Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
5 registered (planenut, Mogdavid, Alistair, aerotaff, +8Rich), 89 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
One for KEVIN
More recent pics...
pic of car as suggested in welcome forum
Ford GDI engine for sale
Today at Rattray Head
Newest Topics
Paint code, Saxe blue
by ewn
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
Squeaky Spring Hanger
by IcePack
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Which order, wipers
by ewn
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Striking colour
by +8Rich
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Spare tyres.
by PaulJ
Yesterday at 07:48 PM
Wooden floor preservative
by griffo
Yesterday at 05:13 PM
Wing Mirror Glass
by Eurosystem0
Yesterday at 05:10 PM
Newest Members
Lindsay B, Reckless, nate22, Mike3W, Dutchie55
6364 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,364 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,242 Topics
549,819 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
EL77
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#554714 - 19/01/19 01:29 PM How do you cope with the wait
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Loc: North of Stamford, UK
Once you’ve ordered your first Morgan how do you cope with the wait????? Having waited (I may have said this before) for about 28 years, my build start date is Week 6.
Factory visit booked for 28th February with possible collection 15th March all being well. The edginess is affecting my working days. The edginess means I spend more time than is healthy looking at anything Morgan related (eg Dave W book, all Forum threads (so far up to page 31/721 “so have you taken...” and up page 4 of the Videos threads)). I’ve now got a ‘at to keep my ears warm when she arrives (thanks to Lady H’s mater and pater). I’ve even made a start clearing sufficient space in the garage to store her. Please advise what is recommended to pass the hours. Or should I be having regular meetings with a psychiatrist? Lady H I believe is fed up with looking across at me when we’ve got back from work and seeing me ignoring the telly, asking me a question and getting nothing more than a teenage style grunt in return coz I’ve got something important in hand such catching up with “Monday humour”. How do I get my life back? Who bleedin’ invented Dry January by the way? Ruddy stupid idea when you have the stress of waiting to cope with.
🤮
HB

#554719 - 19/01/19 01:43 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
andymot Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: East Sussex, ENGLAND
You have been struck down with Morganitius for which there is no known cure. Your best option to spend as much time as possible with other sufferers in the hope you come to view the condition as perfectly normal. For that is what it is - perfectly normal!

Search U tube for Morgan videos and ebay for morgan books. Wander round Halfords for hours looking at car care products. Study Morgan dealer websites and prices.

Getting others in your family to accept it is another question that I know not the answer. Some attention paid to Mrs H may well be a good idea to gain bonus points once the car actually arrives! But alas the wait will be over one day...….

#554723 - 19/01/19 01:52 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: andymot]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

No andymot, you haven’t helped. But a v game attempt nonetheless. Fortunately, living in the middle of nowhere we are nowhere near Halfords otherwise I would have needed an extension built to store all the cleaning things I MUST have NOW. Thank you however for your support and guidance. Clearly someone who has gone through a similar burden. How do I get any sympathy or understanding from Lady H to my plight?
HB

#554728 - 19/01/19 02:42 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
PhilRoyle Offline

Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Loc: Derby
Get a map, join the Morgan Sports Car Club, and start to plan some of the events and excursions to be enjoyed come delivery time. There is a great Spring and Summer ahead. Restoration Show at the NEC, Drive It Days in April, Curborough Sprint taster day 31st March - you may not want to risk it on track in the first few days of ownership - but come along & meet/ chat with others who suffer the same illness, Donington Historic - infield parking for MSCC members, Silverstone Classic, Mog 19, days out when the sun shines, picnics, scenic runs - the list is endless. I waited 14 months between ordering & collection - inc. 3 days watching the build.ENJOY
By the way SWMBO does not "get" the Morgan and rarely comes out with me - hence although the engine may be louder it is, in fact, a lot quieter than the Fiesta on most days. I take my 4/4 shopping just for the sheer pleasure of driving her.

Edited by PhilRoyle (19/01/19 02:46 PM)

#554730 - 19/01/19 02:47 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog
Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Cheltenham, Glos. UK
Posting such queries in "The Malvern Arms" rather then the Welcome Forum grin2 perhaps...
As for coping, don't know, never bought a new one. I did have a month after selling the first one off before the present one (number 3) was ready. swmbo and I went away for a week during that period...

D8921 L44FOR '93 4/4 Giallo Fly 2 seat smile
'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#554731 - 19/01/19 02:50 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: PhilRoyle]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Many thanks Phil for your time. Nope, once again my symptoms have suddenly got worse. I think I need some medication. Better check the TM site, I’m sure that’ll help. Have now started to look up the events you mention....(checks Fitbit to see what heart rate is first).
😝
HB

#554734 - 19/01/19 02:56 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Graham, G4FUJ]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Noted Graham.
Is there a way of switching it to the correct place?
HB

#554735 - 19/01/19 02:58 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
James B W Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Newcastle Upon Tyne
start to compose a list of all the mods. you want to make (and you will want to make/add mods.....)

Then it's a case of sourcing all the various bits you will need and stockpiling them for the big day.

The NEC show is also a good tip

James

#554739 - 19/01/19 03:15 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: James B W]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Thanks James. We got Alexa this year. She is making it very easy to add things to my Morgan list (only 15 entries so far). Realise I need to get used to her first though for several months before selling the house to pay for the fettling! Otherwise I won’t get any tea. Or I will be wearing it....
HB

#554742 - 19/01/19 03:37 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
There is always the task of finding the ideal clothing for driving your new P&J when it does arrive. This should include the wardrobe for Mrs HB.

Then there is the planning of your first touring holiday in the Morgan.

Otherwise, all you can do is mark the days off on a calendar and count the minutes.

Phil Royle’s advice re MSCC is spot on - get along to your local meeting and see what they have planned. You will also get the chance to look at other cars to help with planning further upgrades.
Disco 4
Teddy - 17h1 Irish Draught cross

#554752 - 19/01/19 03:46 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
lowebird Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: norfolk, UK
Just for something a little more relaxing, you could order a copy of the book "Making a Morgan" It's a great read showing the 17 day build in a blow by blow fashion. You will find it on www.velocebooks.com I think it's around £40.00

#554759 - 19/01/19 03:57 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Thanks Paul and Reg. All ideas and suggestions welcomed and taken on board. 😃
HB

#554768 - 19/01/19 04:36 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog

Originally Posted By HeadlessBlue
Noted Graham.
Is there a way of switching it to the correct place?
HB

Hi HB. One of the moderators will move the thread - if they feel it necessary - not something that happens often! smile

Reg's suggestion is good, but you may find cheaper sellers than the publishing house.
Don't wear the pages out on DaveW's book before your car arrives! laugh2

'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#554784 - 19/01/19 05:00 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Richard Wood Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: East Harling, Norfolk UK
Spend more time on this forum HB wink
It won't shorten the wait but will help soak up the time innocent

Oh and join the MSCC and attend your local branch meet for sympathy. The six months free membership you get with your new car will be added retrospectively.

2018 Roadster - Red/Magnolia - "Morton"
1967 Land Rover series 2a SWB
1960 Velocette Venom

#554787 - 19/01/19 05:14 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Graham, G4FUJ]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Cheers.
Dave’s book (going to start sounding like a ruddy stalker soon) is genuinely a really enjoyable read though. It’s not often I find I can’t put a non fiction book down! To be fair the story is well told though and has a great theme running though it 👍🤓
HB

#554792 - 19/01/19 05:40 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Stewart S Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan

Loc: Lancashire, England
It must be a tough wait

I remember when I bought my first Mog on eBay and arranged to go down on the train to Milton Keynes to pick it up

I was counting off the days and the morning going down on the train was mega exciting and especially when it turned out to be a beautiful Summers day and the seller picked me up at the station in the Mog

#554794 - 19/01/19 05:57 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: West Yorkshire
You have my sympathies HB, the waiting is intolerable.

Dave W’s book is an excellent pastime, I’m still dipping into now !

Phil Royle’s tip about joining MSCC is excellent, I regret waiting until the car was virtually here before joining.

As a member of the MSCC you get access to the members section of the website, where there are loads of electronic copies of the club magazine...they’re about 60+ pages long each, and should occupy a few hours .

As I joined late in the day, I’m still working through them but like all good drugs, they would alleviate the symptoms of the disease pending the delivery of the child..(sorry, Car!)

