Click here to return to the home page.
Classic Morgans
Who's Online Now
18 registered members (flyfisher, M3W55, John V6, TBM, Spanner Juggler, Jon G4LJW, JB62, WarBird, Tresco, Paul F, Ian Wegg, nick w, paulmog, TimG, Shooter, Scrambledsignals, Player99, Image), 176 guests, and 24 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
John V6 364
+8Rich 236
TBM 162
CooperMan 122
Newest Topics
Another Configurator
by Jon G4LJW. 21/10/20 03:23 PM
For all you Landie buffs
by athelstan. 21/10/20 09:26 AM
Anyone used Colourlock on leather?
by Andrew1806. 20/10/20 08:53 PM
Magnecor leads
by thelastgizmo. 20/10/20 07:27 PM
Historic Vanwall to return
by DirkM. 20/10/20 05:01 PM
Westovers
by Viper. 20/10/20 04:52 PM
HD cyclecar...?
by Luddite. 20/10/20 03:09 PM
Latest Photos
Malvern Show 2
Malvern Show 1
MGB`s can corrode..?
Winter Project
How now brown cow
Newest Members
Ingenious, JMT, Brian G, beetle back, Apple58
7185 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics39,631
Posts655,378
Members7,185
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
paul
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Re: White van man strikes [Re: John V6] #659180
29/08/20 08:33 AM
29/08/20 08:33 AM
Powick
tmg513 Offline
Talk Morgan Expert
tmg513  Offline
Talk Morgan Expert

Powick
Originally Posted by John V6
Well they just called me up all sweetness & light did the folks from AEGEAS as if yesterday was a dream.
They wanted to know the location of my car & hire car. I asked why I should provide this info to people who bribe & threaten me & they told me I needed too.
I then asked if legally I must do this given they were dealing insurer to insurer & they backed off.

They seem to be looking at all ways to trap me & push costs back to me. I have told them firmly I am not a post box.

The best of luck with sorting it out. Do the insurance companies have a code of conduct they're supposed to adhere to? I'd be looking for someone to complain to about them.

1972 4/4 2 Seater
Re: White van man strikes [Re: tmg513] #659196
29/08/20 09:52 AM
29/08/20 09:52 AM
Lancashire, England
Stewart S Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan
Stewart S  Offline
Wave & smile... It's a Morgan
Member of the Inner Circle

Lancashire, England
Originally Posted by tmg513
Well they just called me up all sweetness & light did the folks from AEGEAS as if yesterday was a dream.
They wanted to know the location of my car & hire car. I asked why I should provide this info to people who bribe & threaten me & they told me I needed too.
I then asked if legally I must do this given they were dealing insurer to insurer & they backed off.

They seem to be looking at all ways to trap me & push costs back to me. I have told them firmly I am not a post box.

The best of luck with sorting it out. Do the insurance companies have a code of conduct they're supposed to adhere to? I'd be looking for someone to complain to about them.

There is an insurance ombudsman but having got them involved before, my view is they are a complete waste of time - a bunch of wet lettuces that use the phrase ‘we don’t find the insurer to have acted unreasonably in this case’ quite a lot

2008 XXVII Platform, Bugatti Blue Roadster 4 Seater
Re: White van man strikes [Re: John V6] #659311
30/08/20 06:54 AM
30/08/20 06:54 AM
Yorkshireman living in Surrey
Bonesie Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
Bonesie  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Good luck, John.I feel your pain :-(

Im insured with Headly/Hiscox

I think headly are ok, they seamed to push things along but Hiscox are a bag of sh*te

Took six months to get my excess cash back from repairs after my prang and I had video evidence of it !

Last edited by Bonesie; 30/08/20 07:03 AM.

Bonesie

Current stead -'The Captain' Black +4

'Life is like a garden, dig it' *Joe Dirt farmer
Re: White van man strikes [Re: John V6] #659335
30/08/20 09:02 AM
30/08/20 09:02 AM
Llanelli
sospan Offline
Talk Morgan Guru
sospan  Offline
Talk Morgan Guru

Llanelli
One problem area is the use of claim management companies by the insurers. There are horror stories about inflated costs for hire of courtesy cars, which repair shop to use and many more. Having read a few in Pistonheads it is wise to question, query, read the conditions before signing anything.

Red Plus8
Re: White van man strikes [Re: John V6] #659354
30/08/20 10:33 AM
30/08/20 10:33 AM
Suffolk
John V6 Online content OP
John V6  Online Content OP

Suffolk
Bonsie what camera do you use on your car. i am think of getting some.

JohnV6
2006 Indigo Blue Roadster S1
2014 Brooklands Edition Roadster "Brookland's Belle"
Re: White van man strikes [Re: John V6] #659370
30/08/20 12:28 PM
30/08/20 12:28 PM
Salisbury, England
D
DaveK Offline
L - Learner Plates On
DaveK  Offline
L - Learner Plates On
D

Salisbury, England
John
Just seen this. Sorry to hear, but like you know the MOG can be repaired. I been reversed into 3 times in my time with my MOG. On two occasions the driver just drove off. One was driving a Range Rover who believe or not got out looked at the damage and drove off. A white van man did the same but surprised me by waiting for me to get back, 30 minutes. Glad you are ok. Bad news about Krazy Horse.

Navy Dave
1976 Morgan 4/4
Re: White van man strikes [Re: John V6] #659402
30/08/20 05:03 PM
30/08/20 05:03 PM
N
Nickplus4 Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Nickplus4  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
N

I believe your approach with the other party's insurer is spot on. My wife's car was rear ended and the other party's insurer stepped in and said they would sort it and we would have no grief about ncds and it would not appear as an accident on our insurance. The car was repaired well and we had a nice mercedes hire car. But the bit about the insurance record was bollocks... as I found out when renewing my insurance which was loaded after the quote as my wife "had been involved in a traffic accident." I was accused of hiding the accident. I genuinely believed from the other party's insurers that it wouldn't be classed as an accident and they were clearly wrong....

Re: White van man strikes [Re: Nickplus4] #659406
30/08/20 05:22 PM
30/08/20 05:22 PM
Kent
Alan Patterson Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
Alan Patterson  Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Kent
Originally Posted by Nickplus4
I believe your approach with the other party's insurer is spot on. My wife's car was rear ended and the other party's insurer stepped in and said they would sort it and we would have no grief about ncds and it would not appear as an accident on our insurance. The car was repaired well and we had a nice mercedes hire car. But the bit about the insurance record was bollocks... as I found out when renewing my insurance which was loaded after the quote as my wife "had been involved in a traffic accident." I was accused of hiding the accident. I genuinely believed from the other party's insurers that it wouldn't be classed as an accident and they were clearly wrong....

I had a similar issue when our car was rear ended with my wife driving. I did report it to our insurers right away, but the other drivers's insurers, to their credit, acted quickly and our car was repaired through a Ford main dealer (the car was only six months old) and they arranged for a courtesy car to be delivered.. The sting in the tail - our insurers loaded our next premium. Despite my protestations they wouldn't budge - so I moved to another insurer who didn't load the premium (yes, I did inform them of the accident).

Regards
Alan
AP08 MOG
2016 Plus 4 GDi - Mazda Soul Red Metallic
Re: White van man strikes [Re: John V6] #659411
30/08/20 05:42 PM
30/08/20 05:42 PM
Bonesie Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
Bonesie  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Bonsie what camera do you use on your car. i am think of getting some.

It wasnt a dash cam but an Insta360. It just so happened I had only just bought it and was trying it in different positions in and on the car when I had the prang.

Bonesie

Current stead -'The Captain' Black +4

'Life is like a garden, dig it' *Joe Dirt farmer
Re: White van man strikes [Re: John V6] #659414
30/08/20 06:19 PM
30/08/20 06:19 PM
Salisbury, UK
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog
Peter J  Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog

Salisbury, UK
Reading all this has highlighted so many of the flaws and incongruities of the moden, essentially unregulated, insurance industry.
It seems that one consequence of the market's obsession with "the lowest possible cost" is that the service providers seek to mitigate their costs and pass them on to anybody. It is fine if you fit the majority model, but not otherwise.

In September 2017 Caroline was involved in a two vehicle RTA in which a motorcyclist "T Boned" the near side of her car as she turned left from a main road. Most importantly, he was unhurt and after pulling the front forks out of the side of her car, walked home. The accident was witnessed by the local PCSO who stopped, made a few enquiries and as there were no injuries, left. It seems that in the UK the Police do not and will not get involved in motor vehicle accidents in which there is no injury.

The car was still driveable, so we took it home.

The next day I reported the accident to the insurer, Aviva ad took the car to the local Mercedes approved body shop.
A few hours later I was contacted by an overtly aggressive "Claims Handler" and criticized for not letting them "do their job".
The rep was unhappy that I'd selected the repairer and I was warned that if the quote was unacceptable I could end up paying part of the cost.
they were unhappy that I had not asked for the vehicle to be recovered and made all sorts of statements about the consequences of driving a "potentially unroadworthy vehicle"
I was told that I should have a courtesy car: I told the person that as we had 3 cars between 2 people this was neither wanted, nor expected. Clearly this was also unwelcome news.
I was asked why the third party had not made a claim: I told them they should ask the other party.
They seemed to be looking to find costs for services that I didn't need that could be applied to the claim and intimidate me into agreeing.
That was the last we saw of the "Claims Handler".

The repairer did the job, about £7k's worth of damage.
the insurer decided that the accident was 50/50, we couldn't be bothered to argue. So we lost a slice of NCD, but the claim was paid in full.

We moved insurers the following year to NFU. They don't use 3rd party claims handlers.
But it wasn't an enjoyable experience.

Peter,
V8s are best....
Tarka the 'Otter Mog....2014 Plus 8
AMG C63 Estate.

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Aeroman, Simon