Click here to return to the home page.
Image of a road.
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 106 guests, and 11 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Luddite 113
RichardV6 105
OZ 4/4 92
John V6 91
Newest Members
adamcobb, David68, Feierstarter, pinkhouse10, Rabid Ray
8264 Registered Users
Newest Topics
MMC Polo Shirts
by Graham, G4FUJ. 27/01/23 12:00 PM
What's happened to SiFab?
by Hog. 27/01/23 11:47 AM
For Sale: 2014 Plus 8
by Peter J. 26/01/23 02:26 PM
Paypal Hack
by Alistair. 26/01/23 08:21 AM
by Jon Van Der Peyl. 26/01/23 05:58 AM
Potentially buying a S1 Aero 8
by JonnyF. 25/01/23 10:29 PM
Best waterproof luggage rack case
by RikPlus8. 25/01/23 08:30 PM
Latest Photos
LM62
Autumn leaves
Babeny Dartmoor
Australian Morgan 3 Wheelers
Putting Brum to work
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics44,601
Posts754,507
Members8,264
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Hiwex
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Posting pictures problem ... Again!! #767562
23/01/23 01:05 PM
23/01/23 01:05 PM
North Pennines UK
P
Peter H Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
Peter H  Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
P

North Pennines UK
Not sure I am in the right place to post this so please forgive me if I've got it wrong. I know all about the problems encountered by newer TM members when attempting to post pictures - I'm no exception. Luddite said it was an initiation test ... I've failed. I've read all the information and watched the video. My problem is that I can't even seem to sign up to the TM Image hosting site. I keep getting the message to follow the required format when entering my user name and have not figured out what exactly is required in spite of trying many variations - frustrating. I know it must be boring by now for seasoned users to keep hearing 'newbies' asking for help with this, however, I would be grateful for any advice. Is there a way of using pictures stored on my desktop? (i.e. not on a hosting site). If yes, then what is the required file format? Here's hoping someone can offer advice to get me started.
Thank you,
Peter H

Re: Posting pictures problem ... Again!! [Re: Peter H] #767566
23/01/23 02:00 PM
23/01/23 02:00 PM
South Yorkshire
DaveW Offline
Roadster Guru
DaveW  Offline
Roadster Guru
Member of the Inner Circle

South Yorkshire
I can't help with setting up an account on TM_IMG, but someone will be along to help soon. Once that's sorted...............

Try this........

Step 1 in the TM_IMG site........Upper right, hit the upload tab.

[Linked Image]

I usually use "Browse from your computer" dead centre

[Linked Image]

Open the images from your computer, and they appear here......select Album, Category, Auto Delete, whichever you want. Then hit upload.

[Linked Image]

Click on the uploaded image, scroll down and you see this: You need Full Image: BB Code: Which is number 2 on the second block. Hit copy on the right hand side.

[Linked Image]

Then open the TM post, and paste the link. Check by hitting preview that it's the image you want. Then Post.

PS, yeah I do have 2537 images saved here............................. grin2

DaveW
'05 Red Roadster S1
'16 Yellow (Not the only) Narrow AR GDI Plus 4
Re: Posting pictures problem ... Again!! [Re: Peter H] #767570
23/01/23 02:13 PM
23/01/23 02:13 PM
L
Luddite Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
Luddite  Offline
Talk Morgan Addict
L

Hi Peter... I guess much depends upon the way your mind works, one man`s logic would seem to be another man`s gobbledygook... (-:
I do not like the idea of hosting sights as they seem to open one to possible forms of exploitation, but in order to share pics and experiences with our digital friends I forewent my usual reservations...

There are two ways of posting pics on TM, the simplest is to do so in the Morgan photo gallery. However if you want to post them in within a thread then it seems you have to log on to the TM image library and tune into the logic applied to create that process.
Try posting in the TM Gallery first.. start by selecting NEW GALLERY njust to the right of the SEARCH box..and go from there.

Size of the pic you wish to post is important thus in the majority of cases YOU have to reduce the size of the pic within your system to less than 1 MB, and also the designation of the type of file... JPEG is a no go apparently but JPG is fine... So yes there can be a bit of fiddling around required but if I got there, then so can you.

Without the help of a couple of the guys here I would have given up long ago.

Re: Posting pictures problem ... Again!! [Re: Peter H] #767574
23/01/23 03:12 PM
23/01/23 03:12 PM
Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
Paul F Offline
Part of the Furniture
Paul F  Offline
Part of the Furniture

Costock, South Nottinghamshire...
If your issue is username format - it may help you if I tell you that my user name on Tm-img is Paul_f - no spaces. Login credentials are email address and password.

Hoping this helps.

Paul
Costock, UK
2014 4/4 Rolls Royce Garnet Red
Disco 5
Teddy - 17h1 Irish Draught cross
Re: Posting pictures problem ... Again!! [Re: Peter H] #767577
23/01/23 03:58 PM
23/01/23 03:58 PM
East Harling, Norfolk UK
RichardV6 Offline
Charter Member
RichardV6  Offline
Charter Member

East Harling, Norfolk UK
Peter it makes absolutely no difference if you use any other image hosting site. I use Imgur which is free. It's just possible you may find it easier to register with this one. Note they have their own app and will host videos as well.

Richard

2018 Roadster - Red/Magnolia - "Morton"
1966 Land Rover series 2a SWB
1945 Moto Guzzi Airone
Re: Posting pictures problem ... Again!! [Re: Peter H] #767590
23/01/23 08:19 PM
23/01/23 08:19 PM
North Pennines UK
P
Peter H Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
Peter H  Offline OP
New to Talk Morgan
P

North Pennines UK
Thank you all. I will digest what each has said and have another go. Paul F, thank you for that information as it seems to be the problem at the moment.
Regards,
Peter H

Re: Posting pictures problem ... Again!! [Re: Peter H] #767688
25/01/23 09:25 AM
25/01/23 09:25 AM
Image Library Offline
Just Getting Started
Image Library  Offline
Just Getting Started

Originally Posted by Peter H
Not sure I am in the right place to post this so please forgive me if I've got it wrong. I know all about the problems encountered by newer TM members when attempting to post pictures - I'm no exception. Luddite said it was an initiation test ... I've failed. I've read all the information and watched the video. My problem is that I can't even seem to sign up to the TM Image hosting site. I keep getting the message to follow the required format when entering my user name and have not figured out what exactly is required in spite of trying many variations - frustrating. I know it must be boring by now for seasoned users to keep hearing 'newbies' asking for help with this, however, I would be grateful for any advice. Is there a way of using pictures stored on my desktop? (i.e. not on a hosting site). If yes, then what is the required file format? Here's hoping someone can offer advice to get me started.
Thank you,
Peter H

Peter
I have sent you an email because sometimes we get emails from or server viewed as spam. I keep an eye on the sign up of new users to make sure that they have been validated and if I think they are a genuine user (not a spammer).
In your case I have now validated the account manually so you should be able to log in.
Regarding user names that are in a valid format only letters, numbers, and underline characters are allowed. This is a restriction imposed by the developer of the software and, in the initial stages, I had to modify the software to allow the hyphen character. Since it had to be modified every time there was an upgrade, and since very few people use the hyphen in their user name, I have now given up on that.
I did ask the developer to allow the hyphen but for some reason he does not want to do so.
In any case send me a PM on Talk Morgan or using the contact form on the TM Image hosting site if you continue to have problems.
Peter

Moderated by  TalkMorgan