#554796 - 19/01/19 06:06 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Fat Wolfie]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

🤣 thanks FW. How are you getting on with yours? Loved the photos on your other thread. Did you get emotional when you wrote on the car? We are getting a small engraved plaque for ours to be under the carpet behind the seats (i think that’s where it’s going).
Hope your experience is all you hoped it would be old chap
HB

#554826 - 19/01/19 08:03 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Esprit Offline
Just Getting Started

As explained by Andymot you have been struck down with Morganitius. Having just recently taken delivery of our first Morgan I have bad news. When you finally receive your car it is almost certain you will contract a secondary condition, some times known as 'Justpoppingoutitis'. The symptoms include continually finding reasons to go out to look at the car, trying to find something to adjust that doesn't need adjusting, patting the car on the cowl, cleaning bits that don't need cleaning and similar obsessive behaviour.

#554827 - 19/01/19 08:05 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Esprit Offline
Just Getting Started

+1 for joining the MSCC. It's very sociable and there's no need to wait until the car arrives.

#554835 - 19/01/19 08:42 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Esprit]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Poor poor esprit!!!! 😔
I hope it hasn’t left a nasty rash? Is there a medicinal compound that would prove effacacious (if that’s how it’s spelt) or a tablet that can be taken? Does sound incurable. You have my sympathies. I hope you are not in too much pain.
With best wishes for the future
HB

#554842 - 19/01/19 09:08 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Ray Offline

Part of the Furniture

Loc: Llanelli
Boys don't forget your getting the worlds greatest man TOY.this is a life changing time in your life, embrace it and enjoy every second. You can.

Edited by Ray (19/01/19 09:29 PM)

#554843 - 19/01/19 09:09 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

One more tip - you could spend some time planning the 20-40 mile routes you will use to get to the shops that are less than 2 miles from where you live. You will also need such routes to dry the car off properly after washing it. And for road tests to prove each new modification or addition.

Edited by Paul F (19/01/19 09:09 PM)
Edit Reason: Speller
Disco 4

#554849 - 19/01/19 09:46 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
cerealsurfer Offline
Talk Morgan Expert

Once you’ve ordered your first Morgan how do you cope with the wait????? Having waited (I may have said this before) for about 28 years, my build start date is Week 6.
Factory visit booked for 28th February with possible collection 15th March all being well. The edginess is affecting my working days. The edginess means I spend more time than is healthy looking at anything Morgan related (eg Dave W book, all Forum threads (so far up to page 31/721 “so have you taken...” and up page 4 of the Videos threads)). I’ve now got a ‘at to keep my ears warm when she arrives (thanks to Lady H’s mater and pater). I’ve even made a start clearing sufficient space in the garage to store her. Please advise what is recommended to pass the hours. Or should I be having regular meetings with a psychiatrist? Lady H I believe is fed up with looking across at me when we’ve got back from work and seeing me ignoring the telly, asking me a question and getting nothing more than a teenage style grunt in return coz I’ve got something important in hand such catching up with “Monday humour”. How do I get my life back? Who bleedin’ invented Dry January by the way? Ruddy stupid idea when you have the stress of waiting to cope with.
🤮
HB

This might help stave off Morgan withdrawal symptoms - a blog of my own journey and Morgan addiction.

http://www.talkmorgan.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/78408/1/Changing_Classes_and_Engine_al

#554861 - 19/01/19 11:56 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Heinz Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: Cologne, Germany
cerealsurfer, that was one of the most exiting threads here on TM. I read every post and watched all the pics. And it was so exciting to experience all of your successes and setbacks.

HeadlessBlue, I can confirm, as suggested here, that it's a good thing to bring your wife on board (Morgan appropriate clothes, restaurant visits, perhaps a factory tour together with her? etc.)
Then she will also develop more anticipation and your impatience will be better understood or even shared by her.

I think it could be a good idea, if you have time to build your new Morgan in parallel to the factory who build yours... As Peter J. is (was) currently doing.

