Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
20 registered (IvorMog, Stewart S, bmgermany, Dodger, Felix42, twotribes, IcePack, andymot, jong, waikiore, Martinus, V8Dave, P Dron, Aeroman, Malcolm Hoar, M3W55, Jack The Lad, petemog, NickCW, Pmh44), 94 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
More recent pics...
pic of car as suggested in welcome forum
Ford GDI engine for sale
Today at Rattray Head
The brae of Coynach
Newest Topics
Seeking 1981 Red 4/4 Reg XEL358X
by andymot
38 minutes 4 seconds ago
Nothing wrong with a bit of bondage.
by Eurosystem0
Today at 03:17 PM
Easy up hood
by DavidC
Today at 01:10 PM
TV Formula One on TV.
by Jack The Lad
Today at 11:41 AM
S3 to S5
by Gareth H
Yesterday at 11:36 PM
Where are you from.
by Alistair
Yesterday at 10:16 PM
When leather is actually plastic...?
by BobJ
Yesterday at 06:09 PM
Newest Members
Lindsay B, Reckless, nate22, Mike3W, Dutchie55
6364 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,364 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,226 Topics
549,523 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
Ken A, Ruut Bianchi
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#559365 - 12/02/19 02:28 PM Temper bloody Temper
Jack The Lad Online   happy
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: The frozen North
Been with TALK TALK about 15 year and at first no problem . But over the last 3 year they have played silly buggers with our statements stating one fee and sending another . We told them we do not want the TV and what have they done . Just looked and its on the statement . We keep all the paper work and its set out an 18 month contract . Yet they have tried to change them over the last several years. I have just phoned them and once again it is difficult to understand what they are saying . I am not bad tempered , but I am quick tempered and when someone is digging at me its time to hand it to June after I pointed out you are breaking your contracts . We have come to the same opinion to just sort out an internet and phone only contract . Then get one of these now TV BOX with many channels and drop Talk Talk . Going to have a look about. banghead

#559374 - 12/02/19 02:59 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: Jack The Lad]
Bluey Roadster Offline
Just Getting Started

Loc: Near Edinburgh
I have just dumped Talk Talk absolutely hopeless. Arranged to upgrade to fibre but when it came they wanted to give me a new tele number as well. Cancelled the fibre upgrade but they managed to cut me off completely and would not reinstate anything. Far East call centre unintelligible. Internet less for 3 weeks. Signed up with BT at 48Mbps instead of Talk Talks 2 Mbps!!

#559384 - 12/02/19 03:44 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: Bluey Roadster]
Eurosystem0 Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Oxfordshire UK
We have just had optic fibre installed in our rural outpost. Installed by a Gigaclear sub contractor LiteAcess. The damage (largely unnecessary as its done by careless parking and working of plant) they have done to our verges and drives is unbelievable - particularly when 90% of cable is embedded in roads. Tarmac trenches becoming the new potholes. The battle to get repairs to damage verges is ongoing and after intense effort is making progress. However not started yet. They trash grass and repair with seeding so should only take 6 months to get it back to the "as you found it condition" in the contract. Then there is the Gigaclear Service Offering which, with voice over IP )VoIP)for telephone works out at circa twice a comparable BT or Plus net like for like service. However BT and Plus net cannot have access to the Gigaclear "open network". The competition is achieved by Gigaclear listing 7 other small ISP providers. Contacted them all and, because of what Gigaclear charge the other ISP, its impossible for them to compete. So in summary: A taxpayer/govt/ subsidised installation. All installation is sunk costs (no pun intended). A basic superfast broad band offering twice the big players, no viable competition. BUT! a big tick for the Government in rolling out superfast country wide. I predict the take up will be less than 10%.. Still collating data to blitz Ofcom and Council who let the contract. swmbo

Edited by Eurosystem0 (12/02/19 03:53 PM)

#559387 - 12/02/19 04:03 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: Jack The Lad]
lowebird Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: norfolk, UK
Isn't it strange how we all have different experiences with the same companies.
We used to be with BT who were very unhelpful ( despite me being employed by them all my life ) so we went to Talk Talk.
Couldn't have been more happy, our package includes unlimited free calls including calls to mobiles & high speed internet (they up graded us to fibre) and gave us the TV package free including the Humax box. They recently wanted to charge for some additional features on the TV package but after speaking to a really nice person in Mumbai it was cancelled so, like everyone, you speak as you find.
Sorry you had so much trouble Jack, perhaps it's because you are up North in the cold!! hide

#559390 - 12/02/19 04:19 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: Jack The Lad]
John V6 Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Suffolk
We are on TalkTalk. I picked up this con of charging £4 to watch TV in another room. I too called Mumbai but it took a while to get it taken off. The TV box is still working fine.

They have though taken away the free mobile SIM so after this last attempt to con me I asked if they could match the entry level costs from other providers, they told me no as the contract ends in May. April could be a fun month.

Have just also had Direct Dial up the premium on the wife's Polo.
Went to the Meerkats & saved £35 on £220, Direct dial wouldn't budge on cost so we are now with the RAC.

#559394 - 12/02/19 05:23 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: Jack The Lad]
Dean-Royal Offline

Talk Morgan Addict

Loc: UK (up north)
Been with XLN 8 years now in the business, excellent service and reasonably priced.

Been with plusnet 3 years at home, no issues, some suggest Plusnet is part of BT !!

Edited by Dean-Royal (12/02/19 05:41 PM)

#559397 - 12/02/19 05:34 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: Jack The Lad]
Alistair Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Charter Member

Loc: Hampshire
Yes plusnet is part of BT, has been for years now. They remained better for support but a little slow to react sometimes. They use the Openworld hardware same as most companies.

I got moved to Sky fibre as they mandated it as part of the new SkyQ braincell we had installed. As it loads so much over the broadband it is probably a good idea as it avoids any overuse bills and restrictions.

They have been pretty good for support when things have gone pop. The call centre in Scotland are pretty sharp.

#559398 - 12/02/19 05:35 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: lowebird]
Jack The Lad Online   happy
Posting Desperado
Talk Morgan Guru

Loc: The frozen North
Reg , its not cold up here had there been any ice my temper would have melted an iceberg today one of the wagons with a load of stuff could not find the drop off place bet the useless scroat could find his way to the pub. So have to explain to a woman she has to wait several more days . These women eat men for b/fast.

#559410 - 12/02/19 06:23 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: Eurosystem0]
+8Rich Offline

Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Devonshire
Originally Posted By Eurosystem0
We have just had optic fibre installed in our rural outpost. Installed by a Gigaclear sub contractor LiteAcess. The damage (largely unnecessary as its done by careless parking and working of plant) they have done to our verges and drives is unbelievable - particularly when 90% of cable is embedded in roads. Tarmac trenches becoming the new potholes. The battle to get repairs to damage verges is ongoing and after intense effort is making progress. However not started yet. They trash grass and repair with seeding so should only take 6 months to get it back to the "as you found it condition" in the contract. Then there is the Gigaclear Service Offering which, with voice over IP )VoIP)for telephone works out at circa twice a comparable BT or Plus net like for like service. However BT and Plus net cannot have access to the Gigaclear "open network". The competition is achieved by Gigaclear listing 7 other small ISP providers. Contacted them all and, because of what Gigaclear charge the other ISP, its impossible for them to compete. So in summary: A taxpayer/govt/ subsidised installation. All installation is sunk costs (no pun intended). A basic superfast broad band offering twice the big players, no viable competition. BUT! a big tick for the Government in rolling out superfast country wide. I predict the take up will be less than 10%.. Still collating data to blitz Ofcom and Council who let the contract. swmbo

We have undergone a similar process this summer with the very rural Stoke Fleming being totally fibred by Gigaclear with their chosen contractor. I checked on their site and it seems that £200 for a pavement to internal phone point is the rate, as for phone and broadband this was likely to cost £70 per month for a sensible package excluding the TV nonsense. I don't think anyone is likely to be picking up this option, doubtless some slippery politician has ticked a box in his PDP somewhere.

I have been with Talktalk Business for around 10years and have found them very good and always speak to a British based English operative. They phoned me last month to review my usage and I told them I no longer work from home and just required unlimited broadband and free calls so they are knocking £20 a month off the bills and as they were only £40 anyway I'm happy.

I wish you success with yours both John's that sounds dodgy.

#559475 - 12/02/19 09:57 PM Re: Temper bloody Temper [Re: Eurosystem0]
tmg513 Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Loc: Powick
Originally Posted By Eurosystem0

Apologies if you already know this but regardless of who let the contract responsibility for enforcing reinstatement of the highway under the terms of The New Roads and Street Works Act (NRSWA) will rest with the Highway Authority who, judging from your sig, will by Oxfordshire County Council. The verge, incidentally,forms part of the highway. I should contact the NRSWA team at the County Council and insist that they get the contractors to reinstate to the standard laid down in the NRSWA Reinstatement Code of Practice.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon