Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
11 registered members (Dougie, asmair, Brian G, bmgermany, rcmatt, John V6, esse16, Ewan, Image, John07, planenut), 72 guests, and 44 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
+8Rich 149
John V6 140
OZ 4/4 122
Alistair 104
Newest Members
05 Roadster, John Tromans, Factotum, Dave Jones, Fester
8159 Registered Users
Newest Topics
Spark Plug Wires
by PaulyG. 09/12/22 04:47 PM
Jet Black
by lowebird. 09/12/22 03:01 PM
It is crowded up there
by John V6. 09/12/22 01:52 PM
Autocar YouTube
by ProfessorM. 09/12/22 01:43 PM
M3W oil pressure switch
by planenut. 09/12/22 12:02 PM
Shed Racing vid
by Luddite. 08/12/22 04:23 PM
New Morgan Pedal Car - Kettcar
by flyfisher. 08/12/22 03:42 PM
Latest Photos
Cover Girl_MOG414
Under the clouds....
Ms Marple's island/s connection...
Autumn Sunshine
Back Onshore
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics44,401
Posts750,315
Members8,159
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
silverbullet, Vianney Colombo
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: nick w] #750003
31/07/22 10:30 AM
31/07/22 10:30 AM
Norfolk
PeterG Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
PeterG  Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Norfolk
Originally Posted by nick w
, set up sales in direct competition with their remainig dealerships ( their advert in this month's Miscellany efectively says..buy even used cars direct from us as we can change interior colour schemes, seats etc to suit you which dealers can't).

Nick

Pretty certain Melyvn Rutter & Allon White can offer this service. Unless MMC are offering this as a Free of Charge service?

Just my thoughts on the brake recall. I fully understand the owners frustrations, went through a similar experience with my 1st 3W being off the road for long periods. Totally agree that the recall came at the wrong time of the year, don't think that was intentional though. Parts brake and in some cases they are made incorrectly dispite the manufacturers internal checks and the end suppliers checks. MMC thought the issue serious enough to issue a recall grounding all cars. Wasn't that the correct thing to do? In an ideal world the replacement part would of been in stock and ready and waiting at each and every owners preferred dealer. Unfortunately getting pretty much anything delivered to the UK in time now is a struggle.

European paperwork control apparently......nothing to do with Brexit, get what you vote for comes to mind stirpot

What I really don't understand is why would this midly inconvenient issue (it's a toy car after all) cause owners to go into convulsions and fits of rage. Only over the water there's a war raging and owners want compensation for being slightly inconvenienced..wow!

Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: PeterG] #750004
31/07/22 10:42 AM
31/07/22 10:42 AM
UK
D
DalesPlusFour Offline OP
Just Getting Started
DalesPlusFour  Offline OP
Just Getting Started
D

UK
Precisely.

Instagram: @DalesPlusFour
Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: DalesPlusFour] #750016
31/07/22 11:25 AM
31/07/22 11:25 AM
N
nick w Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
nick w  Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
N

Obviously almost any complaint does not bear comparison with war.I don't think that comparisonwas implied by anyone.
However, there are plenty of us for whom ownership of a Morgan was for daily use as a car, not a toy at all. For many years my Mog was my daily car, business use. At least one of the posts recently was a cx owner who had bought it as an everyday car. I guess this really neatley illustrates the change, you seem to be saying the factory no longer makes cars...it makes toys. But whilst that chimes well with what the sales director at the 2005 motor show said to me, in front of the dealer who had just delivered my new roadster, " we don't sell cars, we sell dreams". I quote exactly.
However, at 90k a pop it seems reasonable to expect a fit for purpose vehicle which could be used everyday if required....?
Porsche manage it.
As for other manufacturer recalls, my experience has always been that a loan car was available, have Morgan offered that to anyone?
See also the post from the roadster owner who sold it for a cx.

It's experience v optimism that's being expressed on these multiple threads.
Nick

Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: DalesPlusFour] #750029
31/07/22 12:29 PM
31/07/22 12:29 PM
Norfolk
PeterG Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
PeterG  Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Norfolk
Nick, I was attempting to put things into perspective.

My Porsche Boxster S was not fit for purpose and left me stranded quite a few times at the side of the road, so no, Porsche in my experience certainly didn't manage it and Porsche never offered me a loan vehicle as I didn't purchase the vehicle from Porsche, I purchased it new from Lancaster at Colchester who in my experience were utterly incompetent at the time.

Whomever you purchased the vehicle from is your point of contact and responsible for your after sales care and loan car.

There are a handful of owners that have purchased a Morgan as their sole mode of transport and I do feel sorry for them. Seriously was that a rational decision, price has nothing to do with it, they couldn't honestly expect Toyota reliability. Talking of Toyota you may recall the Prius a few years ago that had a brake issue and the dealers could hardly give them away. I know as I purchased a few at the time, I like a bargain. Eventually the brake issue was resolved but it was several months and that's Toyota.

As I said, I do understand the frustration. It will get resolved.

Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: DalesPlusFour] #750041
31/07/22 01:46 PM
31/07/22 01:46 PM
N
nick w Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
nick w  Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
N

Fair enough Peter, you certainly win on the Porsche! I can't comment as it's now 40 years since I had a Porsche!
I think I'm just so disappointed for the new generation of owners. But I'm an old man and need to clear out of the way.
I don't remember the Prius thing but if you were prepared to buy several knowing they had brake issues it just underlines for me the bravery I don't have! Odd really as when I was young cars were diabolically unreliable, my first 912 rotted away almost before I got it back to london...all servicing had to be done at AFN Isleworth which was very inconvenient and the 911s weren't overly reliable then. Our company Ford cars were finished at 40t miles, two years old, fit only to be junked. Very different times so I suppose, as you say, for a fun purchase the mog looks good really.
No popping up to the factory for a quick spare part though, but again, the new buyer now has it all done by someone else.
Dinosaur, that's me.
smile

Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: DalesPlusFour] #750045
31/07/22 02:35 PM
31/07/22 02:35 PM
L
Luddite Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
Luddite  Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
L

NickW, you are not alone in being a Dinosaur, I guess my chosen forum I.D. provides a clue... I spent the best part of a year welding much of an 8x4 sheet of steel into my 1969 912 to enable me to drag it through an MOT, though Porsche engineering was such that every nut bolt and screw would unfasten unlike the more usual hours spent trying to loosen badly corroded fixings on Brit cars... In time the Porsche ethos of improving fuel economy and power output with every new model 911 was impressive and that they galv dipped the body from late 77 on greatly improved upon the former body corrosion issues.. As one might expect when VAG took over things changed a bit. I still rate the air cooled 911`s as the best all round car I owned in that it was reliable, performed as a sports car should, and could happily operate as a daily, take on a track day, and head out to a function in the evening with one`s good lady happily transported in her finest

My current 911 is almost 10 years old with 45k miles on the clock and like Peter`s looks as new, as for it`s 400HP, I have no real need of that though I guess with that available under the foot of an old geezer it is just as well to have all the onboard digital decision making to keep it on the road if there is ever the chance that a bit excitement gets the better of me..

The old Morgan with it`s shoogles and shakes, hops and drifts over undulating surfaces with perhaps 150 ish HP on a good day keeps one in check and well aware of all that is going on, and the demands placed upon the pilot.. What`s more to want when in exactly that kind of mood... love

Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: DalesPlusFour] #750056
31/07/22 04:45 PM
31/07/22 04:45 PM
Co Wexford, Ireland
Robbie Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
Robbie  Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Co Wexford, Ireland
Folks - I’m the one who has the Morgan as his sole car - however I am more well versed than most when it comes to Morgans - after all, it is my fourth!!!
What I am really pi**ed off with is the refusal to send replacement parts to the supplying dealer from whom I bought my car and whom the then MD of Morgan gave me assurances ( sadly for me, verbally) that the factory would see to it that said supplying dealer would honour and effect any warranty requirement. The “after sales manager” has now calmly informed me they “had appointed an alternative agent who would carry out the work” — if I wanted the supplying dealer to do the work, he would “sadly” have to pay for the parts!!!!!!!!
The alternative dealer is 200 miles away whereas I bought the car from the then official dealer who is 10 miles from me and who I trust totally.
I think that this is perfectly good reason to be really annoyed - I know it’s only a car and I’m not under Russian shelling, but surely this treatment of a serial long term buyer of their product deserves better!

Robbie
2021 Plus Four -- Helga
211-WX-1433

"Fettlebodge"--A chief of the PaddyMogs
Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: DalesPlusFour] #750077
31/07/22 08:31 PM
31/07/22 08:31 PM
France, Dunkerque
G
gaston Offline
L - Learner Plates On
gaston  Offline
L - Learner Plates On
G

France, Dunkerque
Originally Posted by Robbie
Folks - I’m the one who has the Morgan as his sole car - however I am more well versed than most when it comes to Morgans - after all, it is my fourth!!!
What I am really pi**ed off with is the refusal to send replacement parts to the supplying dealer from whom I bought my car and whom the then MD of Morgan gave me assurances ( sadly for me, verbally) that the factory would see to it that said supplying dealer would honour and effect any warranty requirement. The “after sales manager” has now calmly informed me they “had appointed an alternative agent who would carry out the work” — if I wanted the supplying dealer to do the work, he would “sadly” have to pay for the parts!!!!!!!!
The alternative dealer is 200 miles away whereas I bought the car from the then official dealer who is 10 miles from me and who I trust totally.
I think that this is perfectly good reason to be really annoyed - I know it’s only a car and I’m not under Russian shelling, but surely this treatment of a serial long term buyer of their product deserves better!

I wouldn't like it either.

Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: Robbie] #750155
01/08/22 10:45 AM
01/08/22 10:45 AM
Northants, UK
TBM Offline
Part of the Furniture
TBM  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Northants, UK
Originally Posted by Robbie

Did you buy yours from a Morgan dealer who has since given up the franchise?

Have they offered to pick yours up and deliver it to the new dealer?

1972 4/4 4 seater - 3G Morganeer
Too many ratty motorbikes
Re: New PlusFour Owner Introduction [Re: DalesPlusFour] #750190
01/08/22 03:19 PM
01/08/22 03:19 PM
Co Wexford, Ireland
Robbie Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
Robbie  Offline
Talk Morgan Addict

Co Wexford, Ireland
TBM - Yes from a dealer who was not treated very well by the factory, due, I think because the factory did not understand the market here in Ireland and refused to see that it was very different due to the taxation environment. At this stage the new dealer has said he'll discuss the method of my car getting to him as soon as the factory send him the kits - So far they have sent him only 2 and I believe he needs at least 9. I am waiting!!
I think it is really poor that the factory will not send sufficient kits to the former agent for him to fix the cars he is responsible for. They sent the replacement radiators so why not the brake kits?? Radiators were fitted expertly. The majority of owners here in Ireland still prefer to have servicing done by the former agent as we trust their mechanic totally.

Robbie
2021 Plus Four -- Helga
211-WX-1433

"Fettlebodge"--A chief of the PaddyMogs
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  TalkMorgan