Have a look here.
http://www.talkmorgan.com/ubbthreads.php/topics/554331/1

And if you can't take it anymore, distract yourself, cook for your family who will be happy, go to the cinema or drink a good bottle of wine...which is better than morphine or other medicine.
I am also a psychologist but not a clinically therapeutic one. The colleagues psychiatrists have been very impressed by the rare but extremely strong development of Morganitius when I brought it up at one of our frequent meetings.

And together we have discussed this clinical syndrome extremely intensively. I raised it to the top of our agenda. And all psychiatrists immediately agreed that in this serious case all other topics had to be put back. Unfortunately, they have never been able to show a successful treatment. They told me that confidentially.

But that is perhaps the deep secret, nobody can really help you. This is a sign of the authenticity of a Morgan and also a sign that your life will change significantly.

#554862 - 20/01/19 03:34 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: andymot]
OZ 4/4 Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Australia - NSW Mid North Coas...
Originally Posted By andymot
You have been struck down with Morganitius for which there is no known cure. Your best option to spend as much time as possible with other sufferers in the hope you come to view the condition as perfectly normal. For that is what it is - perfectly normal!

Search U tube for Morgan videos and ebay for morgan books. Wander round Halfords for hours looking at car care products. Study Morgan dealer websites and prices.

Getting others in your family to accept it is another question that I know not the answer. Some attention paid to Mrs H may well be a good idea to gain bonus points once the car actually arrives! But alas the wait will be over one day...….

Better buy the T Shirt.....
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Morgan-Plus-8-classic-car-t-shirt-morganitis-definition-/222911684839

Morgan Evolution....

#554876 - 20/01/19 08:50 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

You lot make I laugh a great deal. Thank you all!
Heinz- I thought my continental cousins at least would be less inflicted due to the distance but, no, clearly not.
I guess I will just have to start the “short” journey planning (the trip back home on collection has so far moved from 1 hour to nearly 3 with careful use of Bing, spring and summer hols booked to Wales and Cornwall instead of Italy and skiing hol sacrificed) and the T shirt is on order 🤣🤮🚗
Help me, Obi-Wan, you’re my only hope....
HB

#554895 - 20/01/19 09:39 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

Morning HB.

Yes, the whole experience of the Morgan so far is as good as - no , better than- expected. I just wish the weather would improve so they’d stop salting the roads!

It was a bit emotional writing on the car, definitely bittersweet...the sad thing is my dad passed 6 months before I retired so we didn’t get as much time to do car and bike stuff together as I’d hoped. He’d have loved the car and factory visit..

I think the plaque idea you have is very cool .

Have a good day!

#554897 - 20/01/19 09:46 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
OZ 4/4 Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Australia - NSW Mid North Coas...
You lot make I laugh a great deal. Thank you all!
Heinz- I thought my continental cousins at least would be less inflicted due to the distance but, no, clearly not.
I guess I will just have to start the “short” journey planning (the trip back home on collection has so far moved from 1 hour to nearly 3 with careful use of Bing, spring and summer hols booked to Wales and Cornwall instead of Italy and skiing hol sacrificed) and the T shirt is on order 🤣🤮🚗
Help me, Obi-Wan, you’re my only hope....
HB

Can't go home without one..... woohoo

#554962 - 20/01/19 02:14 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
IvorMog Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Staffordshire
There is one person on TM who was afflicted but seems to have cured himself judging by his posts of the last year or so.

He might be prepared to share his cure with us but I will not mention any names.

1999 4/4 1.8 Zetec

#558465 - 07/02/19 05:13 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

I have a chassis number and the factory has confirmed that she is being built.

I think I’m going to be sick!🤮

HB

#558469 - 07/02/19 05:31 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Stewart S Offline

HB

rofl

Are you going to go to the factory?

