Click here to return to the home page.
Morgan 3 Wheeler
Who's Online Now
13 registered members (DaveW, Marmota, Robbie, Ian Wegg, TeddyLawler, TBM, JMcL, teifistar, James B W, woodsy, Lordofthewings, Jens, DalesPlusFour), 96 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
John V6 167
+8Rich 146
Alistair 131
OZ 4/4 115
RichardV6 102
Newest Members
05 Roadster, John Tromans, Factotum, Dave Jones, Fester
8159 Registered Users
Newest Topics
15 Miuras in Morocco...
by Jens. 02/12/22 09:45 AM
Servicing plus 4 help required
by Retro. 02/12/22 12:16 AM
Radiator woes 😔
by Gambalunga. 01/12/22 09:52 PM
TDC and tappets
by Image. 01/12/22 07:10 PM
Rear wings badge
by meabh. 01/12/22 07:06 PM
Fill your boots parking in Wiltshire.
by +8Rich. 01/12/22 01:07 PM
MOT
by Burgundymog. 01/12/22 10:21 AM
Latest Photos
Under the clouds....
Ms Marple's island/s connection...
Autumn Sunshine
Back Onshore
Citroens in Amsterdam
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics44,370
Posts749,630
Members8,159
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Terry S
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: My M3W book [Re: P Dron] #737668
31/03/22 05:56 PM
31/03/22 05:56 PM
Salisbury, UK
Peter J Offline
Formerly known as Aldermog
Peter J  Offline
Member of the Inner Circle

Salisbury, UK
Don't be hard on MMC, they are a minnow amongst pikes and yet they are trying to improve and yes, they survive.

I have a 2021 Tesla M3 and that company has serious customer service issues.
At the moment there are NO RHD windscreens in the UK, and no firm delivery date.
Body panels are slow to arrive, it has been estimated that the average "time off road" for a relatively minor accident repair, requiring both body panels and suspension parts is 16 weeks.
The availability of accessories is poor and customer service response to questions about delivery problems is virtually absent.

My car as regular electronic issues: at the moment the boot opener is, shall we say, unpredictable and despite 2 past visits to the service centre, it has not improved. I shall be back, because I'm fed up with the boot hitting me on the head...

On the road it is brilliant, but for a global enterprise offering "the future"support is no better than little old MMC offers through its dealers.

Peter,
66, 2016 Porsche Boxster S
Tarka, 2014 Plus 8....Back on the Road Again!!

Re: My M3W book [Re: Peter J] #737684
31/03/22 09:03 PM
31/03/22 09:03 PM
M
mph Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
mph  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
M

Originally Posted by Peter J
Don't be hard on MMC, they are a minnow amongst pikes and yet they are trying to improve and yes, they survive.

Sorry to disagree, but whatever size the company there's no excuse for some of the basic engineering errors that the MMC keep turning out, particularly on the M3W.

3G's picture of the bush is truly shocking. Both the person who made it and the person who fitted it are either truly incompetent or don't give a s**t, or both.

There is a recurring theme of the most elementary faults in design and assembly, that should never occur in the first place, let alone be repeated ad infinitum.

Many of the faults that I read about on this forum are due to poor design or the most basic mistakes made at the assembly stage.

A small company has the advantage of being able to address these issues quickly and efficiently, that they haven't is a poor reflection of the management IMHO.

Re: My M3W book [Re: P Dron] #737688
01/04/22 01:37 AM
01/04/22 01:37 AM
Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, UK
R
Reevie Offline
Just Getting Started
Reevie  Offline
Just Getting Started
R

Market Rasen, Lincolnshire, UK
The reason little old MMC has survived the reliability issues with the M3W, is because owners who could afford to put right did, and those whom got totally frustrated sold them on to dealers who kept tight lipped when the next sap came in with rose coloured glasses on !

i agree with MPH,its not about "oh little old MMC soooo fluffy" why the heck should owners pick up the slack ?

You Play with the big boys and expect to at least give a customer service ( lets see what happens with the Super 3-----perhaps not so super frown )

I bought my M3W in full knowledge of how unreliable they are.

Love mine to bits, but as i mentioned in my last post people who own them need to start pushing back against MMC instead of parting with hard earned cash.

See you tomorrow Craig -------you may see a M3W with snow chains. laugh2 scared

Reevie

2019 Audi TT RS
2015 Fiat 500 Abarth 595 Yamaha racing
2013 M3W
1974 MGB GT
Too many Bikes to list
Re: My M3W book [Re: P Dron] #737721
01/04/22 10:03 AM
01/04/22 10:03 AM
Nr Watership Down UK
J
JMD Offline
Learner Plates Off!
JMD  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
J

Nr Watership Down UK
Sadly the Tesla story above is not new...for several years I have heard loads of horror stores about cars sitting in pounds waiting for parts probaly because all supply was destined to try and meet over-ambitious new car production targets.

Re: My M3W book [Re: Reevie] #737768
01/04/22 07:27 PM
01/04/22 07:27 PM
United Kingdom, Lincolnshire
planenut Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
planenut  Offline
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

United Kingdom, Lincolnshire

Agree that those owners who can, have put things right but I don't think I have spent any of my hard earned cash with MMC for the last 5 years of my 9 years of M3W ownership. I am not aware of anything that MMC produce that will actually improve performance or reliability that isn't produced or supplied by others and usually to a higher standard, so I use the "others" through choice. If you are after making your M3W a better machine, don't look to MMC. Other than a chassis that doesn't crack 🤞, most of the other bad engineering fixes have come from, or been refined by the owners. If I had waited for MMC to sort all the problems my car would still have 500 miles on it rather than 32,000. Sorry for the drift P Dron.

Re: My M3W book [Re: P Dron] #737797
02/04/22 09:42 AM
02/04/22 09:42 AM
Salisbury, UK
Peter J Offline
Peter J  Offline
Member of the Inner Circle

Salisbury, UK
Nothing much has changed, build quality from China is superior to the USA and the Berlin factory line started on 31 March, which might improve things.

Peter,
66, 2016 Porsche Boxster S
Tarka, 2014 Plus 8....Back on the Road Again!!

Re: My M3W book [Re: P Dron] #739737
21/04/22 08:48 PM
21/04/22 08:48 PM
Oxon
PaulV Online NoMood
Talk Morgan Enthusiast
PaulV  Online NoMood
Talk Morgan Enthusiast

Oxon
Way too later for Peter, but maybe something for the 3rd edition... a US gallon is smaller than the imperial gallon, not larger! pp79

M3W5sp 2015, MSCC, MTWC, Oxon UK
Re: My M3W book [Re: mph] #757083
02/10/22 10:45 PM
02/10/22 10:45 PM
L
Luca Offline
Just Getting Started
Luca  Offline
Just Getting Started
L

Originally Posted by MichaelS
Keep in mind, these mission-critical 'fixes' are effectively only available to UK owners. The ROTW is screwed. It's a case study in island mentality. Someone nailed it earlier.....is my (U.S. based) 3W destined to become a museum piece (or paper weight) because I'm too afraid to break it...or even reach a maintenance interval?

Originally Posted by TBM
Originally Posted by mph
There is a difference in that, unlike running an older 4 wheeler or even a classic car, the M3W suffers from some very basic design issues such as suspension design, chassis structural failures, bevel box, compensator, exhaust systems etc. etc. most of which are outside the realms of standard "fettling" and are beyond the scope of most owners to rectify themselves. And why should they have to ?

The lack of support from the factory and the ongoing difficulty in obtaining spare parts doesn't help matters either.
-

All issues are fixable, as proven by the extremely inventive brains within the M3W community, but I agree - owners shouldn't have to. I signed up for an old car, knowing exactly what to expect from running an old car. If you buy something new, you have an expectation that it's going to work and to be reliable.

Originally Posted by Reevie
So with all the issues and short falls by MMC,regarding the M3W why do, and are we, accepting the huge costs to put right what should have been warranty work. ? ...Sorry MMC, you should hang you head in shame.

Originally Posted by mph
...whatever size the company there's no excuse for some of the basic engineering errors that the MMC keep turning out, particularly on the M3W.

3G's picture of the bush is truly shocking. Both the person who made it and the person who fitted it are either truly incompetent or don't give a s**t, or both.

There is a recurring theme of the most elementary faults in design and assembly, that should never occur in the first place, let alone be repeated ad infinitum.

Many of the faults that I read about on this forum are due to poor design or the most basic mistakes made at the assembly stage.

Million-dollar question.

Re: My M3W book [Re: Luca] #757186
04/10/22 09:29 AM
04/10/22 09:29 AM
Australia - NSW North Coast
OZ 4/4 Offline
Charter Member
OZ 4/4  Offline
Charter Member

Australia - NSW North Coast
Originally Posted by Luca
Originally Posted by MichaelS
Keep in mind, these mission-critical 'fixes' are effectively only available to UK owners. The ROTW is screwed. It's a case study in island mentality. Someone nailed it earlier.....is my (U.S. based) 3W destined to become a museum piece (or paper weight) because I'm too afraid to break it...or even reach a maintenance interval?

Originally Posted by TBM
Originally Posted by mph
There is a difference in that, unlike running an older 4 wheeler or even a classic car, the M3W suffers from some very basic design issues such as suspension design, chassis structural failures, bevel box, compensator, exhaust systems etc. etc. most of which are outside the realms of standard "fettling" and are beyond the scope of most owners to rectify themselves. And why should they have to ?

The lack of support from the factory and the ongoing difficulty in obtaining spare parts doesn't help matters either.
-

All issues are fixable, as proven by the extremely inventive brains within the M3W community, but I agree - owners shouldn't have to. I signed up for an old car, knowing exactly what to expect from running an old car. If you buy something new, you have an expectation that it's going to work and to be reliable.

Originally Posted by Reevie
So with all the issues and short falls by MMC,regarding the M3W why do, and are we, accepting the huge costs to put right what should have been warranty work. ? ...Sorry MMC, you should hang you head in shame.

Originally Posted by mph
...whatever size the company there's no excuse for some of the basic engineering errors that the MMC keep turning out, particularly on the M3W.

Million-dollar question.

Oh my God, this is starting to sound like a vendetta.... hide

A Morgan Identified Fastidious Owner...
2011 4/4 Bespoke, 1981 Delorean, Auburn Boat Tail
Re: My M3W book [Re: P Dron] #757368
06/10/22 03:33 AM
06/10/22 03:33 AM
L
Luca Offline
Just Getting Started
Luca  Offline
Just Getting Started
L

Not there yet, but I do expect them to fix the car as promised. We'll see what happens.

Page 5 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  TalkMorgan