Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
2 registered members (Esprit, waikiore), 104 guests, and 39 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
John V6 450
+8Rich 415
Hawki 179
Newest Topics
Sweet Painted Lady
by +8Rich. 09/07/20 09:15 PM
door handle cylinder barrels
by BigLes. 09/07/20 07:19 PM
E10 Fuel Parts
by DaveK. 09/07/20 02:23 PM
Group runs out.
by Hawki. 09/07/20 12:28 PM
MULFAB Panhard Rod
by Grumpy2. 09/07/20 08:13 AM
Brooklands Wheel from MMC
by Perry_P_M3W. 08/07/20 10:55 PM
Loose Marbles
by +8Rich. 08/07/20 06:46 PM
Latest Photos
Another Great Escape. Caister Motor Museum
RUY255 on Autosport Cover
why we love living in the mountains
Our 2020 Morgan Plus 4   110 Anniversary Model
My new Plus Four
Newest Members
Saxonian, GlenB 4475, Simon m wright, dominicalbarn, Sib8292
7053 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics38,746
Posts636,944
Members7,053
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Stevey B, Sukram, waikiore
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Where to go first #641335
31/05/20 05:52 AM
31/05/20 05:52 AM
Norfolk
T
thelastgizmo Offline OP
L - Learner Plates On
thelastgizmo  Offline OP
L - Learner Plates On
T

Norfolk
Woke up this morning to find that shielded people will be allowed out from tomorrow. Nothing on the news this morning but is on their web site. Hope it's not fake news! Presumably to be announced this afternoon. So can go for a drive. Where to first?

Last edited by thelastgizmo; 31/05/20 06:14 AM.
Re: Where to go first [Re: thelastgizmo] #641344
31/05/20 07:15 AM
31/05/20 07:15 AM
Edenbridge, Kent, UK
N22MOG Offline
Has a lot to Say!
N22MOG  Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Edenbridge, Kent, UK
I don’t think it’s quite that straightforward thelastgizmo, it seems that some people have received a text telling them that they don’t need to shield any longer whereas some others have received a message telling them that they should extend their shielding until the end of June. Not sure who’s made the decisions and on what basis but I’ve read that some people contacted their GP to get confirmation and the GPs knew nothing about it. Yet more lack of clarity when what people really want is clear advice.
Sorry to shot you down but wouldn’t want you to be misled.

Steve L.

1996 Plus 8
Re: Where to go first [Re: thelastgizmo] #641428
31/05/20 02:08 PM
31/05/20 02:08 PM
L
Luddite Offline
Has a lot to Say!
Luddite  Offline
Has a lot to Say!
L

The more freedoms extended, the more confusion would seem to exist..? Stay at home to SAVE the NHS from being overwhelmed is very simply the foundation on which it was hoped to reduce the spread of infection to EVERYONE..? . During lockdown it seemed regardless of social distancing measures taken in supermarkets with separated up and down isles clearly marked, it seems there was a degree of confusion, thus shopping became an accepted risk..?

It would seem that as soon as the message altered it would seem to have added a degree of complexity to the extent that people created their own interpretations to fit their personal priorities, witness crowded beaches etc. etc.etc..?

As for shielded people, well I guess if (in Scotland) you have received notification in the mail to inform you that you have been identified as one such, there would seem to be little confusion that there exists a different instruction set to follow for YOUR OWN GOOD.. .. The Cummings arrogance is no excuse, if you too wish to take chances, it`s your life, but also an increased drain on the poor folk in the NHS who no doubt would be somewhat tired at this stage in the game...? Blaming Cummings for YOU catching Covid seems rather futile....?

ME..? I am in the 70+ category thus determined as at risk, which I guess is different from shielded, but with miserable lung performance and a couple of stents, I suspect I am at risk to some degree more than my good lady who claims to be younger than I, and fortunately with no such issues... (-: But someone ever has to draw a line, and if it is drawn at 70, then so be it.

We usually utilised supermarket delivery services, pre Covid, though converted to click and collect to free up delivery space for shielded folk. Click and collect in our area has worked well enough and social distancing has proved to be no problem to date. That it also gives the family car a run also fits in rather well enough.

Our last click and collect appointment was on Friday last, and noted quite an increase in traffic on the roads, though the C&C worked as well as ever, that it is near a large B&Q noted that the car park there was really quite busy given Fri was the first day garden centres were opened hereabouts..! Thus one has to accept folk are prepared to take risks with their health to buy plants etc... I do hope that the numbers infected as the result of more freedoms does not increase greatly... Though from that which I have seen on TV, it seems logical(?) that the infection rate should rise, by how much will determine govt next set of guidelines..?

The Spring weather hereabouts has most unusually been full of great Morganeering weather.... I will just have to resist the temptation, in the hope that in this phase the NHS do not suffer from the extension to freedoms, that being the case I suspect if the next phase comes to pass then I hope to get out for a drive in the Mog, rain,hail or shine...(-: Though other than that I will carry on as before, for our own good, caring not what anyone else thinks or does... fingers crossed..

The attempt at balancing act between human health and the health of the economy would seem so very difficult indeed, I guess in time political correctness may be binned and the risk factor to humans health will be ever more sacrificed, regardless of the political messaging.. Seems we are overpopulated as it is... as is the world in general....Hmm..?

Moderated by  Aeroman, Simon