#558471 - 07/02/19 05:40 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog

Enjoy the photos smile

'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#558472 - 07/02/19 05:42 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Stewart S]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Yep going down on the 28th- think she’ll be in the trim shop by then according to my careful (using fingers and toes) calculations.
Still gonna be sick though. Can’t remember being this excited when I got my first proper bike from Bury St Edmunds auctions in 1977 or when I got my “special” trainers with the extra thick tread that meant I could run faster than anyone else (in my head) or when I got my first skateboard with the ball bearings in the wheels etc etc etc
HB

#558482 - 07/02/19 06:02 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
KEVFITZ Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: YORK

#558487 - 07/02/19 06:10 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Graham, G4FUJ]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Thank you Graham 🤪😝😍
HB

#558490 - 07/02/19 06:14 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Graham, G4FUJ]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Ps WIBBLE
HB

#558492 - 07/02/19 06:21 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog

rofl thumbs

'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#558495 - 07/02/19 06:36 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Dean-Royal Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: UK (up north)

HB

laugh2 sick2

#558504 - 07/02/19 07:57 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Enjoy the anticipation.
Disco 4

#558549 - 07/02/19 11:57 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Paul F]
BobtheTrain Offline

Part of the Furniture

Loc: Renfrewshire
Originally Posted By Paul F
Enjoy the anticipation.

Antici...pa...tion. Courtesy of Tim Curry.

#558581 - 08/02/19 09:56 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: BobtheTrain]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Originally Posted By BobtheTrain
Enjoy the anticipation.

Antici...pa...tion. Courtesy of Tim Curry.

Excellent. Haven't seen the stage show for a few years. Must look out for it touring again. Best narrator we ever saw was Nicholas Parsons.
Disco 4

#558679 - 08/02/19 06:42 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: BobtheTrain]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Quality film and one of his best I think.

Having been sent some of the best photos in the world yesterday by a very nice man showing a certain chassis, rear axle and engine/gearbox (you know who you are) which sadly I haven’t stopped looking at for the last 24 hours (even losing sleep), I have been informed she is now a rolling chassis, which I assume means she can now be pushed into the next temple of dreams....

Woop woop woopidity doo!!! YAY
HB

#558681 - 08/02/19 07:21 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
+8Rich Online   content

Loc: Devonshire
HB your enthusiasm is infectious, brilliant - we shall be needing pictures at the earliest possible juncture smile

#558685 - 08/02/19 08:15 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: +8Rich]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Lawdy- you know I am like one of those hackers who can take down NASA and the Pentagon and I ain’t even trying nuttin’ except looking up something innocuous like “antidisestablishmentarianism”. And bosch, the worldwide interweb of stuff is gone. Like it never existed. And I get 10 years at her Maj’s pleasure.

And you want me to learn how to post a picture????

Why do ya think I like summat without pesky electrons.... like a Morgan?

HB

#558686 - 08/02/19 08:22 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
+8Rich Online   content

Loc: Devonshire
I'm sure the waiting will hone your photographic skills HB wink.
If you do get the 10 years volunteer to give Nick the Greek driving lessons maybe laugh2.

I bet you work for IBM really thumbs

Any problems posting pictures a few of us are more than happy with a PM from you and then you can email them to us and we will post them for you.

#558693 - 08/02/19 09:03 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: +8Rich]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Thanks Rich. I may take up that offer. Anything to avoid accidentally posting my impression of Giant Haystacks modelling a mankini....
Oh crap. I’ve let it slip again. 🥺
HB

#558718 - 09/02/19 08:16 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog

Photos as posted to HB on Thursday:

Originally Posted By myself

Chassis laid down either late yesterday or first thing this morning:

All those 4 were taken at approx 11:15 this morning.
By 13:45 things had moved on a little - engine/gearbox, rear axle and bulkhead are now in place:

Edited by Graham, G4FUJ (09/02/19 09:07 AM)
Edit Reason: Remove build record

'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#558727 - 09/02/19 08:50 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
KEVFITZ Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Wow...that was nice of you Graham..I'm sure Headless Blue will explode with joy now !!!

#558737 - 09/02/19 09:34 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: KEVFITZ]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

SPLAT!!!
🤮🥰💕🥳🕺🤪

Am now scratching my fingernails down a slightly chalky blackboard to distract me. Go on everyone- just picture it and try not to cringe.... it’s working.... 👍

Thank you Graham - what a top chap. To be fair, everyone involved with Morgan’s seem,to me, to be a cut above in the decency stakes. Wonder why that is?

HB

#558740 - 09/02/19 10:01 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
KEVFITZ Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Medication is the answer HB !!!

#558743 - 09/02/19 10:08 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

Oh boy HB this is so Exciting!

I could say that the time between now and delivery will fly by.......but I’d be lying laugh2 each day seemed to be a week for me!

But at least the weather will be better by the time yours lands, I’m getting really hacked off with winter!

#558749 - 09/02/19 10:50 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
BobtheTrain Offline

Part of the Furniture

Loc: Renfrewshire
To be fair, everyone involved with Morgan’s seem,to me, to be a cut above in the decency stakes. Wonder why that is?

HB

Traditional values.

#558759 - 09/02/19 11:17 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: BobtheTrain]
Stewart S Offline

Originally Posted By BobtheTrain
To be fair, everyone involved with Morgan’s seem,to me, to be a cut above in the decency stakes. Wonder why that is?

HB

Traditional values.

I think this is why and Jeremy did say on another programme if he was fighting in the trenches he would want his comrades to be Morgan owners

https://youtu.be/WqjZlx4sRtI

This is also where the wooden chassis myth was recently perpetuated

#558765 - 09/02/19 11:47 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Stewart S Offline

Here’s the full programme for anyone interested

https://youtu.be/8K10ddjkd9c

#558773 - 09/02/19 12:35 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Stewart S]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Fan-bloomin’-tastic.

Lady HB has just looked at me giggling and said in her specially trained for hubby voice “I am NOT doing that in that weather”. I of course politely reminded her that that is why we have ‘ats n newspapers. The fact that she’s just got back from her hairdresser having spent enough to fettle a Morgan twice over didn’t influence anything at all, no sirree....
I think I have this “wooing a lady “ lark down to a T.
HB

#558831 - 09/02/19 04:13 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
DaveW Offline
Roadster Guru

Loc: South Yorkshire
Get her an equestrian hairnet to go under her hat.

Simple.

#558852 - 09/02/19 05:07 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: DaveW]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

I like that idea Dave. Nicely secured in place with some neoprene to seal her edges and keep her watertight! 😇
HB

#558860 - 09/02/19 05:36 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
KEVFITZ Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Or leave her at home !!!

#558877 - 09/02/19 06:40 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: KEVFITZ]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Yet another quality, erm i mean interesting idea- thanks Kev! I’ll have to make sure she gives me my pocket money first so I can get some fuel....and maybe I’ll get a packed lunch at the same time.....
HB

#558918 - 09/02/19 10:30 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
andymot Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: East Sussex, ENGLAND
I'm no expert in the Morgan production process but on my maths going down on the 28th ( based on the chassis build up photos taken on the 7th) may be a gamble if you want to catch it in build.

Others will be far more enlightened than me on build times and factory throughput. However when I made the pilgrimage to see my car - which, on my rough calculations should have been in the trim shop, I found it just an hour away from being loaded onto the kentvale transporter. Had the M6 not been shut on the morning of my visit it would already have left!

Just thinking a trip before the 28th might be a good idea?

#558937 - 10/02/19 07:13 AM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: andymot]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Hi Andymot
Thought that might be possible over the recent two three weeks myself, frustratingly. However, when we booked the visit, due to work commitments for both me and Lady HB, we had to book a long way ahead and the dealer said we would be fine, even when I challenged the date to be careful. Consequently we ain't had the ability to change it. Love going to the factory anyway so am just going to have to risk it....appreciate the nudge nonetheless
Kind regards
HB

#559613 - 13/02/19 05:33 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog

HB's car in the Assembly Shop this morning at around 10:20.

An hour or so later when I was conducting a tour the n/s wing was fitted with the o/s being trimmed to fit.

'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#559634 - 13/02/19 06:38 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog

Here are the others taken this morning:

Ahh, slight error - a couple more to follow...

Edited by Graham, G4FUJ (13/02/19 06:39 PM)
Edit Reason: Oops, clicked Submit...

'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#559636 - 13/02/19 06:43 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog

And, the remainder:

smile

'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#559646 - 13/02/19 07:31 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Graham, G4FUJ]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Aaaaaah look, she has tiny hands and feet! Sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.
Sigh
Blub
Sniff (wipes nose on sleeve)
Think I have a bit of dust in my eyes.....
Thank you Graham
HB

#559652 - 13/02/19 07:41 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
DaveW Offline
Roadster Guru

Loc: South Yorkshire
The trestles are new!

