Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
6 registered (Alistair, planenut, Mogdavid, +8Rich, Jon G4LJW, sbarracl), 96 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
One for KEVIN
More recent pics...
pic of car as suggested in welcome forum
Ford GDI engine for sale
Today at Rattray Head
Newest Topics
Paint code, Saxe blue
by ewn
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
Squeaky Spring Hanger
by IcePack
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Which order, wipers
by ewn
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Striking colour
by +8Rich
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Spare tyres.
by PaulJ
Yesterday at 07:48 PM
Wooden floor preservative
by griffo
Yesterday at 05:13 PM
Wing Mirror Glass
by Eurosystem0
Yesterday at 05:10 PM
Newest Members
Lindsay B, Reckless, nate22, Mike3W, Dutchie55
6364 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,364 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,242 Topics
549,819 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
EL77
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#557635 - 03/02/19 12:29 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
Paul F Offline

Talk Morgan Expert

Loc: Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
That really is a stunning colour combination.
Disco 4
Teddy - 17h1 Irish Draught cross

#557646 - 03/02/19 12:56 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
madmax Offline
Part of the Furniture

Loc: East Anglia
Originally Posted By Rovert
Just a quick introduction, (well re-introduction really as I used to be a member)

I have an '02 +8 owned since new - grief 17 years,

I have largely owned Brit cars all my life, ranging from Midgets and Lotus' - Elan s2 and Elan +2 130/5 in my 20's and 30's then a Caterham 7 and TVRs in my 40's and early 50s.

In my youth I never really "got" Morgans, I used to see them at Station Garage Taplow where I went frequently, in normally vain attempts to keep the Lotus on the road. Seeing the Morgans tucked up with all those shiny Elans and Europas I used to think "why on earth would anyone want one of those"

But fast forward to 2001, with the launch of the Aero I cancelled my order for a TVR Tuscan - provisionally specced as Lamborghini Orange with Chrome Purple seats piped Orange, I always had taste :-) - and placed an order for the Aero. I recall I was about 540 on the list. Come 2002, I was told that I could have build 67 I think it was. By this time I had joined a number of Morgan Forums, an extremely pleasant chap called Keith Ahlers had given me a ride in his S1, his track day +8 (and his Porsche RS) and the price of the Aero had gone up 10%. All these issues combined to influence me to swap the Aero order for the aforementioned +8 which I still have

Brian

Jersey / Spain

I wonder if Tvr people will cancel or have done already their order for the new Griffith which has again been delayed and bought a Morgan ?

#557649 - 03/02/19 12:57 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
pete757 Offline
Just Getting Started

Originally Posted By pete757
Any chance of a photo on this thread please!

Sounds epic! :>)

OK will do my best.

Lets see if I have RTFMd the photo instructions...

Thanks for posting the photo.

What a great colour combination :>)

I reckon you could also build quiet a few body frames with all that timber!

#557683 - 03/02/19 03:27 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
Rovert Offline
Just Getting Started

Thank you for the complements on the colour. My choice, but not my "design"

When I ordered my Cerbera, I chose the colour from a 2" square sample, the result was a rather uninspiring "Nail Varnish" Maroon.

Therefore when I was specifying the +8 I had already made the decision to go two-tone, but was not going to risk choosing a colour from a small paint sample again. So I asked on another forum for examples of two-tone cars. The response was pretty impressive and I ended up with a library of over 80 colour photos of two-tone cars. The end choice was between this combo and Black and Silver, obviously I went for the Blue.

I then contacted the owner of the original scheme who was pleased that I had chosen his scheme and very kindly provided me with paint colours. Very sadly his car was destroyed in a crash and fire that nearly took his and his wifes life about 2 months after mine was delivered. He did however manage to persuade the MMC to build him a new body shell in the original colours.

That car is now very well known in Mog circles. It is the Phoenix owned by Lorne Goldman of GoMog fame.

Edited by Rovert (03/02/19 04:41 PM)

#557687 - 03/02/19 03:34 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: madmax]
Rovert Offline
Just Getting Started

Originally Posted By madmax

I wonder if Tvr people will cancel or have done already their order for the new Griffith which has again been delayed and bought a Morgan ?

Interesting thought Madmax. I am not sure that TVR buyers would be into the trad market. I certainly wasn't until I started to get involved in the Morgan "culture" via my original order for the Aero. However the new cars may be attract different market.

I do hope the TVR does materialise at some stage though.

Brian
Jersey /Spain

#557711 - 03/02/19 04:35 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
Button Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Loc: Seattle, USA
Thank you for the complements on the colour. My choice, but not my "design"

When I ordered my Cerbera, I chose, the colour from a 2" square sample, the result was a rather uninspiring "Nail Varnish" Maroon.

Therefore when I was specifying the +8 I had already made the decision to go two-tone, but was not going to risk choosing a colour from a small paint sample again. So I asked on another forum for examples of two-tone cars. The response was pretty impressive and I ended up with a library of over 80 colour photos of two-tone cars. The end choice was between this combo and Black and Silver, obviously I went for the Blue.

I then contacted the owner of the original scheme who was pleased that I had chosen his scheme and very kindly provided me with paint colours. Very sadly his car was destroyed in a crash and fire that nearly took his and his wifes life about 2 months after mine was delivered. He did however manage to persuade the MMC to build him a new body shell in the original colours.

That car is now very well known in Mog circles. It is the Phoenix owned by Lorne Goldman of GoMog fame.

My +8 Bitsa has many parts, including the front wings, from Lorne's damaged +8. He had the undamaged parts preserved and shipped them to Me. How I got the other parts for this +8 is a story in itself.

#557715 - 03/02/19 04:41 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Button]
Rovert Offline
Just Getting Started

Originally Posted By Button

My +8 Bitsa has many parts, including the front wings, from Lorne's damaged +8. He had the undamaged parts preserved and shipped them to Me. How I got the other parts for this +8 is a story in itself.

That is a story that needs telling Bill.

#557804 - 04/02/19 10:30 AM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
MOG 615 Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: London
Another Photo of Brian's car from one of our trips to France.

Edited by MOG 615 (04/02/19 12:42 PM)

#557888 - 04/02/19 05:09 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
Rovert Offline
Just Getting Started

Thanks for this Andy
Happy memories

Brian
Jersey

Edited by Rovert (04/02/19 05:09 PM)

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon