Click here to return to the home page.
Classic Morgans
Who's Online Now
7 registered members (dmh, twotribes, GRB, TBM, +8Rich, HeadlessBlue, ChrisConvertible), 104 guests, and 22 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 194
John V6 144
CooperMan 126
Newest Topics
drives - the type in front of your house
by Grumpy2. 21/09/19 11:08 PM
Monza Historic
by Gambalunga. 21/09/19 10:03 PM
Wheels in Nairn
by Gordon D. 21/09/19 07:12 PM
New dash anyone ?
by +8Rich. 21/09/19 01:07 PM
Fuel pump failure scenario
by truckin-on. 20/09/19 09:52 PM
Ceramic Coating for the MOG
by DaveK. 20/09/19 07:19 PM
A Celebration of Morgan at Haynes
by +8Rich. 20/09/19 05:51 PM
Latest Photos
Sol's three wheeler.
A trip to Kent
Roads less travelled 6
Sports exhaust or not?
Riley pics
Newest Members
lankymos, NeillC, GaertnerMorgan, saye, morgan3wheeler
6692 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics36,222
Posts585,152
Members6,692
Most Online569
Sep 8th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Peter1062
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Report in German weekly magazin with video #591755
25/08/19 06:04 PM
25/08/19 06:04 PM
Stuttgart, Germany
Tom3W Offline OP
Just Getting Started
Tom3W  Offline OP
Just Getting Started

Stuttgart, Germany

once: Black M3W with „Jaffa“ leather; 2015
now: Sport grey 4/4 with black leather; 2017
Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Tom3W] #591760
25/08/19 06:27 PM
Köln, Germany
Heinz Offline
Part of the Furniture
Heinz  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Köln, Germany
A fair and positive article written by a guy who obviously is not an insider but he gets the point about the character and the experiences of driving a Morgan and the Plus 6 in special. He does not tell about the „revolution“ re the CX frame but not so many main stream reader are aware of the Trad frame and the differences anyway. The writer is impressed that a small team of experts has developed the Plus 6 in only 3 years and he points out that the team can be proud about their result. I thought the P6 has power steering, the author thinks she has not, but that is not of greater importance I think. This is „Der Spiegel“, a weekly political magazine and not a cars enthusiasts magazine therefore the article is positive and ok.

What I like is that it compares the Plus 6 with the Z4 to the extent that the BMW comes up with many electronic gimmicks, driving dynamics programs, etc. He says that these are only gimmicks that can't hide the fact that the Plus 6 is honest and has a much better power-to-weight ratio. That's an important point, because for us, German cars are almost always written in good terms.

Last edited by Heinz; 25/08/19 06:41 PM.

'14 4/4 graphite grey
Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Tom3W] #591761
Suffolk
John V6 Offline
Member of the Inner Circle
John V6  Offline
Member of the Inner Circle

Suffolk
It seems they like it, good for MMC

JohnV6
2006 Indigo Blue Roadster S1
Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Tom3W] #591772
25/08/19 07:04 PM
25/08/19 07:04 PM
Stuttgart, Germany
Tom3W Offline OP
Just Getting Started
Tom3W  Offline OP
Just Getting Started

Stuttgart, Germany

once: Black M3W with „Jaffa“ leather; 2015
now: Sport grey 4/4 with black leather; 2017
Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Tom3W] #591775
25/08/19 07:16 PM
25/08/19 07:16 PM
Cologne, Germany
Jens Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Jens  Offline
Learner Plates Off!

Cologne, Germany
Interesting comment from a Spiegel reader:

"Nichts mehr für Puristen...
Schade eigentlich, dass der Wagen jetzt eher eine Karikatur seiner selbst ist.Klar, Morgan versucht natürlich mit dem Auto zu überleben. Aber wenn das so aussieht, dass es stilmässig überhaupt nicht mehr zusammen passt (Karrosserieform vs Räder/Lenkrad/Sitze), sollte man mal fragen: Wollen wir es nicht lieber sein lassen?"

Last edited by Jens; 25/08/19 07:17 PM.

2003 Morgan 4/4 2-seater
1946 Indian Chief
Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Tom3W] #591787
25/08/19 08:40 PM
25/08/19 08:40 PM
Germany, Rhein-Main Area
X
xc68anc Offline
L - Learner Plates On
xc68anc  Offline
L - Learner Plates On
X

Germany, Rhein-Main Area
I'm german. And often I think "the (silly) germans"...

I'm still in basic motorvehicles. "vehikel" in german is still bad. For me it's basic thing I understand. So my collection are a lot of Reynolds 531 bicycles, a Vespa 150 Sprint (birthdaypresent from my grandma), a classic Mini and after some time to wait a +4
ups, forgetten a 2002 Harley FXDX. All great stuff. All I can handle. Every time if possible I can get spares and can fix it myself.

A (in germany) forgetten culture. Also forgetten: to work for get great ride, at my journey some "Volkswagen plus" drivers are faster than me and cut my way on belgium motorways. I think bad in this moments. But at the end of the days (today) the summary: big journey, lot of fun and satisfying.

As I was home after collecting my Mog a neighbour says: no car for IKEA. May bee, let's the germans go to IKEA...

The germans are still around their "great hatchback golf gti"... That's not the cup of tea. My father has a Alfa Guilia in the 1960ies, it's the same horsepower, the same Vmax and the same zero to 60 as the golf.

Where is the point? The germans allways build "workware" as M&S, no stuff filling the soul. And: after a visit in Britain I give my british car magazines to an german TÜV engineer... He's glad to have a loveful lecture. Let's the germans calling "Erbsen".

René

Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Tom3W] #591789
25/08/19 09:14 PM
25/08/19 09:14 PM
Köln, Germany
Heinz Offline
Part of the Furniture
Heinz  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Köln, Germany
But not all Germans are the way you describe them, René. Today I was with my son in Breidscheid near Adenau for a coffee. There is the second Nordschleife entrance. It is unbelievable how many crazy petrol heads are on the way there. There is always a really great atmosphere, which is characterized by great tolerance and mutual respect. Whether brand new Porsche 911 GT2 or Ferrari or restored 1975 Opel Kadett, or classic Alfa or Lotus Elise or Morgan or expensive classic gullwing doors. Hobbyists, DIY mechanics, drivers who only cruise, semi professional racing drivers, simply everything. A large friendly community that shares the joy in the end. But also a lot of people with fun cars of all kinds from all across Europe. In all countries you have also people who don't get through this.
Whenever I'm there I don't get the impression that people want to pose with it, ok of course there's some self-portrayal involved. But much more important is the feeling of being on a small island, where you are left alone by all the hostility.

'14 4/4 graphite grey
Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Jens] #591792
25/08/19 09:29 PM
25/08/19 09:29 PM
Köln, Germany
Heinz Offline
Part of the Furniture
Heinz  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Köln, Germany
Originally Posted by Jens
Interesting comment from a Spiegel reader:

"Nichts mehr für Puristen...
Schade eigentlich, dass der Wagen jetzt eher eine Karikatur seiner selbst ist.Klar, Morgan versucht natürlich mit dem Auto zu überleben. Aber wenn das so aussieht, dass es stilmässig überhaupt nicht mehr zusammen passt (Karrosserieform vs Räder/Lenkrad/Sitze), sollte man mal fragen: Wollen wir es nicht lieber sein lassen?"

There will always be people who underestimate the need for change if you want to survive as a company. The writer of the letter to the editor has enough choice of traditional Morgan. Wheels, steering wheel and seats will always remain a question of personal taste, but also of necessities.

'14 4/4 graphite grey
Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Tom3W] #591804
26/08/19 05:52 AM
26/08/19 05:52 AM
H
howard Offline
Part of the Furniture
howard  Offline
Part of the Furniture
H

Given that very few Brits have the linguistic skills of Heinz, can you tell us what it said?

Re: Report in German weekly magazin with video [Re: Heinz] #591806
26/08/19 05:59 AM
26/08/19 05:59 AM
Germany, Rhein-Main Area
X
xc68anc Offline
L - Learner Plates On
xc68anc  Offline
L - Learner Plates On
X

Germany, Rhein-Main Area
Originally Posted by Heinz
But not all Germans are the way you describe them, René. Today I was with my son in Breidscheid near Adenau for a coffee. There is the second Nordschleife entrance. It is unbelievable how many crazy petrol heads are on the way there. There is always a really great atmosphere, which is characterized by great tolerance and mutual respect. Whether brand new Porsche 911 GT2 or Ferrari or restored 1975 Opel Kadett, or classic Alfa or Lotus Elise or Morgan or expensive classic gullwing doors. Hobbyists, DIY mechanics, drivers who only cruise, semi professional racing drivers, simply everything. A large friendly community that shares the joy in the end. But also a lot of people with fun cars of all kinds from all across Europe. In all countries you have also people who don't get through this.
Whenever I'm there I don't get the impression that people want to pose with it, ok of course there's some self-portrayal involved. But much more important is the feeling of being on a small island, where you are left alone by all the hostility.

Hello Heinz, at home we're a group of petrolheads, and around also there where some mad guys. One told his wife a 911is so cheap as his "Firmenwagen". (He has a lot of budget for it), another has a California, the next one is in classic MINIs.

You see I know this side too. But in my neighbourhood it sounds: what is about the weather? Can you use it for to buy some stuff from the DIYmarket? My brother says: what are the special things? And: I'll never pay such much money for so less car...
And I visit the factory the first time 30years ago and some times more. As I saw the aluminiumchassis for the AERO I ask: do you bulid the chassis for the ELISE? At this time the AERO was "secret". As I heard the answer and he shows me one of the first cars I think they are on right way. That's what I think about the +6. Two different kind of customers. The classic ones for the "DIY boys", the new one for lefthanded.

But for the point, fresh back from Britain I've got a lot of british car magazines in my bags, all great stuff. And the difference: they see the +6 in an totally other way. In my eyes MORGAN is the only carbuilder which makes it's "retro modell" in the same time as the "original" is in line.

Hallo Heinz,

zuhause sind wir eine Clique "Benzinverrückter", und um mich herum sind da auch einige mehr. Einer hat seiner Frau schön gerechnet ein 911er wäre genau so teuer wie sein geldwerter Vorteil beim Firmenwagen (er hat da allerdings auch ein recht hohes Budget), ein Anderer hat einen Califonia, und einige haben alte MINIs.

Ich kenne also klar diese Seite. Aber als ich mit dem Morgan letztes Jahr nachhause kam überwogen aber die Stimmen wie "wie ist das bei Schlechtwetter", "In den Baumarkt kannst Du damit aber nicht". Mein Bruder fragte mich nach nach den Extras. Nach der Anwort meinte er "für sowenig Auto würde ich nicht soviel Geld ausgeben".

Vor 30 Jahren habe ich zum ersten Mal die "Factory" besucht und noch einige male in der Zwischenzeit. Irgendwann sah ich Aluminiumchassis auf dem Gelände. Damals gab es noch keine Führungen, ich fragte also einen der Mitarbeiter. De war ganz stolz und sagte "das ist unsere neues Modell, Alu, geklebt und genietet - von einem befreundeten Luftfahrunternehmen für uns produziert". Und ich durfte den "noch geheimen" AERO sehen. Ich war begeistert, zwei so extreme Autos nebeneinander. So sehe ich das auch mit dem +6, zwei völlig unterschiedliche Kundengruppen. Der "Alte" für die Freunde des klassischen und des auch mal selbst die Hand anlegen, der "Neue" für Individualisten mit zwei linken Händen.

Zurück zu den "Erbsenzählern", frisch zurück von der Insel habe ich einige englische Automagazine im Gepäck, die sehen im +6 das wofür und warum er gebaut wird. Da tun sich die deutschen Schreiberlinge schwer. In meinen Augen ist MORGAN der einzige Hersteller der jetzt sein Retromodell zeitgleich mit dem alten Auto in Produktion hat.

Gruß René

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Aeroman, Simon