Long story short I visited Melvyn's over the weekend, and I must admit seeing a GTN in the flesh again really got me thinking about changing my Aero 8 for it.
However of course it is never that simple and thus I am here for some recommendations, man maths and common sense (or perhaps the opposite?).
So my thoughts are currently:
- What is my Aero worth? The market seems to be all over the place so I am thinking a lower figure of 40k to base calculations on is sensible, albeit perhaps less than I would hope to achieve.
- Is the GTN worth 79k? It's been on sale for over 6 months and not sold, so the market would suggest not, and if I recall less than a decade ago these were trading at around 10k more than an S1.
- It is twice the price of mine, but is it twice the car?
- I have plans if I keep mine to add some extras to it that would make it much nicer, paintwork, new interior, hardtop etc.. but it is money I won't ever recoup - so the GTN is more sensible in that regard.
- I didn't drive/or even get to fire it up for that matter so that was a shame, I hear that side pipes sound quite different to the rear exits.
- My wife and I are already quite fond of "Lucifer", and have many memories, which is playing on the mind as well.
- In all honesty it wouldn't be a full cash purchase (I own my current Aero) but would have to find some finance to bridge the gap so I really want to make sure before I do anything.
- It could be my last and only chance to buy the Aero I fell in love with when I first saw it on Top Gear all those years ago..
What would you do?
Apologies in advance for the randomness of questions, its one of those decisions..