Click here to return to the home page.
Morgan 3 Wheeler
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (Bitsobrits), 99 guests, and 20 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 393
John V6 191
TBM 134
CooperMan 117
Hamwich 103
Newest Members
Bill Box, John H, Colin McFadden, N2S3, Davetherave
7656 Registered Users
Newest Topics
2016 Roadster. Head light questions
by Davetherave. 24/09/21 05:21 PM
Front steering geometry
by PaulJ. 24/09/21 02:47 PM
Footwell light cover
by Alan Patterson. 24/09/21 01:22 PM
M3W interest..?
by Luddite. 24/09/21 12:57 PM
Mike Duncan
by john humphreys. 24/09/21 08:36 AM
“The Very Last of the M3W”
by IMHO. 23/09/21 09:03 PM
Unknown badge.
by Grumpy2. 23/09/21 07:23 PM
Latest Photos
Reinforced battery cradle for 2015 4/4
And for my next trick...
Guernsey Escape
Another Bride, Another Vroom
Madeira
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics42,108
Posts705,984
Members7,656
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
chocadoodledoo, Phil C
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? #700034
21/04/21 07:23 AM
21/04/21 07:23 AM
North Wales
Red3W Offline OP
L - Learner Plates On
Red3W  Offline OP
L - Learner Plates On

North Wales
Being one of the early owners of the then newly launched M3W, I’m interested to know if they are still in production? It cannot be long if they are... The car was launched with such fanfare, it would be a shame for such an iconic little car to fade away without fuss. I know all the issues with the early cars, as I experienced them, but Morgan sorted them out during production and most of the early cars have now been upgraded. It would also be interesting to know how many of the early adaptors who were posting on this forum in 2012/13 are still watching and following the car. It didn’t quite make a decade in production, but it did well considering all the legislation Morgan had to contend with to keep it going, they didn’t give in, and it is good to know the Morgan 3 Wheeler story will continue with a new car. I think at the time Morgan were thinking it would have been a short production run, but the initial demand outstripped all expectation.

If the last batch of cars are still in production, it would be good to have video/photographs of the production process, to document history. There was plenty of videos on YouTube at the time of launch, watching these at the time sold the car to me. I doubt we will ever see a car like the current M3W with the engine out upfront being made again! It won't be long till we are looking back at the internal combustion engine and the current M3W with fondness, as we plug in our cars.

Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700045
21/04/21 08:07 AM
21/04/21 08:07 AM
Near Windsor Berkshire
R
Rog G Offline
Has a lot to Say!
Rog G  Offline
Has a lot to Say!
R

Near Windsor Berkshire
My current M3W was built in 2013 and 29000 miles later I am still enjoying it, however I do have a new one on order which should have been completed at the factory this week and as I understand it is one of the last 10 or so to be built excluding the P101versions.

2021 M3W
2013 M3W - Sold
1971 4/4 2 Seater
1934 Sports
Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700049
21/04/21 08:29 AM
21/04/21 08:29 AM
Guildford, UK
R1NGA Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
R1NGA  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular

Guildford, UK
The order made for my 2013 car in February that year introduced me to this excellent TM Forum and we have been very happy and extremely well supported members ever since. I cannot imagine having to manhandle M3W ownership without the experience and shared problem solving powers of a group as proactive and supportive as those in TM. Yes the factory did iron out many of the failure points and engineering design mistakes in those early cars, but of course much more in terms of daily useability knowledge and benefits have come from this collective. I plan to hold on to my car for as long as I can, as the new model inevitably will have to tow the legislative line far closer this time round - quite how MMC managed to jump through (or legitimately avoid) so many of those requirement hoops back in 2011 is beyond me. The new car will have to be far more 'normal' (at least as normal as a three-wheeler can reasonably be), so for me I need the pure 1930's black&white vibe of the current car to give me my true motoring smile. I do however look forward to seeing the new car once it's revealed and maybe we will be referring to those as the 6-speeders one day.....

Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700069
21/04/21 09:39 AM
21/04/21 09:39 AM
United Kingdom, Lincolnshire
planenut Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
planenut  Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

United Kingdom, Lincolnshire

My M3W was ordered on 10th January 2012 and delivered May 2013, there were a lot of orders then! It has almost 29,000 miles on it now and is a much better car than when it was new, thanks mainly to the exchange of information on this forum. I am sure that comments from the owners here pushed Morgan into fixing many of the issues with the early cars, that along with all the warranty claims. Sadly some of the same issues with the early cars are still there in the final ones. Many of the owners choosing to "upgrade" their cars from new.

It will be a shame to see the end of "5 Speeder" M3W production but things move on. Values will increase I expect, they seem to be already. Higher values mean that people can justify spending more on maintaining their M3W's and there maybe won't be the phase that many cars go through of being scrapped because it's not worth the money to save them. The older Morgan 3 Wheelers that are now worth big money went through that phase and many disappeared. There are not that many M3W's about, it's pretty rare already. So glad to be able to have and enjoy one of these great fun machines before they become history.

Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700072
21/04/21 10:00 AM
21/04/21 10:00 AM
Nr Watership Down UK
J
JMD Offline
L - Learner Plates On
JMD  Offline
L - Learner Plates On
J

Nr Watership Down UK
Ours was ordered from RTCC on Dec 2010 based on the concept and delivered April 2012 and hence coming up for 9th birthday and one of the first after the dealer demonstrators were made). Our son thought we had gone insane and was also annoyed as he will never enjoy it as he is too tall (2.1m)

Marian (the owner) was keen to improve on her father's experience of one in the 30s (only to be told by girlfriend (later wife & M's mother) that it was the car or her...he made the choice...)

Competing activities have limited our mileage a bit but we have enjoyed 4 extended trips to France and Spain and many outings back here and really benefitted from this community plus RTCC and MMC in making all the improvements. No plans other than to continue enjoying the experience!

I am not that surprised to see production cease as the basics are so hard to get through all the tightening regulations. Am not sure what Morgan have in mind for the future but I suspect it will be much higher priced (and hence fewer in number) to make some money. I am doubtful whether our M3Ws have made them anything much...

Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700077
21/04/21 10:18 AM
21/04/21 10:18 AM
Oxford
S
ShaunD Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
ShaunD  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
S

Oxford
I will be taking delivery of my third M3W shortly, a Krazy Horse JAP special edition. I had a 2013 model, which had all the issues the early cars had, so I sold it after a year and a half when I moved abroad. On returning in 2017, I bought a new car and that one has proved much more reliable and has now done 18.5k miles (including 3,000 miles around New Zealand). I am now part exchanging that for the KH car (one of the last cars to be built). It’s a real shame they won’t be making any more as it is a vehicle that gives not just the driver but also all those who see (and hear!) it so much pleasure.

Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700079
21/04/21 10:23 AM
21/04/21 10:23 AM
France
Black Adder Offline
Toys for Boys
Black Adder  Offline
Toys for Boys
Talk Morgan Regular

France
I waited until 2013 to order mine after reading this forum and waiting for most of the teething troubles to be sorted. Three weeks after delivery they announced all the 'free' 2014 upgrades! The 'continual improvement' policy left me felling a bit peeved, but bit the bullet and added the Centa drive and comfort kit, but never the NVH or fan.
Like many owners, I took people out and converted them into M3W purchasers, friends became other owners, other owners became friends, and I'm thrilled to be part of a very select set of people who love this crazy vehicle. We all know there will never be the like again and now, like the two and three speeder communities we will find ways to keep them on the road for the future.

Omne trium perfectum
Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700090
21/04/21 12:09 PM
21/04/21 12:09 PM
North Wales
Red3W Offline OP
L - Learner Plates On
Red3W  Offline OP
L - Learner Plates On

North Wales
I totally agree with the other comments, thank you for your contributions. This forum was the go to place back then to learn of all the issues as they occurred with the early cars, and what to do when they cropped up. Even Morgan posted on here to update owners in the end. If it wasn’t for Talk Morgan, it would indeed have been a very different picture I’m sure. But for me my early 2013 car was eventually sorted out, it brought me great pleasure and fulfilled a dream of owning a Morgan 3 Wheeler. I decided to be sensible and sold it in 2019, but that sensibility didn’t last too long and I ended up with another M3W shortly after. Driving my new 2019 M3W off the forecourt, was a much better off the shelf experience than that of my first 2013 car. It drove completely different than my original M3W did back in 2013 before it had all the upgrades. They have certianly moved on since. Thanks to Talk Morgan, all those early developers, and the Morgan engineers involved with the upgrades, most did solve the issues except for the NVH kit. I would imagine that it was a lack development, due to costs that had caused the initial problems with the car. When you think of the length of production with other Morgan models, the 5 speeder M3W has had a very short life, not long enough for Morgan to recuperate all of those development/warranty costs. If the car had been able to continue, being a much improved car, Morgan would have had a very profitable product.

I would think the new M3W will be based on a platform that will be easily developed to accommodate different engines etc, and keep up with future legislation.

Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700105
21/04/21 01:47 PM
21/04/21 01:47 PM
Central CT/Newport, RI
M
MichaelS Offline
Just Getting Started
MichaelS  Offline
Just Getting Started
M

Central CT/Newport, RI
It brings a naughty smirk to hear of other's similar motivations to purchase this crazy car built for no other reason than eccentric delight. I recall first reading of their imminent production and subconsciously prepared room in my garage. It took until 2017 but the wait was worth it. Honestly can't imagine selling this imperfect perfect contraption. Without Talk Morgan, it wouldn't have happened.

I hope the next iteration is entirely new, not an evolution. It would be nice to aspire to own them both.

Formerly and Still '06032'
2017 M3W, 2008 Ural Patrol
Other stuff....
Re: How many Morgan 3 Wheelers left to be made? [Re: Red3W] #700112
21/04/21 01:57 PM
21/04/21 01:57 PM
Georgia, USA
L
Lance Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Lance  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
L

Georgia, USA
I put a deposit on one when they were first announced. Production finally started, but before mine went into production, I began to hear stories of production and performance issues with the car. I cancelled my order and waited.

In late 2016 I was going down to Florida to take a cruise. The Dealer in Florida (now defunct) advertised a used three wheeler. I stopped in to find that the used one had been sold. However, he said a brand new one just come in. He took me for a drive and I was hooked.

Spent a couple of weeks on the phone haggling price and eventually a new 2016 Three wheeler was mine.

It has not been without issues, but it is also the most fun car I ever ever owned.

Lance
1981 Plus 8
2016 Three Wheeler
2014 Corvette Stingray Convertible z51
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  TalkMorgan