Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
15 registered (Wirewheel, mph, CooperMan, Richard Wood, stevemag, A11OGE, griffo, Phil Bleazey, MOG 615, brownbaker, JCD, jbk, kennethjoh, 60Yards, Pmh44), 51 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Turbo Plus 4 - final report
Sunny Shropshire!
As Ordered
Spring in Norway
Vehicle Lifts
Newest Topics
Garage Lift double stack Morgan cars
by BuyBritish
24/04/19 06:47 AM
Fairbourne Screen Update
by Michael H
23/04/19 09:22 PM
PSA - 1.6 Sigma - copper adapter is a weak link
by PerryP
23/04/19 06:32 PM
Turbo Plus 4 Plus -- final report
by griffo
23/04/19 04:44 PM
Dimension needed -Plus 8
by Culminator
23/04/19 04:29 PM
Tesla (your car will go moonlighting!)
by Alistair
23/04/19 02:02 PM
good new toy for smartphone photography
by Alistair
23/04/19 01:21 PM
Newest Members
Andy Hatch, Toyracer59, Roxy Plus4, RobCol, Rsglush
6471 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,471 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,857 Topics
562,570 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
ianc
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#558412 - 07/02/19 11:54 AM Halfords 10% off if in AA
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: The frozen North
Just had an E-MAIL off Halfords if you are a member of the AA and pop along with your membership plastic its 10% off anything . From tools to oil etc, not sure about the RAC .

#558413 - 07/02/19 11:56 AM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
Dean-Royal Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: UK (up north)
10% off at Halfrauds would still be expensiive

#558420 - 07/02/19 01:02 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
Arwyn Williams Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

50 percent off would still be too expensive

Arwyn

#558424 - 07/02/19 01:14 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Dean-Royal]
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Depends what you are after not many GOOD motor shops about these days and getting less . The new formula one brigade are afraid to get there hands dirty and have to have a new car . When my mates and me started it was a sat a/ noon trip to a scrap yard for bits and a tin of paint nicked out of your mams cupboard hence car of several colours . You where just a twinkle in your mams eye . One mate had a Triumph Renown another a huge fat Austin A? along with other lads Jowet Javelin and we all helped each other out .
MAINLY BUMP STARTING and towing . Along with no plastic money to get your stuff pay later .

#558427 - 07/02/19 01:26 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
IvorMog Offline

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Staffordshire
I have recently re-discovered my local motor factor who, along with supplying the trade has a small shop area of more common stuff but can get you anything.

Most importantly, it is staffed by knowledgable long timers who can and will help to find a part for you.

The retail prices they display are high, similar to Halfords, but they will give you a decent trade (ish) discount when they get to know you.

I've started to get all my consumables here and I find the experience far more satisfying than the big supermarkets or buying online.

Edited by IvorMog (07/02/19 05:04 PM)

1999 4/4 1.8 Zetec

#558430 - 07/02/19 01:44 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: IvorMog]
CooperMan Online   content

Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Yorkshire
Originally Posted By IvorMog
I have recently re-discovered my local motor factor who, along with supplying the trade has a small shop area of more common stuff but can at you anything.

Most importantly, it is staffed by knowledgable long timers who can and will help to find a part for you.

The retail prices they display are high, similar to Halfords, but they will give you a decent trade (ish) discount when they get to know you.

I've started to get all my consumables here and I find the experience far more satisfying than the big supermarkets or buying online.

Nice one Bob, I go out of my way to support my local independent, people would be surprised what they can source and the contacts they have

#558433 - 07/02/19 02:18 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
Richard Wood Online   NoMood
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Loc: East Harling, Norfolk UK
I started what eventually turned into a motorcycle spares import and distribution business after discovering the auto supply chain of Brown Bros. They were happy to cross match filter and bearing part numbers as well as offering trade discount which I obtained with ease.

2018 Roadster - Red/Magnolia - "Morton"
1967 Land Rover series 2a SWB
1960 Velocette Venom

#558434 - 07/02/19 02:20 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
brownbaker Online   content

Talk Morgan Regular

Even in our small town we have Eurospares and CES (who support classic rallies).
A tool shop where I bought a socket for my spinner tool half the price of Halfords !
Also two motor spares shop very well stocked and last of all a good scrap yard.

#558436 - 07/02/19 02:43 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: IvorMog]
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

By you can go off people easy. I have one place been in once . The mice are on strike its filthy . You wipe your feet when you come out the tools are rusty and look 2nd hand . Along with the hammer blow the know all started to inform me my mog has a WOOD chassis . He knows because he has serviced 100's . Walked out never been back . Wonder why. banghead

Edited by Jack The Lad (07/02/19 03:57 PM)

#558438 - 07/02/19 02:51 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
Dean-Royal Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Originally Posted By Jack The Lad
By you can go off people easy. I have one place been in once . The mice are on strike its filthy . You wipe your feet when you come out the tools are rusty and look 2nd hand . Along with the hammer blow the know all started to inform me my mog has a steel chassis . He knows because he has serviced 100's . Walked out never been back . Wonder why. banghead

KnS up the road on the industrial estate are good John, the owner "John" is a peterlee or easington Lad and has been in the parts game most of his life.

