Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
6 registered members (yobtaf, Heinz, JBu1, Elcyd, RB1, atalante83), 153 guests, and 15 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 281
John V6 129
DaveW 101
Newest Topics
Rad Watch point
by IcePack. 21/10/19 08:58 PM
Balance point of the M3W
by Marmota. 21/10/19 06:57 PM
Structural Failures
by Peter J. 21/10/19 04:18 PM
JAYS EX NERO ?
by KEVFITZ. 21/10/19 03:19 PM
Hello again 🤓
by Jays ex Nero. 21/10/19 03:18 PM
Newbie Here - help Required
by Flipsterbaby. 21/10/19 11:58 AM
Spare wheel hole cover
by griffo. 21/10/19 10:05 AM
Latest Photos
Sport Blue
Le Mans Classic 2017 pics
Denis
Autumn Sunshine
TURBO TRAD..?
Newest Members
Hare, David Almond, AMD, Hendyboy, Jays ex Nero
6732 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics36,435
Posts588,167
Members6,732
Most Online569
Sep 8th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
mac caber, VassilisP
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: New road to success [Re: Graham, G4FUJ] #564765
08/03/19 10:24 PM
08/03/19 10:24 PM
Northamptonshire UK
Stringers Best Mate Offline
Talk Morgan Sage
Stringers Best Mate  Offline
Talk Morgan Sage

Northamptonshire UK
Originally Posted By Graham, G4FUJ
Originally Posted By asbojohn
Well said Alistair

The amount of shite on here from so called friends of Morgan is one of the reasons I don't post that often.

It's one of the reasons I'm losing interest in this forum (and the various Morgan email reflectors).

You're not alone, G.

Steve
Re: New road to success [Re: aerotaff] #564770
08/03/19 10:53 PM
08/03/19 10:53 PM
Llanelli
Ray Offline
Part of the Furniture
Ray  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Llanelli
We are becoming a negative thinking forum.just remember Morgan110 years is more than All of us have been on this planet.

.+8 Now gone for a 1800 4/4. Duratec in bright yellow.
Re: New road to success [Re: aerotaff] #564774
08/03/19 11:22 PM
08/03/19 11:22 PM
Hampshire
Alistair Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Alistair  Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Talk Morgan Sage

Hampshire
"Morgan is antique cars hand made, what we see now is sport cars with skyrocket price in a market overcrowded, how and where they will find their place ?. How many people here clearly said they can't afford the new +6, what will be their sell key point an obsolete design, antique construction (hand made) with ultra modern engine ? Who will buy such impractical cars at such price ? at 20, 30 40, 50K OK but near 100K excuse me but i don't see so many and with the tax in far east the price will be double. "

Again, I ask you, is this a reasoned discussion pertinent to a Morgan Forum or just a rant ? This is the last I am going to say on this thread as I cannot be bothered to waste internet oxygen on a complete waste of time.

You seem to have made a cosmic link from the Plus 6 launch to the fact that future Morgans are all going to cost £80k. I don't think that anyone said that the Plus 6 is intended to replace the Trad. No commentary in the press or from Morgan has made that statement? Did I miss where the company formally announced that the Plus 6 will kill and replace the Trad? No I saw a new model which was best compared to the Plus 8 based on the Aero Chassis. What was the price of that model (ignoring the very highly priced run out models @ £108k) ah yes £78k, so it's about the same as the old Aero based Plus 8?

There has not been a Trad Morgan for sale new at £20-30 or almost £40k for quite some time so I don't see your point. Options mean you will be looking at a starting point of £45k for a trad and realistically £50k for a +4, the Roadster is £65k today. Despite this Morgan had their best year for ages and have seen sales grow with these prices. Yes it has moved them out of the range of some unfortunately. So Morgan are selling a low volume UK made/assembled custom product, paying UK workforce salaries. How would you realistically expect this to compete with Dacia? If you don't see the value of the cars then they are just not for you, trot on and join a Dacia forum.

We are now almost at the year 2020 and prices have moved on everywhere. I just spec'd up a BMW 3 Series, now the most popular mid sized executive car for business in the UK, 2.0d M Sport, 2WD, a few of the usual options. It came to £44k at list for a mass market high volume car. A Z4 with the 3.0L engine costs £55-65k. It is made alongside a Toyota Supra. What's the unique draw of this car? When you consider the Morgan factory makes a largely hand built/assembled car in small numbers with UK costs and gets close to the cost of other cars I think it's quite impressive. A £10-15k difference for a clearly differentiated product is not unreasonable in this age. You can even choose a real colour and not just silver, white grey or black.

Define the difference for the taxation applied to the Plus 6 and the BMW Z4 3.0L in China?
Will someone with that much disposable income to buy a Z4 in China find that the Plus 6 was impossible to buy when the duty is that high?

As for Impractical. Yup. A Morgan is not for everyone. My hardtop Coupe leaked so badly I had to throw away one of my best suits. In the first two years of ownership the factory had the car almost as much as we did. Would we sell it, hell no. Did the front door staff at the Hotel de Paris in Monaco move a brand new Ferrari F12TdF to put a fly splattered Morgan Aero Coupe in front of the steps every day for a week. It was meant to be the holiday of a lifetime and that made it. We were treated better than millionaires because of the car.

If you want to rant on now then help yourself. Do me a favour and put in something fact based and informative to support it.

Just time to burn a little more petrol before dinner.
Re: New road to success [Re: aerotaff] #564784
09/03/19 01:18 AM
09/03/19 01:18 AM
Köln, Germany
Heinz Online content
Part of the Furniture
Heinz  Online Content
Part of the Furniture

Köln, Germany
What you say about the price trend I can underline, Alistair. I mean all brands, and Morgan is no exception, but still impressively positive that MMC can offer something so unique for a really moderate premium over a mass-produced sports car. Those who have the money and are conformists can easily spend more on an off-the-shelf mass sports car.

And what I'm saying now I've really thought about whether I'm writing it or just thinking for myself:

The Plus 6 is a strong signal of a new era. It is absolutely imaginative and desirable. If one is honest, it is coveted by many members.
There are groups that are very satisfied and happy with what they have, be it a Trad or something else. And these are also mostly the people who do not express negative thoughts in the changes at MMC.

And there are those who would like to have the Plus 6 but can't afford it. That was strangely never an issue with the Plus 8 Aero. The V8 has symbolically drawn a strict line. Because the Plus 6 is so good, there is a problem here because it is obviously more inviting than it is distancing itself.

The Plus 6 looks so cute and it is so great that many would like to have it. It sets financial limits but radiates other messages. It looks so inviting and has such a big factor to be desired that you want to dream of it. He doesn't show the delimitation of the V8 but stands for unattainable longings.

But the Plus 6 is expensive for factual reasons. It has an absolutely modern structure and a super chassis. It has one of the most modern and best engines in the world. It embodies a fantastic symbiosis of many factors that have been passionately discussed here for many years.

Now it's there...and it's not accessible to everyone. Then thoughts are projected onto the company....Is it okay with the investors? What about Morgan? etc.? In my opinion there is a projection behind it, namely "if I can't afford the great car, I distance myself from MMC by saying they become strangers to me.

This will never affect new customers, but some old customers will.

If MMC perceives this analysis, then they should consider the feelings of the existing customers who have a "Trad" but according to the new model are lecherous communicative.

In addition, there is the misunderstanding that the Plus 6 now replaces all Morgan, in other words, some people might get the impression that there is no longer an affordable Morgan for them. This increases the feeling of alienation.

If I were a market researcher who was allowed to tell something to Morgan, I would come to the following conclusion.

A deep core value of the brand is the family. Now the family idea must remain alive. This can be transferred to the model variants.

It is very understandable that MMC can be very proud of the Plus 6. But the next step could be to communicate the "family" of the different models. So that the family idea remains in the products.

Say something about the Trad models, say something about the 4/4's continued existence, etc. Show which line up you have in the whole. This will calm emotionally secure and involve all Morgan fans. Because the core idea of TM in particular is that we are a family.

We should no longer argue about what enriches our lives in such a fantastic way.

'14 4/4 graphite grey
Re: New road to success [Re: aerotaff] #564786
09/03/19 01:47 AM
09/03/19 01:47 AM
Northern England
Northernmorgan Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Northernmorgan  Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Northern England
Well said Alistair, Tim and Asbo👍

I’ve huge respect for Steve Morris and the way he has run the company through difficult times. I don’t see that he and the family will gone into this partnership with their eyes closed .

John
1936 Austin Seven Ulster Replica
Re: New road to success [Re: Northernmorgan] #564828
09/03/19 08:48 AM
09/03/19 08:48 AM
Cheltenham, Glos. UK
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog
Graham, G4FUJ  Offline
Salty Sea Dog
Member of the Inner Circle

Cheltenham, Glos. UK
Originally Posted By Northernmorgan
Well said Alistair, Tim and Asbo👍

I’ve huge respect for Steve Morris and the way he has run the company through difficult times. I don’t see that he and the family will gone into this partnership with their eyes closed .

thumbs thumbs

Graham (G4FUJ)

D8921 L44FOR '93 4/4 Giallo Fly 2 seat smile
'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper
Re: New road to success [Re: aerotaff] #564831
09/03/19 08:53 AM
09/03/19 08:53 AM
Cork
Chester.G Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Chester.G  Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Cork
@Alistair, it's not a rant at all, you see the situation with pink sun glass, i don't and others too.

The near future will tell us who is right who is wrong.

Have a good week-end

[edit] just few comment about the +6

Last edited by Chester.G; 09/03/19 09:03 AM.
Re: New road to success [Re: Chester.G] #564866
09/03/19 11:15 AM
09/03/19 11:15 AM
Northern England
Northernmorgan Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Northernmorgan  Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Northern England
Three views Chester and are they Morgan owners or potential Morgan owners? It’s very easy to go onto social media to make adverse comments. I’d rather trust the views of people on this forum myself.

John
1936 Austin Seven Ulster Replica
Re: New road to success [Re: aerotaff] #564867
09/03/19 11:20 AM
09/03/19 11:20 AM
A
aerotaff Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
aerotaff  Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
A

It looks lovely Jays but does make the plu6 look like a bit of a bargain, can't believe i said that.

Em

Re: New road to success [Re: aerotaff] #564868
09/03/19 11:24 AM
09/03/19 11:24 AM
A
aerotaff Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
aerotaff  Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
A

Sorry wrong thread answer again.....numpty.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Aeroman, Simon