Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
16 registered members (Fjemog, Alistair, John V6, C2RM, verysideways, Ginmoggie, flyfisher, Black Adder, mph, Bishmog, bmgermany, Clipper, 1854sailor, Grumpy2, Bourbonmog, Robbie), 72 guests, and 10 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
RichardV6 111
Luddite 107
John V6 90
OZ 4/4 85
Newest Members
adamcobb, David68, Feierstarter, pinkhouse10, Rabid Ray
8264 Registered Users
Newest Topics
Hello from Germany
by Feierstarter. 31/01/23 10:19 PM
Floods in New Zealand
by OZ 4/4. 31/01/23 08:32 PM
Wanted - Aero 8, Series 1/2/3
by verysideways. 31/01/23 05:37 PM
Rebound spring gap ??
by Peter H. 31/01/23 12:59 PM
Which satellite navigation
by Condor. 31/01/23 10:47 AM
Hello from Franconia (Germany)
by JBKPlusFour. 30/01/23 09:36 PM
Experimenting to see if I can finally upload a pic
by Jonathan G. 30/01/23 04:40 PM
Latest Photos
JBKsPlusFour #2
JBKsPlusFour
LM62
Autumn leaves
Babeny Dartmoor
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics44,620
Posts754,816
Members8,264
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Eddie, Gary Fairhurst, kwb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 90 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 89 90
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Clipper] #749944
30/07/22 06:51 PM
30/07/22 06:51 PM
Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
Paul F Offline
Part of the Furniture
Paul F  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
I saw the post to which you refer and had the same thought.

Paul
Costock, UK
2014 4/4 Rolls Royce Garnet Red
Disco 5
Teddy - 17h1 Irish Draught cross
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Clipper] #749947
30/07/22 07:10 PM
30/07/22 07:10 PM
Devonshire
+8Rich Offline
Tricky Dicky
+8Rich  Offline
Tricky Dicky
Member of the Inner Circle

Devonshire
I saw the handover yesterday and thought what are they thinking about plastering that over their FB page for the world to see, have they no shame or guilt doh

I totally understand the commercial aspect but there is such a thing as customer service and loyalty and too many people have very expensive paper weights in their garages at the moment, the last thing they need is salt rubbing in the wound, wake up to the real world for goodness sake.

They lurk here gentlemen so let your feelings be known if you so wish. (Unlike their FB page they won't be able to remove the comments Gary and I made on it ).

Regards Richard

1999 Indigo Blue +8
2009 4/4 Sport Green prev
1993 Connaught Green +8 prev

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Clipper] #749953
30/07/22 08:09 PM
30/07/22 08:09 PM
Glos.
DWil23 Offline
L - Learner Plates On
DWil23  Offline
L - Learner Plates On

Glos.
Ah the wheels of commerce …

David

MY22 Plus Four, Alligator (AML Racing) Green ! 😍
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Adrian777] #749973
30/07/22 11:59 PM
30/07/22 11:59 PM
P
Perry_P_M3W Online content
Learner Plates Off!
Perry_P_M3W  Online Content
Learner Plates Off!
P

Originally Posted by Adrian777
Whilst I understand the reasoning I have to say that I find it quite incredible to see Instagram posts from dealers showing new customers collecting new CX cars who have effectively “ jumped the queue” for the fix. In fact it’s an insult to their established customers whose money they have banked long ago. The very same customers they have sold cars to that are not fit to drive. Not fit for purpose.
I cannot imagine a scenario where any reputable business would think such posts were a good idea.
Frankly, feel I have had the piss taken out of me. What the hell are they thinking?

Nobody jumped the queue. Different parts are used for new vs. replacement, which is the case for most things automotive. `The alternative is to idle the factory for x weeks while MMC waits for their supplier to send the parts to the retailers, wait some more for the retailer to book the appointments and wait some more for all the current cars to be fixed to then start the factory again. Doesn't make sense.

MMC most likely kept building cars and held what they could at the factory for when the parts could be retrofitted. New deliveries have been affected as well.

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: +8Rich] #749974
31/07/22 01:15 AM
31/07/22 01:15 AM
Australia - NSW North Coast
OZ 4/4 Offline
Talk Morgan Sage
OZ 4/4  Offline
Talk Morgan Sage

Originally Posted by +8Rich
I saw the handover yesterday and thought what are they thinking about plastering that over their FB page for the world to see, have they no shame or guilt doh

I totally understand the commercial aspect but there is such a thing as customer service and loyalty and too many people have very expensive paper weights in their garages at the moment, the last thing they need is salt rubbing in the wound, wake up to the real world for goodness sake.

They lurk here gentlemen so let your feelings be known if you so wish. (Unlike their FB page they won't be able to remove the comments Gary and I made on it ).

Very curious that Oakmere removed a post suggesting new owners Paul & Beverly should consider joining TalkMorgan.....
Ultimately, it does not really matter because I'm sure by now, Paul & Beverly will have been made very aware of the benefits, information and support on the forum

A Morgan Identified Fastidious Owner...
2011 4/4 Bespoke, 1981 Delorean, Auburn Boat Tail
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Perry_P_M3W] #749979
31/07/22 06:22 AM
31/07/22 06:22 AM
A
Adrian777 Offline
Just Getting Started
Adrian777  Offline
Just Getting Started
A

Originally Posted by Perry_P_M3W
Originally Posted by Adrian777
Whilst I understand the reasoning I have to say that I find it quite incredible to see Instagram posts from dealers showing new customers collecting new CX cars who have effectively “ jumped the queue” for the fix. In fact it’s an insult to their established customers whose money they have banked long ago. The very same customers they have sold cars to that are not fit to drive. Not fit for purpose.
I cannot imagine a scenario where any reputable business would think such posts were a good idea.
Frankly, feel I have had the piss taken out of me. What the hell are they thinking?

Nobody jumped the queue. Different parts are used for new vs. replacement, which is the case for most things automotive. `The alternative is to idle the factory for x weeks while MMC waits for their supplier to send the parts to the retailers, wait some more for the retailer to book the appointments and wait some more for all the current cars to be fixed to then start the factory again. Doesn't make sense.

MMC most likely kept building cars and held what they could at the factory for when the parts could be retrofitted. New deliveries have been affected as well.

If the new kits have been retro fitted to new cars to allow those new cars to be sold when existing cars are off the road, then the new cars have effectively “jumped the queue”. The kits are clearly in short supply and MMC and / or the dealer have prioritised the new sale over resolving the issue for at least one of their existing customers. In any event, to then publicise this on various social media sites is insensitive to say the least. I am not sure they fully understand the level of concern and for many anger that exists around this issue.
Continuing to build cars while they wait for the new parts makes perfect sense so no need to idle the factory, even though it appears it has been shut down this week anyway. I am quite sure they often have to wait for parts.

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Clipper] #749984
31/07/22 07:08 AM
Northants, UK
TBM Offline
Part of the Furniture
TBM  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Northants, UK
I imagine that Morgan have to keep selling new cars to survive. I doubt that they can just have a three or four month hiatus in sales.

The recall is going to cost them a considerable amount of money (parts, labour, transports etc) and they've got to pay for it somehow.

The new owners in the linked article are obviously chuffed to bollox over their new purchases and should be welcomed into the Morgan world with every fanfare that goes with such an event.. We should celebrate with them, rather than expecting it to be shoved under the carpet like some kind of illegitimate backstairs child.....

1972 4/4 4 seater - 3G Morganeer
Too many ratty motorbikes
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Adrian777] #749985
Hampshire
Alistair Online happy
Smile, it confuses them
Alistair  Online Happy
Smile, it confuses them

Hampshire
If the new kits have been retro fitted to new cars to allow those new cars to be sold when existing cars are off the road, then the new cars have effectively “jumped the queue”. The kits are clearly in short supply and MMC and / or the dealer have prioritised the new sale over resolving the issue for at least one of their existing customers. In any event, to then publicise this on various social media sites is insensitive to say the least. I am not sure they fully understand the level of concern and for many anger that exists around this issue.
Continuing to build cars while they wait for the new parts makes perfect sense so no need to idle the factory, even though it appears it has been shut down this week anyway. I am quite sure they often have to wait for parts.[/quote]

Not meant at you personally Adrian.

They do seem to have made their bed here but is that totally fair? Their perspective is probably different. Whilst a comment on another thread about CX's being parked everywhere during a recent visit shows there is also a backlog there I would guess cashflow is king as it often is in manufacturing. If the stock sits waiting for (three) parts that need replacing the cashflow gets a spanking which needs to be understood? Also promises have been made to new owners. They are equally deprived of this years summer of CX love. I don't think it's an either/or but an all in truth? Both threads are embarrassing the factory, and should do. I was hoping that the CX replacing both the Aero and Trad meant that the time spent engineering it would have weeded out some of the old constant change issues given the company was going to be 100% reliant on it.

I for one would not take delivery of a CX at this point. Not unless I had a signed letter committing to five years/50k of no cost support on known common faults covering the suspension (droopy springs) cooling (radiator) and brakes (squeal and security) at Morgan's cost of parts and labour. £80K+ does give you the right to expect better. I got the recall on the MB's brakes about the same time and MB had replacements at most/every dealer and were saying 1-2 days for the change with priority over service business. The MB dealer knew the drill and even weeded me out as I had the Brembo brakes on mine. But that's a whole different animal with many regular recalls to deal with. I am guessing legal have placed a degree of gagging on the team. In the old days it would have been more personal and probably just as chaotic.

I am more surprised to see the comments appearing around saggy bottom having not seen it raised on here before. TM has traditionally been a great forum to share and learn. Open and honest but respectful, so it has not become a mess driving people away and descending to the level of pistonheads.

If this gaff shows me anything it's that the typical owner still cares a great deal which is probably a relief to the factory but one not to be taken advantage of as may have happened in the past. The new VC style funded, future looking, business needs to look at the design to build to sales to support model again. It seems to have spent money with the London dealer etc but has gutted the long standing resellers which we have relied on and who know the stock in the field. I am having to take a train for three and a half hours on monday morning to collect my car from service.

Realising that the factory, like most, has an annual shutdown I would have thought it good to use the time to bring in a selection of trained/certified temporary mechanics, manage them carefully, and accelerate the replacement work. Maybe they are and we are not hearing it. I am certain in this financial squeeze that a few of the staff could have been incentivised to provide hands on QA. It would have also sent out the right message. A bit more of that is needed. Whilst the "I am not at the front of the queue" stomping would have occurred the transparency would be welcome and befitting a company trading on the personal touch.

I am not a CX owner. However the Aero also had a few gremlins and both the early Series 2 and later Coupe that I have experience of had many of the same gaps in development. There was no model year as things got changed on a slightly ad-hoc basis back then. I think without TM I would have moved on to a regular brand even though I love these cars.

Everyone loves a Morgan. Even me, unless it's broken again.
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: OZ 4/4] #749993
31/07/22 08:48 AM
31/07/22 08:48 AM
Devonshire
+8Rich Offline
Tricky Dicky
+8Rich  Offline
Tricky Dicky

Devonshire
Originally Posted by OZ 4/4

Very curious that Oakmere removed a post suggesting new owners Paul & Beverly should consider joining TalkMorgan.....
Ultimately, it does not really matter because I'm sure by now, Paul & Beverly will have been made very aware of the benefits, information and support on the forum

I'm sure they will find their way here and we can congratulate them and give them a proper welcome Gary.

Regards Richard

1999 Indigo Blue +8
2009 4/4 Sport Green prev
1993 Connaught Green +8 prev

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: +8Rich] #749994
31/07/22 08:58 AM
31/07/22 08:58 AM
OZ 4/4 Offline
Talk Morgan Sage
OZ 4/4  Offline
Talk Morgan Sage

Originally Posted by OZ 4/4

I'm sure they will find their way here and we can congratulate them and give them a proper welcome Gary.

A warm welcome awaits

A Morgan Identified Fastidious Owner...
2011 4/4 Bespoke, 1981 Delorean, Auburn Boat Tail
Page 52 of 90 1 2 50 51 52 53 54 89 90

Moderated by  TalkMorgan