (I may have said this before) for about 28 years, my build start date is Week 6.
Factory visit booked for 28th February with possible collection 15th March all being well. The edginess is affecting my working days. The edginess means I spend more time than is healthy looking at anything Morgan related (eg Dave W book, all Forum threads (so far up to page 31/721 “so have you taken...” and up page 4 of the Videos threads)). I’ve now got a ‘at to keep my ears warm when she arrives (thanks to Lady H’s mater and pater). I’ve even made a start clearing sufficient space in the garage to store her. Please advise what is recommended to pass the hours. Or should I be having regular meetings with a psychiatrist? Lady H I believe is fed up with looking across at me when we’ve got back from work and seeing me ignoring the telly, asking me a question and getting nothing more than a teenage style grunt in return coz I’ve got something important in hand such catching up with “Monday humour”. How do I get my life back? Who bleedin’ invented Dry January by the way? Ruddy stupid idea when you have the stress of waiting to cope with.
🤮
HB

This might help stave off Morgan withdrawal symptoms - a blog of my own journey and Morgan addiction.

http://www.talkmorgan.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/78408/1/Changing_Classes_and_Engine_al

#554861 - 19/01/19 11:56 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Heinz Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: Cologne, Germany
cerealsurfer, that was one of the most exiting threads here on TM. I read every post and watched all the pics. And it was so exciting to experience all of your successes and setbacks.

HeadlessBlue, I can confirm, as suggested here, that it's a good thing to bring your wife on board (Morgan appropriate clothes, restaurant visits, perhaps a factory tour together with her? etc.)
Then she will also develop more anticipation and your impatience will be better understood or even shared by her.

I think it could be a good idea, if you have time to build your new Morgan in parallel to the factory who build yours... As Peter J. is (was) currently doing.

Have a look here.
http://www.talkmorgan.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/554331/1

And if you can't take it anymore, distract yourself, cook for your family who will be happy, go to the cinema or drink a good bottle of wine...which is better than morphine or other medicine.
I am also a psychologist but not a clinically therapeutic one. The colleagues psychiatrists have been very impressed by the rare but extremely strong development of Morganitius when I brought it up at one of our frequent meetings.

And together we have discussed this clinical syndrome extremely intensively. I raised it to the top of our agenda. And all psychiatrists immediately agreed that in this serious case all other topics had to be put back. Unfortunately, they have never been able to show a successful treatment. They told me that confidentially.

But that is perhaps the deep secret, nobody can really help you. This is a sign of the authenticity of a Morgan and also a sign that your life will change significantly.

#554862 - 20/01/19 03:34 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: andymot]
OZ 4/4 Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Australia - NSW Mid North Coas...
Originally Posted By andymot
You have been struck down with Morganitius for which there is no known cure. Your best option to spend as much time as possible with other sufferers in the hope you come to view the condition as perfectly normal. For that is what it is - perfectly normal!

Search U tube for Morgan videos and ebay for morgan books. Wander round Halfords for hours looking at car care products. Study Morgan dealer websites and prices.

Getting others in your family to accept it is another question that I know not the answer. Some attention paid to Mrs H may well be a good idea to gain bonus points once the car actually arrives! But alas the wait will be over one day...….

Better buy the T Shirt.....
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Morgan-Plus-8-classic-car-t-shirt-morganitis-definition-/222911684839

Morgan Evolution....

#554876 - 20/01/19 08:50 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Loc: North of Stamford, UK
You lot make I laugh a great deal. Thank you all!
Heinz- I thought my continental cousins at least would be less inflicted due to the distance but, no, clearly not.
I guess I will just have to start the “short” journey planning (the trip back home on collection has so far moved from 1 hour to nearly 3 with careful use of Bing, spring and summer hols booked to Wales and Cornwall instead of Italy and skiing hol sacrificed) and the T shirt is on order 🤣🤮🚗
Help me, Obi-Wan, you’re my only hope....
HB

#554895 - 20/01/19 09:39 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: West Yorkshire
Morning HB.

Yes, the whole experience of the Morgan so far is as good as - no , better than- expected. I just wish the weather would improve so they’d stop salting the roads!

It was a bit emotional writing on the car, definitely bittersweet...the sad thing is my dad passed 6 months before I retired so we didn’t get as much time to do car and bike stuff together as I’d hoped. He’d have loved the car and factory visit..

I think the plaque idea you have is very cool .

Have a good day!

#554897 - 20/01/19 09:46 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
OZ 4/4 Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Australia - NSW Mid North Coas...
Originally Posted By HeadlessBlue
You lot make I laugh a great deal. Thank you all!
Heinz- I thought my continental cousins at least would be less inflicted due to the distance but, no, clearly not.
I guess I will just have to start the “short” journey planning (the trip back home on collection has so far moved from 1 hour to nearly 3 with careful use of Bing, spring and summer hols booked to Wales and Cornwall instead of Italy and skiing hol sacrificed) and the T shirt is on order 🤣🤮🚗
Help me, Obi-Wan, you’re my only hope....
HB

Can't go home without one..... woohoo

#554962 - 20/01/19 02:14 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
IvorMog Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Staffordshire
There is one person on TM who was afflicted but seems to have cured himself judging by his posts of the last year or so.

He might be prepared to share his cure with us but I will not mention any names.

1999 4/4 1.8 Zetec

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon