Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
1 registered members (sbarracl), 157 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
RichardV6 111
Luddite 107
John V6 91
OZ 4/4 85
Newest Members
adamcobb, David68, Feierstarter, pinkhouse10, Rabid Ray
8264 Registered Users
Newest Topics
Hello from Germany
by Feierstarter. 31/01/23 10:19 PM
Floods in New Zealand
by OZ 4/4. 31/01/23 08:32 PM
Wanted - Aero 8, Series 1/2/3
by verysideways. 31/01/23 05:37 PM
Rebound spring gap ??
by Peter H. 31/01/23 12:59 PM
Which satellite navigation
by Condor. 31/01/23 10:47 AM
Hello from Franconia (Germany)
by JBKPlusFour. 30/01/23 09:36 PM
Experimenting to see if I can finally upload a pic
by Jonathan G. 30/01/23 04:40 PM
Latest Photos
JBKsPlusFour #2
JBKsPlusFour
LM62
Autumn leaves
Babeny Dartmoor
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics44,620
Posts754,819
Members8,264
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Eddie, Gary Fairhurst, kwb
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 53 of 90 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 89 90
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: TBM] #750002
31/07/22 10:02 AM
31/07/22 10:02 AM
A
Adrian777 Offline
Just Getting Started
Adrian777  Offline
Just Getting Started
A

Originally Posted by TBM
I imagine that Morgan have to keep selling new cars to survive. I doubt that they can just have a three or four month hiatus in sales.

The recall is going to cost them a considerable amount of money (parts, labour, transports etc) and they've got to pay for it somehow.

The new owners in the linked article are obviously chuffed to bollox over their new purchases and should be welcomed into the Morgan world with every fanfare that goes with such an event.. We should celebrate with them, rather than expecting it to be shoved under the carpet like some kind of illegitimate backstairs child.....

I agree the new owners should be welcomed. I am delighted for them and I truly hope their Morgan experience is better than mine and that all our motoring is trouble free from now on. I don’t blame them for a minute.
TBH when my photo was taken at handover and whilst I treasure the pictures, I really thought I was doing it for them, to assist with their sales. Not everyone agrees to have their picture taken either. I know of at least one who refused and some look a little embarrassed.

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Clipper] #750009
31/07/22 11:04 AM
31/07/22 11:04 AM
C
Corrosion Guy Offline
New to Talk Morgan
Corrosion Guy  Offline
New to Talk Morgan
C

I am happy to spread good news, at last.
Friday 22 July I had an e-mail from a logistics Co. advising that they would collect my Plus Four on Monday 25th. Done with no drama.
Vehicle received at Malvern (mine is a works supplied vehicle from the Covid period) Tuesday 26th.
I was advised Friday 29 July that the vehicle was available for collection 12 noon that day or am Saturday. I chose Saturday.
The guy who has managed the team doing the work, Mark Cross, was there planning the continued work and spent time with me showing me and detailing all the work done. All 3 issues above fully resolved.
Remember, last week was the Works shutdown; these guys worked through.
Good job. I hope that other owners, through the Dealers and directly with the Works, get the same treatment.
Please put out the good news that the end is in sight.

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Corrosion Guy] #750010
31/07/22 11:08 AM
31/07/22 11:08 AM
Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
Paul F Offline
Part of the Furniture
Paul F  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
Originally Posted by Corrosion Guy
Friday 22 July I had an e-mail from a logistics Co. advising that they would collect my Plus Four on Monday 25th. Done with no drama.
Vehicle received at Malvern (mine is a works supplied vehicle from the Covid period) Tuesday 26th.
I was advised Friday 29 July that the vehicle was available for collection 12 noon that day or am Saturday. I chose Saturday.
The guy who has managed the team doing the work, Mark Cross, was there planning the continued work and spent time with me showing me and detailing all the work done. All 3 issues above fully resolved.
Good job. I hope that other owners, through the Dealers and directly with the Works, get the same treatment.

This is excellent news. Hopefully in a few weeks time all this will be a distant memory. And there are still 5 months of fun driving left in 2022.

Paul
Costock, UK
2014 4/4 Rolls Royce Garnet Red
Disco 5
Teddy - 17h1 Irish Draught cross
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Adrian777] #750012
31/07/22 11:15 AM
31/07/22 11:15 AM
P
Perry_P_M3W Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Perry_P_M3W  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
P

Originally Posted by Adrian777
Originally Posted by Perry_P_M3W
Originally Posted by Adrian777
Whilst I understand the reasoning I have to say that I find it quite incredible to see Instagram posts from dealers showing new customers collecting new CX cars who have effectively “ jumped the queue” for the fix. In fact it’s an insult to their established customers whose money they have banked long ago. The very same customers they have sold cars to that are not fit to drive. Not fit for purpose.
I cannot imagine a scenario where any reputable business would think such posts were a good idea.
Frankly, feel I have had the piss taken out of me. What the hell are they thinking?

Nobody jumped the queue. Different parts are used for new vs. replacement, which is the case for most things automotive. `The alternative is to idle the factory for x weeks while MMC waits for their supplier to send the parts to the retailers, wait some more for the retailer to book the appointments and wait some more for all the current cars to be fixed to then start the factory again. Doesn't make sense.

MMC most likely kept building cars and held what they could at the factory for when the parts could be retrofitted. New deliveries have been affected as well.

If the new kits have been retro fitted to new cars to allow those new cars to be sold when existing cars are off the road, then the new cars have effectively “jumped the queue”. The kits are clearly in short supply and MMC and / or the dealer have prioritised the new sale over resolving the issue for at least one of their existing customers. In any event, to then publicise this on various social media sites is insensitive to say the least. I am not sure they fully understand the level of concern and for many anger that exists around this issue.
Continuing to build cars while they wait for the new parts makes perfect sense so no need to idle the factory, even though it appears it has been shut down this week anyway. I am quite sure they often have to wait for parts.

Apologies if I misspoke. As I touched on a few pages back, almost all parts that are made for a car go down two production lines. One for line fit and another for aftersales/warranty work. `Both have separate departments and contrast with the OEM. I am not saying it's correct, but it is how it's done for any part supplier that I've dealt with and even worked for.

There is a lot more on this topic that would likely bore most but in short, often the OEM, in this case Morgan, are at the mercy of the supplier.

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Corrosion Guy] #750013
31/07/22 11:19 AM
31/07/22 11:19 AM
Devonshire
+8Rich Offline
Tricky Dicky
+8Rich  Offline
Tricky Dicky
Member of the Inner Circle

Devonshire

Brilliant news, lets hope the other boys get sorted out shortly, thanks for the positive update and enjoy your trouble free miles thumbs

Regards Richard

1999 Indigo Blue +8
2009 4/4 Sport Green prev
1993 Connaught Green +8 prev

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: +8Rich] #750014
31/07/22 11:21 AM
31/07/22 11:21 AM
Northants, UK
TBM Offline
Part of the Furniture
TBM  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Northants, UK
Originally Posted by +8Rich

Brilliant news, lets hope the other boys get sorted out shortly, thanks for the positive update and enjoy your trouble free miles thumbs

Agreed, great news.

1972 4/4 4 seater - 3G Morganeer
Too many ratty motorbikes
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Clipper] #750032
31/07/22 12:35 PM
31/07/22 12:35 PM
tervuren belgium
T
thierry242 Offline
Learner Plates Off!
thierry242  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
T

tervuren belgium
One question , is the braking better ?

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Clipper] #750035
31/07/22 12:56 PM
31/07/22 12:56 PM
France, Dunkerque
G
gaston Offline
L - Learner Plates On
gaston  Offline
L - Learner Plates On
G

France, Dunkerque
Originally Posted by thierry242
One question , is the braking better ?

Someone in this thread got their car back and says the brakes are firmer.

Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: Clipper] #750036
31/07/22 12:59 PM
31/07/22 12:59 PM
Chester
Mikemog6 Offline
Just Getting Started
Mikemog6  Offline
Just Getting Started

Chester
3 issues?
Is that, brake master cylinder, radiator and suspension springs?

Previous Mog Plus 4 Fiat Twin Cam.
Plus Six
Re: Safety Recall - Brakes [Re: gaston] #750039
31/07/22 01:21 PM
31/07/22 01:21 PM
tervuren belgium
T
thierry242 Offline
Learner Plates Off!
thierry242  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
T