#559654 - 13/02/19 07:46 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: DaveW]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

I feel proper posh now innit....🥰
Only the best....
HB

#559814 - 14/02/19 07:46 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Fat Wolfie Offline
Just Getting Started

ooh HB - getting closer by the day. Great pics Graham, you are a true gent

#559822 - 14/02/19 08:13 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Fat Wolfie]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Some people deserve to be called “Sir G....” as opposed to Sergei (no offence to anyone called Sergei by the way).... ya know inside my head is a scary (but somewhat empty) place I’ve been told...
HB

#559960 - 15/02/19 03:14 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog

Not sure about empty heads - has all sorts of connotations, particularly to an ex-mariner!! laugh2

So here we are near the end of the Assembly Shop.
For the first two, I had a tour in tow, so couldn't spend any time grabbing photos, but it was quite handy to use the car to explain some of the assembly processes (thanks HB! smile ):

I sneaked back to assembly after tour complete to get these next three:

From here the car will go into Paint. So, there won't be any updates until it heads into Trim. Hopefully I will have a tour or two and be able to photograph it over a couple of days in the Trim shop. smile

'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#559963 - 15/02/19 03:30 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Graham, G4FUJ]
HeadlessBlue Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Thanks as ever Sir G
Love the Modern Morgan approach of having an air intake running from front to back. V aero efficient 😇 and I guess my minor upgrade to a W 12 engine taken from a Bentley (or was it a Veyron) should allow me to get up the hills here in the Fens?
Looks sooooooooo sleek. Have you passed on my reassuring pats so she knows daddy is going to be there soon?????
Swoon....
HB

#559966 - 15/02/19 03:42 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog

Loc: Salisbury, UK
Grahams photos are better than the "Build Book" images I have of Tarka!!

My A34 is in build in Germany. No chance of photographs.... irked

#560129 - 15/02/19 11:18 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Alistair Online   happy
Smile, it confuses them
Charter Member

Loc: Hampshire
A34 Peter? Did you not pay the whole price and get an A35?

wink

#560250 - 16/02/19 03:25 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Alistair]
Peter J Offline

Originally Posted By Alistair
A34 Peter? Did you not pay the whole price and get an A35?

wink

Doh... I was thinking of the road, the A34.

I believe that AMG and Austin both offer an A35, I hope I've ordered the AMG A35... not THIS

#560261 - 16/02/19 04:14 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Peter J]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Originally Posted By Peter J

I believe that AMG and Austin both offer an A35, I hope I've ordered the AMG A35... not THIS

I have seen a few hot rod and racing A35s including a V8 powered A35 van that could well give your AMG version a run for its money. And it would carry a bale of straw easily in the back.
Disco 4

#560280 - 16/02/19 05:12 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Paul F]
Peter J Offline

Originally Posted By Peter J

I have seen a few hot rod and racing A35s including a V8 powered A35 van that could well give your AMG version a run for its money. And it would carry a bale of straw easily in the back.

Reminds me of the AMG Sprinter S63 that was built a few years ago. Only 503 bhp...
This is the link...
https://www.motor1.com/news/54360/mercedes-amg-sprinter-63-s-unveiled-with-503-bhp/
It would make an interesting mobile home....

Edited by Peter J (16/02/19 05:16 PM)
Edit Reason: link added

#560294 - 16/02/19 06:41 PM Re: How do you cope with the wait [Re: Peter J]
pandy Offline

Talk Morgan Sage

Loc: West Paris, France
I'm sure you'll be very happy with the A35 Peter. I've been extremely pleased with our A class (2016 model); It's fast, comfortable, easy to drive and economical, and it's ability in heavy snow is astonishingly good.

I think the new one looks even better. I'd happily chop ours in for one, but sadly the new model not available on the French market with a motor/transmission combination that meets my requirements. I want 4matic 4WD (as I have at the moment) and for tax reasons need the emissions to be below 140g/km (which my current car does). For understandable reasons I'm reluctant to buy a diesel, and the only petrol models available with 4matic here are now the 250 and above, which all emit too much CO2. You used to be able to have 4matic with an A200 petrol on the old one.

I think I'm going to have a shufti at what the VAG brands have on offer gloomy

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon