Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
2 registered (Scrambledsignals, pete757), 103 Guests and 15 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
One for KEVIN
More recent pics...
pic of car as suggested in welcome forum
Ford GDI engine for sale
Today at Rattray Head
Newest Topics
Paint code, Saxe blue
by ewn
Yesterday at 11:15 PM
Squeaky Spring Hanger
by IcePack
Yesterday at 11:00 PM
Which order, wipers
by ewn
Yesterday at 10:54 PM
Striking colour
by +8Rich
Yesterday at 10:46 PM
Spare tyres.
by PaulJ
Yesterday at 07:48 PM
Wooden floor preservative
by griffo
Yesterday at 05:13 PM
Wing Mirror Glass
by Eurosystem0
Yesterday at 05:10 PM
Newest Members
Lindsay B, Reckless, nate22, Mike3W, Dutchie55
6364 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,364 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,242 Topics
549,819 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
EL77
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#557425 - 02/02/19 10:29 AM Hello from Jersey
Rovert Offline
Just Getting Started

Just a quick introduction, (well re-introduction really as I used to be a member)

I have an '02 +8 owned since new - grief 17 years,

I have largely owned Brit cars all my life, ranging from Midgets and Lotus' - Elan s2 and Elan +2 130/5 in my 20's and 30's then a Caterham 7 and TVRs in my 40's and early 50s.

In my youth I never really "got" Morgans, I used to see them at Station Garage Taplow where I went frequently, in normally vain attempts to keep the Lotus on the road. Seeing the Morgans tucked up with all those shiny Elans and Europas I used to think "why on earth would anyone want one of those"

But fast forward to 2001, with the launch of the Aero I cancelled my order for a TVR Tuscan - provisionally specced as Lamborghini Orange with Chrome Purple seats piped Orange, I always had taste :-) - and placed an order for the Aero. I recall I was about 540 on the list. Come 2002, I was told that I could have build 67 I think it was. By this time I had joined a number of Morgan Forums, an extremely pleasant chap called Keith Ahlers had given me a ride in his S1, his track day +8 (and his Porsche RS) and the price of the Aero had gone up 10%. All these issues combined to influence me to swap the Aero order for the aforementioned +8 which I still have

Brian

Jersey / Spain

#557426 - 02/02/19 10:39 AM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
Stewart S Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan
Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Lancashire, England
Nice introduction and great decision all those years back

welcome back to the forum

#557427 - 02/02/19 10:39 AM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog

Loc: Salisbury, UK
Brian,

good to hear from you.

Did we meet when Caroline and I met up with the Jersey Morgan group a couple or 3 years ago?
Caroline and I were in the bronze 2014 Plus 8!

Peter

#557428 - 02/02/19 11:19 AM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
Rovert Offline
Just Getting Started

Alas no Peter, for the last 10 years or so we spend May/June and Sep/Oct and 3 weeks in November / February in Spain. I think that meet was in June? If I we had met we would remember each other, as having never seen an Aero chassied +8, I would have been all over and under your car!

#557429 - 02/02/19 11:51 AM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
MOG 615 Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Loc: London
Hello from an old friend Brian

I must admit I am not usually a fan of two tone Morgans but yours is definitely an exception.

Delighted to see you on the this forum at last. I well remember some of those trips to France when you brought the +8 across from Jersey. Hope you and Amalah are both well and enjoying life. I will have to see if I can find some pictures from those days.

#557431 - 02/02/19 11:58 AM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
James B W Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Newcastle Upon Tyne
Originally Posted By Rovert
Just a quick introduction, (well re-introduction really as I used to be a member)

I have an '02 +8 owned since new - grief 17 years,

I have largely owned Brit cars all my life, ranging from Midgets and Lotus' - Elan s2 and Elan +2 130/5 in my 20's and 30's then a Caterham 7 and TVRs in my 40's and early 50s.

In my youth I never really "got" Morgans, I used to see them at Station Garage Taplow where I went frequently, in normally vain attempts to keep the Lotus on the road. Seeing the Morgans tucked up with all those shiny Elans and Europas I used to think "why on earth would anyone want one of those"

But fast forward to 2001, with the launch of the Aero I cancelled my order for a TVR Tuscan - provisionally specced as Lamborghini Orange with Chrome Purple seats piped Orange, I always had taste :-) - and placed an order for the Aero. I recall I was about 540 on the list. Come 2002, I was told that I could have build 67 I think it was. By this time I had joined a number of Morgan Forums, an extremely pleasant chap called Keith Ahlers had given me a ride in his S1, his track day +8 (and his Porsche RS) and the price of the Aero had gone up 10%. All these issues combined to influence me to swap the Aero order for the aforementioned +8 which I still have

Brian

Jersey / Spain

hello and welcome Brian.

Despite this being your introductory post,I think we need to nominate you as the TM style guru innocent

I have a 2002 Aero8 so could well have been your car ( no purple interior though.... laugh2 )

James

#557439 - 02/02/19 01:05 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: James B W]
Rovert Offline
Just Getting Started

Originally Posted By Stewart S
Nice introduction and great decision all those years back

welcome back to the forum

Thank you Stewart

Originally Posted By MOG 615
Hello from an old friend Brian

I must admit I am not usually a fan of two tone Morgans but yours is definitely an exception.

Delighted to see you on the this forum at last. I well remember some of those trips to France when you brought the +8 across from Jersey. Hope you and Amalah are both well and enjoying life. I will have to see if I can find some pictures from those days.

Really good to hear from you Andy, good times in France. You and Colin demonstrated to me how the Mog should really be driven. Following you guys sometimes I genuinely thought your brake lights weren't working!

Originally Posted By James B W

hello and welcome Brian.

Despite this being your introductory post,I think we need to nominate you as the TM style guru innocent

I have a 2002 Aero8 so could well have been your car ( no purple interior though.... laugh2 )

James

Thank you James, my wife would think that me as a style guru hilarious "You're not going out wearing that". To clarify the Orange/Purple was for a Tuscan, even I would not inflict that on an Aero. Although the interior of my +8 is a bit bright for most peoples taste.

#557457 - 02/02/19 02:41 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
pete757 Online   content
Just Getting Started

Any chance of a photo on this thread please!

Sounds epic! :>)

#557459 - 02/02/19 03:07 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
+8Rich Offline

Loc: Devonshire
Welcome back to the forum - a picture of your Plus 8 would be nice sometime.

#557495 - 02/02/19 06:13 PM Re: Hello from Jersey [Re: Rovert]
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog

Loc: Salisbury, UK
Originally Posted By Rovert
Alas no Peter, for the last 10 years or so we spend May/June and Sep/Oct and 3 weeks in November / February in Spain. I think that meet was in June? If I we had met we would remember each other, as having never seen an Aero chassied +8, I would have been all over and under your car!

Oh well, we shall just have to come back to Jersey when you are at home! We are doing the IOW this year, but as it is a few years since we were in Jersey we could do with a refreshing return!

the Plus 8 (Aero) is no problem on the ferry, but getting round corners on some of the lanes another matter!

Peter

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon