Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
15 registered members (Barry M, JMT, rolsmith, New Zealand, Jeff D, +8Rich, SFO, OZ 4/4, RBW, rockabilly john, M3W55, Bourbonmog, mph, Heinz, Alistair), 144 guests, and 19 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 376
John V6 298
Alistair 166
Peter J 138
Newest Topics
Lockdown Petrol
by aerotaff. 26/01/21 10:34 AM
Shameless plug of my wares
by Bonesie. 26/01/21 05:44 AM
Terminal Ride of your life !
by Moggo. 26/01/21 05:14 AM
Bloodhound project
by +8Rich. 25/01/21 09:42 PM
Rip Off Quotes
by Moggo. 25/01/21 09:27 PM
Rad Work
by Treesurveyor. 25/01/21 06:05 PM
Second and Foremost
by BobtheTrain. 25/01/21 05:02 PM
Latest Photos
Another High Level brake light
Morgan puzzle made to order
TOK 258 drawings
Two Approaches to the Easy Up Hood Stay
Vaccine is totally safe
Newest Members
bear65, Mogster +4, JimV6, IainG, Ollie
7346 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics40,347
Posts672,412
Members7,346
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
No Birthdays
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: New to the community [Re: Spizz Oil] #683051
14/01/21 12:34 PM
14/01/21 12:34 PM
Salisbury, UK
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog
Peter J  Offline
Member of the Inner Circle

Salisbury, UK
Originally Posted by Spizz Oil
Sorry - in response to the question about the A110, it was the new type. It's a tremendous car - just as good as all the hype. It's light and great fun. But life is about having lots of different experiences, hence the change. Please reassure me that I'm right!

I'd have thought nirvana would be to keep the A110 as a counterpoint to the Alpine...

I drive an Aero Chassis Plus 8, I've driven the PlusFour in manual guise and it is simply stunning: you will enjoy the drive and the company...Morgan owners are a bit enthusiastic at times...

Welcome...enjoy, it will be a great summer!

Last edited by Peter J; 14/01/21 12:36 PM.

Peter,
V8s are best....
Tarka the 'Otter Mog....2014 Plus 8
AMG C63 Estate.

Re: New to the community [Re: Spizz Oil] #683084
14/01/21 03:02 PM
14/01/21 03:02 PM
Belgium
P
PiGo Offline
New to Talk Morgan
PiGo  Offline
New to Talk Morgan
P

Belgium
Welcome Spizz oil! Exciting times! Mine was delivered in December and it has been an adventure so far. My advice:

1. Seats: I love the car but the seats are a disaster. I have spend a lot of money ( like you :-) ) on the car and I'm spending already a lot of money again on redoing the seats. Factory will not help you as the car is delivered so make sure that they are ok for you before the car leaves the factory. Mail to the CEO if you must. In my opinion it is a disgrace. The factory is super helpful and polite when the car is in production what is really an extraordinary service, but I was a bit disappointed that afterwards there was no service at all. That is working point if they could fix that then the experience is really from another world!!! Enjoy it and learn from my mistakes :-).
2. Ask your dealer to apply XPEL on the nose and side boards and also on the part were the softtop meets the body ( all the ways around). It is an investment of 800£ but in my opinion really worth it.
3. Be careful when cold and/or wet or just when she feels to above 4.5K rpm till.... she tends to step out at the back suddenly. Be prepared
4. Breaks can squeal when cold or wet. Common problem but there is not a solution yet I think. Mine were cleaned and sprayed at the dealer but still they squeal when cold/wet but it goes away quicker. Some left foot breaking can also help to warm them up more quickly.

Enjoy the waiting it makes the delivery even more special and if you can, visit the factory! It is amazing! If you can't wait anymore you can try to send a mail and ask if they could send a picture of the car if you are lucky they send you a picture. Also keep an eye on social media they post regularly pictures of the factory if you are lucky you can spot your car!

The Morgan experience is in my opinion out of this world if they would manage to make their after-service as good the buying and building experience I would never buy something else.

If you would like to follow my adventures look on instagram ( Morgan_diaries )

Re: New to the community [Re: HeadlessBlue] #683118
14/01/21 05:41 PM
14/01/21 05:41 PM
S
Spizz Oil Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
Spizz Oil  Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
S

Originally Posted by HeadlessBlue
Welcome to TM.
I previously had the old steel chassis version until October and now await my new one like you. Mine is currently a rolling chassis and gutted I can’t get to see it at the factory. I fully anticipate the increase in power/comfort to be worth the wait!!! I also fully acknowledge that my ambition far exceeds my ability so intend to do one of the new driver experience things at Bicester when safe....
Am v excited for you!!!!
HB

Snap - mine is also a rolling chassis! My dealer has recommended that do the driver experience at Bicester or get some tuition at Knockhill.

Re: New to the community [Re: PiGo] #683121
14/01/21 05:59 PM
14/01/21 05:59 PM
S
Spizz Oil Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
Spizz Oil  Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
S

[quote=PiGo]Welcome Spizz oil! Exciting times! Mine was delivered in December and it has been an adventure so far. My advice:

1. Seats: I love the car but the seats are a disaster. I have spend a lot of money ( like you :-) ) on the car and I'm spending already a lot of money again on redoing the seats. Factory will not help you as the car is delivered so make sure that they are ok for you before the car leaves the factory. Mail to the CEO if you must. In my opinion it is a disgrace. The factory is super helpful and polite when the car is in production what is really an extraordinary service, but I was a bit disappointed that afterwards there was no service at all. That is working point if they could fix that then the experience is really from another world!!! Enjoy it and learn from my mistakes :-).
2. Ask your dealer to apply XPEL on the nose and side boards and also on the part were the softtop meets the body ( all the ways around). It is an investment of 800£ but in my opinion really worth it.
3. Be careful when cold and/or wet or just when she feels to above 4.5K rpm till.... she tends to step out at the back suddenly. Be prepared
4. Breaks can squeal when cold or wet. Common problem but there is not a solution yet I think. Mine were cleaned and sprayed at the dealer but still they squeal when cold/wet but it goes away quicker. Some left foot breaking can also help to warm them up more quickly.

Enjoy the waiting it makes the delivery even more special and if you can, visit the factory! It is amazing! If you can't wait anymore you can try to send a mail and ask if they could send a picture of the car if you are lucky they send you a picture. Also keep an eye on social media they post regularly pictures of the factory if you are lucky you can spot your car!

The Morgan experience is in my opinion out of this world if they would manage to make their after-service as good the buying and building experience I would never buy something else.

If you would like to follow my adventures look on instagram ( Morgan_diaries )

Thanks for your helpful advice. I'm approaching ownership with a mixture of excitement and anxiety.

1. During lockdown I can't visit the factory to try the seats out. Anything I can to sort this out? This would drive me nuts.

2. Yes - my dealer recommended too and I'm having that done.

3. I'll have to get used to no traction control etc. I'm going to get some tuition.

4. Sounds as if this is a common issue.

I'm already following you on Insta! Your car looks fantastic.

Re: New to the community [Re: Spizz Oil] #683122
14/01/21 06:03 PM
14/01/21 06:03 PM
Salisbury, UK
Peter J Offline
Peter J  Offline
Member of the Inner Circle

Salisbury, UK
As to the "rear end snap", fit Michelin Cross Climate tyres. They have transformed the Plus 8, which has 329bhp and 332ft lbs... I can power out of a side turn onto a wet road without any thought that the back end might go first....

Peter,
V8s are best....
Tarka the 'Otter Mog....2014 Plus 8
AMG C63 Estate.

Re: New to the community [Re: Spizz Oil] #683123
14/01/21 06:07 PM
14/01/21 06:07 PM
L
Luddite Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
Luddite  Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
L

Welcome to the forum Spizz, I hope you enjoy whatever time you care to spend here. Congrats on your decision to finally buy a Morgan, if you are in search of a more involving driving experience you have bought into the correct marque..(-:

I have had the good fortune to enjoy driving Lotus, Porsche and my Morgan around Knockhill over the years and would suggest any track experience is well worth trying out, and far safer than pushing your luck on the road. Having typed that I have tried to catch my Morgan and failed as it fish tailed for perhaps a hundred yards, on accelerating out from the apex of a bend.... limits, both yours and Morgans are best found on a track with some run off..?

Happy Morganeering when it arrives... drive thumbs

Re: New to the community [Re: Luddite] #683126
14/01/21 06:35 PM
14/01/21 06:35 PM
S
Spizz Oil Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
Spizz Oil  Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
S

Originally Posted by Luddite
Welcome to the forum Spizz, I hope you enjoy whatever time you care to spend here. Congrats on your decision to finally buy a Morgan, if you are in search of a more involving driving experience you have bought into the correct marque..(-:

I have had the good fortune to enjoy driving Lotus, Porsche and my Morgan around Knockhill over the years and would suggest any track experience is well worth trying out, and far safer than pushing your luck on the road. Having typed that I have tried to catch my Morgan and failed as it fish tailed for perhaps a hundred yards, on accelerating out from the apex of a bend.... limits, both yours and Morgans are best found on a track with some run off..?

Happy Morganeering when it arrives... drive thumbs

Thanks Luddite!

I've been so nannied by my most recent previous cars, this is going to be a new experience. Seemed like a great idea during the summer. Looking out the window and seeing the snow, I'm beginning to have a panic attack!

Re: New to the community [Re: Spizz Oil] #683141
14/01/21 08:17 PM
14/01/21 08:17 PM
tervuren belgium
T
thierry242 Offline
Learner Plates Off!
thierry242  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
T

tervuren belgium
Yes sunday i have lost the rear of the car .Température was
01 degree celsius and wet ground but i didnt brake and i was
On a straight part so nothing bad happened .Now i am looking for a kind of defensive drive course

Re: New to the community [Re: thierry242] #683189
15/01/21 08:50 AM
15/01/21 08:50 AM
Belgium
P
PiGo Offline
New to Talk Morgan
PiGo  Offline
New to Talk Morgan
P

Belgium
Originally Posted by thierry242
Yes sunday i have lost the rear of the car .Température was
01 degree celsius and wet ground but i didnt brake and i was
On a straight part so nothing bad happened .Now i am looking for a kind of defensive drive course

Hi Thierry

You could contact Andy from Skylimit events. They do a drift courses but due to a lack of LSD drifting is not her thing . You can contact Track solutions they have a great test track in Clastre France were they can learn you how the car handles on/over the limit. If you go I'm happy to join you! I wouldn't bother doing the standard vehicle controle courses because that is in my opinion just learning if you slide to catch the car ( not sure if they let you do it with your own car) but what you need is a good theoretical and practical vehicle dynamics class. One day, costs a little money but great fun!

Kind regards

Pieter

Re: New to the community [Re: Spizz Oil] #683195
15/01/21 09:09 AM
15/01/21 09:09 AM
I
IcePack Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
IcePack  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
I

Not that I know anything but the very loud squealing brakes seem to be similar to my experience when changing to mintex pads on my 4/4. I wonder what the dealers or factory have really tried. My experience with dealers was not a lot. Just refit & copper slip.
So I got the spanner’s out. & cleaned the discs.
1) new retaining pins
2) chamfer the edges of the pads
3) use anti squeal shims
4) use proper brake grease ( not copper slip) on all contacting parts. ( even on the contact points on the shims.
5) Several goes bedding in the pads as per Mintex guidance ( 0 to 30 brake then 30 to 60, 60. To 90)
6) Drive the car for a while letting for want of a better explanation a film from the pads to build up on the discs.

Now no squeal

4/4 Ivory 4.1:1 axle, Jaguar XE R-Sport.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  TalkMorgan