Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
8 registered members (petebishop, M3W55, Arwyn Williams, rcmatt, Dougie, asmair, Brian G, bmgermany), 71 guests, and 42 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 149
John V6 140
OZ 4/4 122
Alistair 104
Newest Members
05 Roadster, John Tromans, Factotum, Dave Jones, Fester
8159 Registered Users
Newest Topics
Spark Plug Wires
by PaulyG. 09/12/22 04:47 PM
Jet Black
by lowebird. 09/12/22 03:01 PM
It is crowded up there
by John V6. 09/12/22 01:52 PM
Autocar YouTube
by ProfessorM. 09/12/22 01:43 PM
M3W oil pressure switch
by planenut. 09/12/22 12:02 PM
Shed Racing vid
by Luddite. 08/12/22 04:23 PM
New Morgan Pedal Car - Kettcar
by flyfisher. 08/12/22 03:42 PM
Latest Photos
Cover Girl_MOG414
Under the clouds....
Ms Marple's island/s connection...
Autumn Sunshine
Back Onshore
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics44,401
Posts750,315
Members8,159
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
silverbullet, Vianney Colombo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: Radiator fix [Re: John V6] #749903
30/07/22 01:29 PM
30/07/22 01:29 PM
West Somerset
Davetherave Offline
Just Getting Started
Davetherave  Offline
Just Getting Started

West Somerset
I have moved my following comments from the "brake failure" area to this post as its more applicable..

My questions to Morgan would be ( Engineering hat back on ).

AA: Are ALL the CX vehicles going to be fitted with a swirl pot to prevent thermal shock, if so, when/how?.. If its just specific vehicles to have the swirl pot, why.? Where is the information/notification for this work.

BB: Have the BMW vehicles fitted with the engines that Morgan use experienced similar radiator thermal shock issues, or is the Morgan cooling configuration vastly different.?

If as reported the Morgan factory are gearing up for the radiator work ( recall?? ), where is the information from Morgan... Surely they should be issuing notification to CX owners. How will this impact warranty for CX cars coming to the end of their factory warranty period.

There were no replies to the above post, when posted in the brake failure thread ( following other like posts ) . So I guess no one at the MMC are willing to comment or any dealer openly comment (and they must look at this forum)... I am about to complete the purchase of a MY 2020 Plus 6, which looks and drives beautifully, the dealer has been great so far. But I am now having second thoughts about the purchase ref the lack of information being given out by the MMC on the radiator mods and now the comments being made ref the suspension spring issues. It may be better to lose my deposit and keep my Trad Morgan, with this vehicle I have already fixed the problems with an alloy radiator and new rear leaf springs... I do not want to have to go through all this again on the Plus 6.

Last edited by Davetherave; 30/07/22 01:31 PM.

Dave
Plus 6 "Squeak"
Roadster departed.
1936 BSA Empire Star Q8. 1935 BSA W7-35. 1938 BSA M20
Re: Radiator fix [Re: Davetherave] #749908
30/07/22 01:48 PM
Northern Capital of Cool
CooperMan Offline
Just barreling along
CooperMan  Offline
Just barreling along
Charter Member

Northern Capital of Cool
Originally Posted by Davetherave
I have moved my following comments from the "brake failure" area to this post as its more applicable..

There were no replies to the above post, when posted in the brake failure thread ( following other like posts ) . So I guess no one at the MMC are willing to comment or any dealer openly comment (and they must look at this forum)... I am about to complete the purchase of a MY 2020 Plus 6, which looks and drives beautifully, the dealer has been great so far. But I am now having second thoughts about the purchase ref the lack of information being given out by the MMC on the radiator mods and now the comments being made ref the suspension spring issues. It may be better to lose my deposit and keep my Trad Morgan, with this vehicle I have already fixed the problems with an alloy radiator and new rear leaf springs... I do not want to have to go through all this again on the Plus 6.

I know what my decision would be, having also taken a couple of years to fine tune a Roadster, CX with warranty about to end...potential money pit & unusable downtime, complex mechanical & electrical dealer only fixes, and I suspect poor residual values ?

Jon M
Re: Radiator fix [Re: John V6] #749909
Chester
Mikemog6 Offline
Just Getting Started
Mikemog6  Offline
Just Getting Started

Chester
I am sure there are legal types on this forum, bit is not the dealer in breach of contract for falling to supply?

Previous Mog Plus 4 Fiat Twin Cam.
Plus Six
Re: Radiator fix [Re: Davetherave] #749948
30/07/22 07:27 PM
30/07/22 07:27 PM
Australia - NSW North Coast
OZ 4/4 Offline
Charter Member
OZ 4/4  Offline
Charter Member

Australia - NSW North Coast
Originally Posted by Davetherave

My questions to Morgan would be ( Engineering hat back on ).

AA: Are ALL the CX vehicles going to be fitted with a swirl pot to prevent thermal shock, if so, when/how?.. If its just specific vehicles to have the swirl pot, why.? Where is the information/notification for this work.

BB: Have the BMW vehicles fitted with the engines that Morgan use experienced similar radiator thermal shock issues, or is the Morgan cooling configuration vastly different.?

If as reported the Morgan factory are gearing up for the radiator work ( recall?? ), where is the information from Morgan... Surely they should be issuing notification to CX owners. How will this impact warranty for CX cars coming to the end of their factory warranty period.

So sad to read this Dave but I understand what you're going through......

Last edited by OZ 4/4; 30/07/22 07:28 PM.

A Morgan Identified Fastidious Owner...
2011 4/4 Bespoke, 1981 Delorean, Auburn Boat Tail
Re: Radiator fix [Re: John V6] #749988
31/07/22 07:20 AM
31/07/22 07:20 AM
Nr Watership Down UK
J
JMD Offline
Learner Plates Off!
JMD  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
J

Nr Watership Down UK
Car cooling systems are vastly more complex these days - besides huge heat surges from the turbo, fancy warm up cycles, engine/gearbox oil cooling etc, a lot of manufacturers cite the way their engines are slow to cool after shut down so that if they are restarted after a short or medium period (0.5-4 hours?) the engine is still warm enough to give immediately good emissions and fuel efficiency performance....not the case with a "cold" start

The packaging in the Morgan application is very different to BMW so it is likely the cooling systems in the Plus Four/Six will not have had the same level of detailed development....

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  TalkMorgan