Click here to return to the home page.
Classic Morgans
Who's Online Now
19 registered members (TBM, CooperMan, Burgundymog, Gordon D, M3W55, Graham, G4FUJ, Alan Patterson, planenut, Obie, Redfate, MarioCP, HJP, SFO, Richard Wood, britmog, +8Rich, James B W, Jon G4LJW, Image), 117 guests, and 14 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 317
John V6 252
TBM 164
Alistair 151
Hamwich 148
Newest Topics
Up, Up, and Away....
by Jon G4LJW. 22/09/20 05:08 PM
Car Insurance !!
by Alistair. 22/09/20 04:46 PM
parking brake adjustment
by rcmatt. 22/09/20 01:38 PM
Outdoor temperature sensor
by peterd. 22/09/20 11:10 AM
Fitting LED lights in the under tray
by John V6. 22/09/20 11:01 AM
Hello from Nidderdale North Yorks
by NiddMog. 21/09/20 11:14 PM
Maltese style head restraints
by +8Rich. 21/09/20 09:30 PM
Latest Photos
wait for it
Stonor breakfast club - Oxfordshire
Cotswold Classic Tour 19/9/20
Rattray and Troup 4/4 80th
A grand day out
Newest Members
Koopz, hashluck, KennyW, David Stepanis, Malroy
7166 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics39,433
Posts650,780
Members7,166
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Peter1062
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14
Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: RobCol] #604512
21/11/19 09:04 PM
21/11/19 09:04 PM
London and Hertfordshire, UK
Quicksilver Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
Quicksilver  Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!

Originally Posted by RobCol
Originally Posted by Quicksilver

That’s a great looking car and, coincidentally, I went to see it today at London Morgan to check out the Imperial trim, which I’ve decided to go for. As you say, it’s pretty classy. I like the Crayon Grey as well.

Great Choice!

London Morgan do order some beautiful colour and interior combinations and specs. I would be interested to see how Crayon Grey compares with Dove Grey to see whether Crayon is worth the extra for non standard paint. I like the whole spec of that car though, it looks superb and Imperial is definitely one of the nicest interiors in my opinion.

Porsche Crayon Grey is a fantastic colour but I still prefer dove grey on the Roadster. I saw a Plus 6 at the factory last week in Porsche Crayon Grey and it looked good on the wider bodied car.

David
2020 Roadster 3.7 Dove Grey.
Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Heinz] #604528
21/11/19 11:48 PM
21/11/19 11:48 PM
Quicksilver Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
Quicksilver  Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!

Originally Posted by Heinz
Mulberry is a good match in my view because it shares some bluish notes with dove grey. Imperial might be more decent but it is mismatching in the sense that dove grey is a „colder“ tone than mulberry is as well and imperial is more a „warmer“ one.

Mulberry with dove grey looks special and somehow modern but the contrast is sixties alike.

But I must admit that I never saw the combination of imperial with dove grey in the metal. So congrats to your choice, Quicksilver!

Oh it is another grey! I just saw the link, a very tasteful combination.

Thanks Heinz. But I stilll have a week to confirm my spec and with me it’s possible that everything will change overnights 😏

David
Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Quicksilver] #604530
22/11/19 12:39 AM
22/11/19 12:39 AM
Köln Germany
Heinz Offline
Charter Member
Heinz  Offline
Charter Member

Köln Germany
When I bought my first Morgan in 2005, I chose everything freely. I went half mad. First it should be Mercedes Midnight Blue, with a dark red interior. Then I saw that Indigo looked a bit fresher. But at the same time I changed from dark red to mulberry interior. Later I thought that stone would fit better to Indigo. That's how I ordered it. But the car came with mulberry interior. I had no complaint it was ok. But what a torture!
Just, it was a months long nightmare. My second Morgan was ready configured at the dealer, Velvet green with Bisquit interior. My wife liked this car the best. The third Morgan was a sport where I had only a few colors to choose from anyway. It was Teal with black, cool, but a bit cold. The P4SS was RAF blue. A color I could never choose so well myself. And the current Morgan for five years was an ex display that I found as it is. I've been very happy with her color for a long time. But sometimes I think that a new colour is very charming. Maybe it's that I like to stay with the brand. But another colour signals the new desire when everything else is the same. It's actually crazy.

What I want to say is, the free choice is not always freedom. It can become a suffering.

If I would ever configure a new Morgan again, it would probably be the same agony. Because color preferences change in the course of life. Maybe my last Morgan, if today's is not the last, would be Mercedes Arab Grey with a dark red but pastel interior.
It's very extraordinary with a Morgan. I love my current car and I have done a lot of fine tuning to make it as it is. For this reason I don't want any other Morgan. She is a personality. But...The desire for a different colour and/or a new interior reminds me that we are always the same in terms of a person. We have a good feeling of always being the same person. Only...we don't always wear the same clothes. You want to stay consistent but you want to see yourself in a different light through clothing or fashion. That's how it is when you stay true to a Morgan where nothing else changes over all the years (related to the last 40 years Trad). That's why the choice of colour and the choice of interior is so important to us. With a later Morgan perhaps even more so than with the first.

Actually I am still very much in love with my 4/4. And actually she looks very cool with black leather. And actually I should wash and care for her more often.
But my color, which I still like very much, would also look very nice classically with such a red leather.
Here is my colour on the original car.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Heinz; 22/11/19 03:03 AM.

'14 4/4 graphite grey
Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Quicksilver] #604544
22/11/19 08:43 AM
22/11/19 08:43 AM
Quicksilver Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
Quicksilver  Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!

I totally agree, Heinz. There is nothing worse than the agony of choice. However, that Mercedes is a gorgeous colour combination and there is something quite 60’s about a car with a red interior.

I went through the same agony with my last Roadster and solved it by going for the standard combination of Black and Tan, which looked classy and simple. But I have always loved a red interior.

I noticed that our member Gatewright had a lovely Dove Grey Plus 4 which looked like it had Imperial Trim. I have sent him a PM to confirm.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 22/11/19 08:58 AM.

David
Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Quicksilver] #604580
22/11/19 01:12 PM
22/11/19 01:12 PM
S
SFO Online content
Talk Morgan Regular
SFO  Online Content
Talk Morgan Regular
S

My dearly departed ARP4 in Porsche Fashion Grey with red carpets and chocolate leather 😍

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Quicksilver] #604581
22/11/19 01:46 PM
22/11/19 01:46 PM
Quicksilver Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
Quicksilver  Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!

I love that, SFO. Looks beautiful and the chocolate leather sets it off beautifully.

David
Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Quicksilver] #604582
22/11/19 02:28 PM
22/11/19 02:28 PM
Lancashire
RobCol Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
RobCol  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Lancashire
Originally Posted by Quicksilver
I totally agree, Heinz. There is nothing worse than the agony of choice. However, that Mercedes is a gorgeous colour combination and there is something quite 60’s about a car with a red interior.

I went through the same agony with my last Roadster and solved it by going for the standard combination of Black and Tan, which looked classy and simple. But I have always loved a red interior.

Also agree that the Mercs are lovely. Although the seats are bright red they are nicely patinated. I knew someone who had a Volvo 122s in a similar colour combination in the 1960's. My dad also had a Jaguar in Cornish grey over Mist grey in the 1960's and this may explain why I like grey as I think its a period and retro colour that looks great on a Morgan. I've even put a 1966 registration plate on my car.

I love the Sport Grey with Saddle leather on my car and don't think id ever fall out with the colour. It was an easy choice however as I didn't buy new. Given the choice of 40,000 colours, I think id have a real problem deciding. I do like 1960's colours on a Morgan so Jaguar Cornish Grey might be my choice partly for sentimental reasons though its probably only a little darker than Dove Grey.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by RobCol; 22/11/19 02:45 PM. Reason: photo

Rob

4/4 Sport Grey

Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Quicksilver] #605141
26/11/19 02:22 PM
26/11/19 02:22 PM
Somerset, UK
P
PaulJ Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
PaulJ  Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
P

Somerset, UK
It's interesting that colours are all about fashion and Grey is now a fashionable colour. I'm not knocking it, my last new tiptop, a showroom spec'd car is in metallic dark grey, but a few years ago, well, 10 - 15 anyway grey was seen as a non colour, it was all about metallic silver then, now bingo, half the cars on the road are one shade of grey or another.

I agree with Heinz, choosing a colour scheme from scratch is like heaven and hell both together. My current +4 was pre-specced by Krazy Horse, who are not known for being too conservative, so I have matte red paintwork, but apart from my pal Budster asking me when I am gong to get the final topcoat applied, I love it now, although would not recommend it it for day to day use, as it cannot easily be touched up or have scratches buffed out.

For me, I do not like to have a completely free choice of colour scheme, whatever is pre-determined is usually loved eventually.

Paul
[Beginning to get the best out of the ARP4]
Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Quicksilver] #605377
28/11/19 11:54 AM
28/11/19 11:54 AM
Quicksilver Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!
Quicksilver  Offline OP
Has a lot to Say!

My Spec has finally gone to Morgan so the agony of choice will give way to the agony of waiting. I’m trying to give it a 60’s look.

Roadster in Dove Grey with Imperial trim.
Walnut dash and wood Moto Lita.
Black pack - but minus the black headlight surrounds.
Black traditional 9 stud mohair hood and tonneau.
5 Black Wires.
Louvered spare wheel cover - love that and think the price is reasonable.
Wing mounted side lights.
Baby Doll valance.
Door pockets.
Heated seats.
Clear indicator lenses.
Start button.
Chassis rails and door checks.
Union Jack badges.

I’ll fit a few extras post delivery such as chrome mirrors and the all important Librands Sports Exhaust. I’m also going to replace the Roadster badge with the old diagonal Morgan script badge.

It’s come out about 4 k more than I budgeted for - mainly due to the fact that the 110 package is no longer available. But try as I might I could not find a way to bring the cost down by much. The only thing I found to delete was the build book - I had it on my last car and whilst it’s nice to have, it only gets looked at once then goes on the book shelf. Not really worth the money.

Thanks every one for your advice and suggestions.

Last edited by Quicksilver; 28/11/19 11:57 AM.

David
Re: New Roadster Spec at last. [Re: Quicksilver] #605381
28/11/19 12:16 PM
28/11/19 12:16 PM
Lancashire, England
Stewart S Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan
Stewart S  Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan
Member of the Inner Circle

Lancashire, England
Cool

What colour is the Imperial leather?

(I assume it’s not soap coloured) !

Just on the rear badge front

It doesn’t look too bad putting the Morgan Script badge on the other side and keeping the Roadster badge

I did that but I just had the Morgan badge so added the Roadster badge

The two badges have different pin positions so to replace you have to fill the old holes and repaint so it’s quite a job and in my opinion not worth doing on a new Mog

[Linked Image]

2008 XXVII Platform, Bugatti Blue Roadster 4 Seater
Page 3 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 13 14

Moderated by  Aeroman, Simon