#558454 - 07/02/19 04:15 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Dean-Royal]
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Dean known him from when he started but not seen him for many years he leaves it to the lads likes to go diving in the North sea . Problem is the traffic up there its bad to get round that area in and out . Its many many years ago he loaned me a electric wire connection so I could climb into my loft . He is on to his 4th place of business . The 2nd place was near the Royal arms . While standing waiting my turn the mog parked outside . He remarked " kids next to mog touching it etc" . I was out in seconds bellowing at them "go away children" . They off in milli seconds . I got back to the shop and everyone in stitches, never seen anyone move that fast nor bellow that loud in a strange dialect.

#558463 - 07/02/19 04:57 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
Arwyn Williams Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Last time I was in my local scrap yard, the owner caught some lads pilfering. Fair play, he gave them the choice of a good kicking or calling the scuffers. They opted for the kicking and Psycho Mark did the honours.

Owner offered me a cup of tea whilst Psycho Mark was going about his task with great relish and charged me 12 quid for the Peugeot starter motor I had in my hand

Arwyn

Edited by Arwyn Williams (07/02/19 05:05 PM)

#558464 - 07/02/19 05:09 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
sospan Offline
Talk Morgan Sage

Loc: Llanelli
We were in Halfords 2 weeks ago picking up child seats. They had offers in baskets and I bought two quick detailer sprays at £3 each.
There are some decent buys but depends what you are after.
I bought oil there as it was on offer and got enough for two oil changes.

#558481 - 07/02/19 06:01 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
Eddie Cairns Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Aberdeenshire
You do not have to be that clever to get a trade card at Halfords.

#558485 - 07/02/19 06:08 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Arwyn Williams]
+8Rich Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Devonshire
Originally Posted By Arwyn Williams
Last time I was in my local scrap yard, the owner caught some lads pilfering. Fair play, he gave them the choice of a good kicking or calling the scuffers. They opted for the kicking and Psycho Mark did the honours.

Owner offered me a cup of tea whilst Psycho Mark was going about his task with great relish and charged me 12 quid for the Peugeot starter motor I had in my hand

Arwyn

laugh2 laugh2

#558486 - 07/02/19 06:10 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
Dean-Royal Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

My best ver visit to a Scrap Yard. !!

In conversation with the owner at the door to the porta-cabin, a gent walked up and asked how much for the headlamp he was holding ?

The owner looked and said "£20 mate"as i recall it was when the big plastic lamps had started to appear on Renault etc

The Guy puffed and said 'will you take a £10 for it', The owner who i new was quite rich turned to the bench next to him and picked up a large hammer smashed the Lamp to bits then said 'now i will'
I couldnt stop laughing as the Guy walked off in discussed

The owner just commented 'greedy b*****d.

Edited by Dean-Royal (07/02/19 06:12 PM)

#558505 - 07/02/19 07:59 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Arwyn Williams]
Jack The Lad Offline
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

There is a large scrap yard at Peterlee but what a nice lot they don't speak to you . Wonder if it has anything to do with them sucking lemons .
One over in the next village BUT it has a notice beware of the dog on the gate . I went in for a car part for a mate looked for the dog and spotted s small terrier . After a look round spotted a car removed the bit and walked back to the caravan . As I went past a Fiesta a large wolf like thing dived out of a half closed car window. But could not get out THANK GOD .I felt my arse give way , so i thought and left Usain Bolt's record standing . I was into the caravan before the door had opened . Everyone rofl. "Why the hell did you not warn me you B" " What and miss that" Went home for a shower and a clean pair of pants .

Edited by Jack The Lad (07/02/19 08:01 PM)

#558655 - 08/02/19 04:50 PM Re: Halfords 10% off if in AA [Re: Jack The Lad]
Alistair Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Charter Member

Loc: Hampshire
Well Halfords did a good thing today. Credit where it is due.

I had a pair of their heavy duty jump start cables (I have two Morgans what can I say) which have rested in the garage for a good time. On using them to jump the good lady's Mini this morning the spring loaded terminal clip just shattered when opening to fit over the terminal. Bits went everywhere. I don't know who was more annoyed, me because of the mess or SWMBO as it meant she was going nowhere.

I went into Halfords and showed them the otherwise pristine untouched item. I did not have the receipt and the label had long since fallen off. They did a like for like swap on the spot. Well knock me over with a feather.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon