Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online
1 registered (rcmatt), 20 Guests and 10 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Latest Photos
Turbo Plus 4 - final report
Sunny Shropshire!
As Ordered
Spring in Norway
Vehicle Lifts
Newest Topics
Fairbourne Screen Update
by Michael H
Yesterday at 09:22 PM
PSA - 1.6 Sigma - copper adapter is a weak link
by PerryP
Yesterday at 06:32 PM
Turbo Plus 4 Plus -- final report
by griffo
Yesterday at 04:44 PM
Dimension needed -Plus 8
by Culminator
Yesterday at 04:29 PM
Tesla (your car will go moonlighting!)
by Alistair
Yesterday at 02:02 PM
good new toy for smartphone photography
by Alistair
Yesterday at 01:21 PM
Happy St George's day
by Neptune
Yesterday at 10:23 AM
Newest Members
Andy Hatch, Toyracer59, Roxy Plus4, RobCol, Rsglush
6471 Registered Users
Shout Box

Forum Stats
6,471 Registered Members
33 Forums
34,856 Topics
562,551 Posts

Most users ever online: 341 @ 11/02/18 10:30 PM
Today's Birthdays
ianc
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#567466 - 19/03/19 06:44 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: PocketRocket]
HeadlessBlue Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Loc: North of Stamford, UK
Hi PocketRocket welcome to the fun palace.
Like you, am only a recent owner so look forward to getting random questions and responding with comments like “it’s amazing what you can do with papier-mâché “. I actually look forward to people asking coz then I can educate them, diplomatically of course.
Enjoy your car!!!
HB

#567469 - 19/03/19 07:02 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: PocketRocket]
ewn Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: NE Scotland
I can say in all honesty, “ I commissioned it to be hand made from scratch, all from brand new original parts, at the factory where they made them all those years ago”.

It sounds very impressive when you put it that way and if you did that with any other car first produced in 1936, you’d need very deep pockets and rockstar level of influence to get a factory to do it.

#567496 - 19/03/19 09:22 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: HeadlessBlue]
Ray Offline

Part of the Furniture

Loc: Llanelli
Originally Posted By HeadlessBlue
Hi PocketRocket welcome to the fun palace.
Like you, am only a recent owner so look forward to getting random questions and responding with comments like “it’s amazing what you can do with papier-mâché “. I actually look forward to people asking coz then I can educate them, diplomatically of course.
Enjoy your car!!!
HB
. Not when you've just bought an ice cream cone.

#567520 - 20/03/19 07:19 AM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: PocketRocket]
Graham, G4FUJ Offline
Salty Sea Dog
Member of the Inner Circle

Loc: Cheltenham, Glos. UK
I'm about to re-educate someone in the local Gloucestershire Wildlife Trust who believes that "Ash is used in the chassis of Morgan and Morris Traveller cars"... grin2

D8921 L44FOR '93 4/4 Giallo Fly 2 seat smile
'90 LR 90 SW
'07 MINI Cooper

#567564 - 20/03/19 12:48 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: PocketRocket]
Northernmorgan Offline

Learner Plates Off!

Loc: Northern England
Just tell them it’s a “continuation”.

Congratulations and enjoy!

#567623 - 20/03/19 04:53 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: PocketRocket]
Gambalunga Offline

Loc: Mandello del Lario, Lake Como,...
Even after I have given all the explanations more than once, as they walk away, I have heard the know-it-all tell his wife or friend "Just as I thought. It is a replica!"

#567625 - 20/03/19 04:56 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: PocketRocket]
PocketRocket Offline
New to Talk Morgan

Loc: California, USA
Thank you all for the welcome and input...

- I will utilize many of the suggestions... I will continue to explain that it is a new eighteen, and they are still being made, and they should get one! (got to keep the factory running).

- Due to the rarity of Morgans in the USA, I also get these questions, "Morgan", Who makes that?, Where does it come from?

- I hope you don't mind if I continue to ask for more input and suggestions, as fellow owners, you hold a wealth of knowledge and wisdom in your points of view.

- So let's keep the heritage alive, Happy Motoring to all... thank you!

Edited by PocketRocket (20/03/19 04:57 PM)

#567627 - 20/03/19 05:01 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: PocketRocket]
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog

Loc: Salisbury, UK
I was told by one "expert" that my 2104 Plus 8 is a "pastiche" , that is an imitation of the real Plus 8.
It may be so, but it is a factory one!

Opening the bonnet tends to convince people it is neither old or a kit....
One bright spark asked me if it was built on a Lotus Chassis turned round. I suppose that now with the Plus 6 it is almost true!

#567646 - 20/03/19 05:35 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: Peter J]
N22MOG Offline

Has a lot to Say!

Loc: Edenbridge, Kent, UK
I've had "experts" tell me that Morgans definitely had wooden chassis in the past and that my car can't possibly be a Plus 8 because it only had a single exhaust (not a problem now as I've had a twin sports exhaust fitted - Christmas present from SWMBO). When people are so adamant that they're right I find it easier to not argue with them, you'll never win anyway.

1996 Plus 8

#567697 - 20/03/19 10:14 PM Re: Continuously asked, Is it Real or a Kit? [Re: PocketRocket]
BertL Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Loc: Manitoba, Canada
PocketRocket-
Being a satisfied Morgan West client and cognizant of the fact that
a considerable amount of your time is now being invested in Morgan public relations anyway, clap
you might approach Dennis with a sales idea.....
idea
Have him load you up with some of his business cards, in order that you distribute them to potential clients as you see fit.
Naturally you have to agree on finder's fees or commission rate if you score. carrot
Wouldn't hurt to ask, or would it?.... hide
laugh2 laugh2 laugh2

shades Certainly would appreciate a photo-peek under the bonnet of your lovely car PR camera

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Aeroman, Boshly, Simon