Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
24 registered members (sospan, Katanazz, Paul F, MOGSWE, docock, Richard Wood, howard, Kdog, DavidR, Pmh44, BuyBritish, RBW, MikeFromPembroke, IcePack, Tim1598, Leroy, Steve3.9+8, tmg513, Elcyd, Rog G, bmgermany, BigSteve, Stringers Best Mate, HJP), 196 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
John V6 365
+8Rich 231
TBM 162
CooperMan 122
Newest Topics
Mosquito Back to the Skies
by Steve3.9+8. 21/10/20 07:09 PM
DRIVERS DOOR DROP..
by KEVFITZ. 21/10/20 04:33 PM
Three wheelers galore
by Richard Wood. 21/10/20 03:42 PM
Another Configurator
by Jon G4LJW. 21/10/20 03:23 PM
For all you Landie buffs
by athelstan. 21/10/20 09:26 AM
Anyone used Colourlock on leather?
by Andrew1806. 20/10/20 08:53 PM
Magnecor leads
by thelastgizmo. 20/10/20 07:27 PM
Latest Photos
Malvern Show 2
Malvern Show 1
MGB`s can corrode..?
Winter Project
How now brown cow
Newest Members
Ingenious, JMT, Brian G, beetle back, Apple58
7185 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics39,635
Posts655,421
Members7,185
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
paul
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Hi from Knebworth [Re: AndyN] #646210
23/06/20 11:15 AM
23/06/20 11:15 AM
Suffolk Uk.
Hawki Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
Hawki  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Suffolk Uk.
Originally Posted by AndyN
I've always wanted a Morgan and with things as they are, combined with the fact that Morgan were discontinuing the traditional cars, we decided that it might be the last chance to realise a dream. We then test drove a new Roadster and a New Plus Four. They look similar enough to the man in the street but the driving experience is very different. We have a Mercedes C43 and an Audi TT as our daily drivers and the Plus Four was pretty similar to those cars, wheras the Roadster is a traditional and far more involved drive. I wanted a true Morgan and not something that looked like a Morgan but drove like a modern car. Nothing wrong with that but it isn't what I wanted. And you can't have bumpers, the steering wheel is horrible, and don't get me started on the gear lever on the automatic!

I totally understand your choice. I loved the new Morgan but also felt it had lost something. I think you have bought one of the Last new Classic cars. I wonder what will happen to residuals over time? My guess is the trads may not do as well as the CX cars in the short term but suspect longer term that could well flip over and the trads be the more sought after.

Re: Hi from Knebworth [Re: Hawki] #646348
23/06/20 09:17 PM
23/06/20 09:17 PM
Knebworth, Herts
A
AndyN Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
AndyN  Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
A

Knebworth, Herts
Originally Posted by Hawki
Originally Posted by AndyN
I've always wanted a Morgan and with things as they are, combined with the fact that Morgan were discontinuing the traditional cars, we decided that it might be the last chance to realise a dream. We then test drove a new Roadster and a New Plus Four. They look similar enough to the man in the street but the driving experience is very different. We have a Mercedes C43 and an Audi TT as our daily drivers and the Plus Four was pretty similar to those cars, wheras the Roadster is a traditional and far more involved drive. I wanted a true Morgan and not something that looked like a Morgan but drove like a modern car. Nothing wrong with that but it isn't what I wanted. And you can't have bumpers, the steering wheel is horrible, and don't get me started on the gear lever on the automatic!

I totally understand your choice. I loved the new Morgan but also felt it had lost something. I think you have bought one of the Last new Classic cars. I wonder what will happen to residuals over time? My guess is the trads may not do as well as the CX cars in the short term but suspect longer term that could well flip over and the trads be the more sought after.

I think you might be right there, but I think for me, it'll be of interest for insurance purposes only for many years yet! I've just realised a long held dream and I have no intention of letting it go!

2020 Sport Green Roadster
Re: Hi from Knebworth [Re: AndyN] #647172
28/06/20 06:31 AM
28/06/20 06:31 AM
North of Stamford, UK
HeadlessBlue Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
HeadlessBlue  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

North of Stamford, UK
Welcome to TM Andy.
My first trip in a Morgan was in a new 2010 Roadster hired for 24 hours from the factory (and was then driven by Charles Morgan to a show in Earls Court-they had lent us the wrong car we were told!). When driven, I kept on stalling pulling away in 1st and started to question my left foot out loud as well as my driving capabilities. It was only since coming on TM that I realise this can happen with that car.
Thus TM can be medicinal as well as useful for tech support.... 👍
HB

Mogless, but prev 2019 P4 - “Florence”
2020 Tesla Model 3 AWD LR - “Ernie”
2016 A3 S Line
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  Aeroman, Simon