Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Dinko), 116 guests, and 17 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 406
John V6 190
TBM 121
CooperMan 119
Newest Members
Bill Box, John H, Colin McFadden, N2S3, Davetherave
7656 Registered Users
Newest Topics
LHD low usage Aeromax
by +8Rich. 21/09/21 02:31 PM
Fumes
by Terry D. 21/09/21 11:21 AM
Is it worth it ? Sports exhaust and re-map.
by Bonesie. 21/09/21 05:01 AM
Boshly sighting
by A11OGE. 20/09/21 10:56 AM
Vintage pressed metal silver on black plates
by Lindo. 20/09/21 08:22 AM
aero 8 series 4 radio problems
by Simon m wright. 19/09/21 07:52 PM
Suddenly the S&S doesnt seem so big...
by PaulV. 19/09/21 06:35 PM
Latest Photos
And for my next trick...
Guernsey Escape
Another Bride, Another Vroom
Madeira
SPRING PRESERVATION
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics42,092
Posts705,654
Members7,656
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Peter1062
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #274320
13/05/15 11:30 AM
13/05/15 11:30 AM
England
TalkMorgan Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
TalkMorgan  Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
Has a lot to Say!

England
Originally Posted By TalkMorgan
Chaps could I please ask for your assistance on two points:-

Firstly, please post your new topics in the most appropriate section. Yesterday I spent a lot of time doing house keeping and moved a lot of posts to the correct forums. For instance, there were quite a few M3W & Classic Morgan posts in the Malvern Arms. Topics that fit into an obvious area should be posted in those areas for the sake of clarity and to make them easier to find when using the search function. I don't mind moving the odd one but it has become far too common and even now I am yet to go back and move all the historical ones from the past 12-months. Paying a little more attention to the section you are adding a new post to, and questioning whether it is the appropriate one, will save me a lot of time and benefit all the members of TM.

Secondly, could I please ask everyone to read the terms of use for the For Sale & Wanted section. In particular, may I please draw your attention to point five. I spend an inordinate amount of time approving posts and far too many of them are comments and banter rather than specific questions relating to the item on sale or wanted. I had to make this section fully moderated because it was being abused by people joining the site just to tout their wares, spamming and making a general nuisance of themselves; therefore, whilst the changes improved the site for members, it is another demand on my time. The section isn't eBay, there are no fees to use it, and therefore, it is provided solely for the benefit of members. If the rules cannot be adhered to, I will have to reconsider how/if we can offer this facility.

Thank you.

I need to draw ALL MEMBERS attention to the above again - in particular point two regarding the For Sale & Wanted section.

The request for assistance is still being ignored by many and this results in: delays in processing ads and more administration for me.

As you are aware, the For Sale & Wanted section is a service provided at no cost. I have seen many cars sold via TM and countless other items; therefore, it is obviously a valuable tool for all members. Therefore, I would ask that everyone treats it as a valuable resources and follows the guidelines of use.

Thank you.

Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #320333
20/11/15 10:13 AM
20/11/15 10:13 AM
England
TalkMorgan Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
TalkMorgan  Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
Has a lot to Say!

England
And again - please read the first post in this thread.

Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #320354
20/11/15 12:00 PM
20/11/15 12:00 PM
Mandello del Lario
Gambalunga Offline
Member of the Inner Circle
Gambalunga  Offline
Member of the Inner Circle

Mandello del Lario
And again - please read the first post in this thread.

As per Dean's suggestion:
Originally Posted By Dean-Royal
Re Simon's second note

May i suggest that if anyone wishes to Banter and discuss an item for sale or Wanted, immediately after the advert is placed the first respondent Copies and Pastes to the Arms or Soap Box, therefore eliminating the Traffic and work for Simon in the For Sale & Wanted section.

Would this help ? hide

This is an example of how it could be done.

This was done by using the quote button on Dean's post, copying the entire text in the text box, clicking the browser back button to exit without actually posting the reply, then pasting the text into the new reply to Simon's post. I then added my text.

This technique can be used to quote a post in the "For Sale & Wanted" forum and creating a new topic in another forum which starts with the quote from the advertisement.

Peter

[Linked Image]
Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #545757
01/12/18 10:45 AM
01/12/18 10:45 AM
England
TalkMorgan Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
TalkMorgan  Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
Has a lot to Say!

England
Chaps could I please ask for your assistance on two points:-

Firstly, please post your new topics in the most appropriate section. Yesterday I spent a lot of time doing house keeping and moved a lot of posts to the correct forums. For instance, there were quite a few M3W & Classic Morgan posts in the Malvern Arms. Topics that fit into an obvious area should be posted in those areas for the sake of clarity and to make them easier to find when using the search function. I don't mind moving the odd one but it has become far too common and even now I am yet to go back and move all the historical ones from the past 12-months. Paying a little more attention to the section you are adding a new post to, and questioning whether it is the appropriate one, will save me a lot of time and benefit all the members of TM.

Secondly, could I please ask everyone to read the terms of use for the For Sale & Wanted section. In particular, may I please draw your attention to point five. I spend an inordinate amount of time approving posts and far too many of them are comments and banter rather than specific questions relating to the item on sale or wanted. I had to make this section fully moderated because it was being abused by people joining the site just to tout their wares, spamming and making a general nuisance of themselves; therefore, whilst the changes improved the site for members, it is another demand on my time. The section isn't eBay, there are no fees to use it, and therefore, it is provided solely for the benefit of members. If the rules cannot be adhered to, I will have to reconsider how/if we can offer this facility.

Thank you.

Time to refresh this once again.

Please be mindful of the above.

A VAST quantity of items are sold, free of charge, via Talk Morgan and I would really appreciate people following the guidelines set out above (and in the Rules for the Sales & Wanted forum). In terms of site admin, too much time is spent because people do not adhere to the rules set out.

I seldom feel like an ogre but having to reiterate the above, time and time again, makes me feel so. Your cooperation would really benefit me and the entire site because it would allow me more time to focus on other admin duties.

Thank you.

Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #682517
11/01/21 03:12 PM
11/01/21 03:12 PM
England
TalkMorgan Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
TalkMorgan  Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
Has a lot to Say!

England
Time to bring out the large stick that asks you to follow one of the few rules we have... "what rule is that?", I hear called from the back... well, quite simply, the rules of the For Sale & Wanted forum!

Rules of the For Sale & Wanted section - Please REFRESH your understanding of them

It is too early in 2021 to make me bring out the ogre stick! ...so, please chaps!, this is the one section of the site that doesn't need comments or banter. If you have questions, ask the seller directly via private message!

Thank you.

Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #682520
11/01/21 03:24 PM
11/01/21 03:24 PM
Aberdeenshire
Image Offline
Talk Morgan Expert
Image  Offline
Talk Morgan Expert

Aberdeenshire
I've not been on the forum for long in the bigger scheme of things but from observation I wish you luck with that!! smile ..... it seems such a simple thing but it obviously runs counter to some deep seated psychological need the members have.

Is there no technical way you can make that particular section 'original posts only' and disable the comment function?

K

Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: Image] #682523
11/01/21 03:36 PM
11/01/21 03:36 PM
England
TalkMorgan Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
TalkMorgan  Offline OP

The TM in Talk Morgan
Has a lot to Say!

England
Originally Posted by Image
I've not been on the forum for long in the bigger scheme of things but from observation I wish you luck with that!! smile ..... it seems such a simple thing but it obviously runs counter to some deep seated psychological need the members have.

Is there no technical way you can make that particular section 'original posts only' and disable the comment function?

K

I can do that but it would stop the original poster amending their post, adding to it or marking their item sold, or their wanted item sorted; hence, I have avoided it.

A gentle reminder usually helps.

Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #682528
11/01/21 03:56 PM
11/01/21 03:56 PM
Lampeter, Wales
Jon G4LJW Offline
Has a lot to Say!
Jon G4LJW  Offline
Has a lot to Say!

Lampeter, Wales
It might be useful if every new listing included the text from Rule 5 before being approved: i.e. copy and paste this bit....

5) This area of the site is not open to discussion and the only person who may add comment to the topic is the originator; this is allowed so that they may amend the details of the advertisement. All other comments will be automatically deleted. This ensures that ads are approved as quickly as possible and ensures this area of the site does not become cluttered with superfluous information.

Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #682538
11/01/21 04:15 PM
11/01/21 04:15 PM
Hampshire
Alistair Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Alistair  Offline
Smile, it confuses them
Needs to Get Out More!

Hampshire
If the forum allows change without too much effort and cost?

Perhaps the forum could make a click generate a DM to the OP so that responses can be made in private?

Just time to burn a little more petrol before dinner.
Re: Site Notice - Please Read [Re: TalkMorgan] #682543
11/01/21 04:30 PM
11/01/21 04:30 PM
Aberdeenshire
Image Offline
Talk Morgan Expert
Image  Offline
Talk Morgan Expert

Aberdeenshire
If the 'delete' function could be extended on original posts just on that section then, if the section were made non-comment, the poster could delete the post when a sale was made or a want filled ... that would end the posting and ensure they didn't get extaneous PMs .... it would keep the 'for sale' section tidy .... and if the OP wanted to ammend their post they could delete the old one and write an ammended one (which might be a slight inconvenience but would have the advantage of bumping their ammended new post to the top of the list) ....

K

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  TalkMorgan