Click here to return to the home page.
Morgan 3 Wheeler
Who's Online Now
0 registered members (), 118 guests, and 13 spiders.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Top Posters(30 Days)
Luddite 113
RichardV6 105
OZ 4/4 92
John V6 91
Newest Members
adamcobb, David68, Feierstarter, pinkhouse10, Rabid Ray
8264 Registered Users
Newest Topics
MMC Polo Shirts
by Graham, G4FUJ. 27/01/23 12:00 PM
What's happened to SiFab?
by Hog. 27/01/23 11:47 AM
For Sale: 2014 Plus 8
by Peter J. 26/01/23 02:26 PM
Paypal Hack
by Alistair. 26/01/23 08:21 AM
by Jon Van Der Peyl. 26/01/23 05:58 AM
Potentially buying a S1 Aero 8
by JonnyF. 25/01/23 10:29 PM
Best waterproof luggage rack case
by RikPlus8. 25/01/23 08:30 PM
Latest Photos
LM62
Autumn leaves
Babeny Dartmoor
Australian Morgan 3 Wheelers
Putting Brum to work
Forum Statistics
Forums34
Topics44,601
Posts754,507
Members8,264
Most Online1,033
Dec 28th, 2019
Today's Birthdays
Hiwex
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 106 of 108 1 2 104 105 106 107 108
Re: The Super 3 [Re: Rog G] #767674
24/01/23 11:05 PM
24/01/23 11:05 PM
P
Perry_P_M3W Offline
Learner Plates Off!
Perry_P_M3W  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
P

I've got a milestone birthday coming up and was playing with the idea of commissioning a new Morgan. Between pics shown above and CX having many teething issues, to say nothing of the very high costs for say a CX, it truly has me thinking twice.

Morgan have been making cars long enough that paint pealing off suspension components shouldn't be happening.

Re: The Super 3 [Re: ProfessorM] #767675
24/01/23 11:06 PM
24/01/23 11:06 PM
Chris2002tii Offline
Just Getting Started
Chris2002tii  Offline
Just Getting Started

Thanks. It sucks that I’m so far away from the factory. It would be nice to just drop the car off and have everything sorted. I doubt they will offer to supply transport from Northern Ireland.
For anyone having problems, are you contacting your dealer about the issues, or Morgan themselves?

Re: The Super 3 [Re: Chris2002tii] #767682
25/01/23 05:54 AM
25/01/23 05:54 AM
Switzerland
Super 3 CH Offline
Just Getting Started
Super 3 CH  Offline
Just Getting Started

Switzerland
Originally Posted by Chris2002tii
Thanks. It sucks that I’m so far away from the factory. It would be nice to just drop the car off and have everything sorted. I doubt they will offer to supply transport from Northern Ireland.
For anyone having problems, are you contacting your dealer about the issues, or Morgan themselves?

Chris, really sorry to hear about the troubles you are going through with unacceptable quality of paint on your suspension. I live in Switzerland and will collect my car in about a months time (it its already here but waiting for registration, tail tidy option being done and the outcome of the discussion of the dealer with Morgan on the logo being stitched in the "wrong" colour). For practical reasons I will have to sort out any issues with the dealer (as somebody pointed out in this forum we have a contract with the dealer, and not Morgan Motor Co.). Luckily it is a large dealership for Mercedes, Lotus, Morgan and also deals in Classic Cars - so I hope they have the competence and equipment to sort out any issues. I really hope you get everything sorted out to your satisfaction. BR, Adrian

Re: The Super 3 [Re: Chris2002tii] #767686
25/01/23 08:59 AM
25/01/23 08:59 AM
North of the Wall, UK
ProfessorM Offline
Just Getting Started
ProfessorM  Offline
Just Getting Started

North of the Wall, UK

Chris, if you bought your Super 3 through a Northern Ireland dealer, put it in their hands. I am 150 miles from my dealer, and simply used my breakdown recovery policy which comes with your car to get mine shipped back to the dealer. Once the dealer ran out of fixes they could perform, they arranged for the transport back to the factory (and presumably back to me).
If you bought through the factory dealership in Malvern, I'd still put the logistics problem in their court - either way your breakdown recovery policy should cover you for return to your dealer wherever it is. Worth checking...
You should have received your breakdown recovery policy docs by now, so give them a call. I reminded the breakdown people that the vehicle had 3 wheels and was open to the elements so they arranged the flat ramp covered lorry.

Heron Grey & Typhoon British Green Super 3 !
Re: The Super 3 [Re: ProfessorM] #767689
25/01/23 09:44 AM
25/01/23 09:44 AM
M
mph Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
mph  Offline
Talk Morgan Regular
M

Originally Posted by ProfessorM
So an update from my dealer regarding my issues, which might be of interest to Chris2000tii.
......., they have "started at the rear of the car looking to replace components that have seen an upgrade in quality of component. e.g. the exhaust hanger and replaced any other parts that showed any sign of corrosion they then covered the components with anti corrosion coating". So the factory must be concerned about underpinnings not being sufficiently protected against corrosion. I was surprised to hear about the exhaust hanger being upgraded, I didn't know there was an issue with them.

I would ask them for details of the coatings they've applied and the process they've followed. Any corroded or inadequately coated components should be removed from the car and then blasted/powder-coated/painted or whatever is appropriate. The easy route is for them to slap a proprietary product on top of the sub-standard coating, which is not what you want.

I'd also request a written explanation as to why the coating is failing after a few days and whether the same coating is applied to other elements of the car. The last thing anyone wants is coating issues, on less exposed parts of the structure, which may fail further down the line and be more difficult to claim against due to the time factor.

Last edited by mph; 25/01/23 10:34 AM.
Re: The Super 3 [Re: ProfessorM] #767692
25/01/23 10:18 AM
25/01/23 10:18 AM
Chris2002tii Offline
Just Getting Started
Chris2002tii  Offline
Just Getting Started

Chris, if you bought your Super 3 through a Northern Ireland dealer, put it in their hands. I am 150 miles from my dealer, and simply used my breakdown recovery policy which comes awith your car to get mine shipped back to the dealer. Once the dealer ran out of fixes they could perform, they arranged for the transport back to the factory (and presumably back to me).
If you bought through the factory dealership in Malvern, I'd still put the logistics problem in their court - either way your breakdown recovery policy should cover you for return to your dealer wherever it is. Worth checking...
You should have received your breakdown recovery policy docs by now, so give them a call. I reminded the breakdown people that the vehicle had 3 wheels and was open to the elements so they arranged the flat ramp covered lorry.

Unfortunately there isn’t a dealer here. There is one in the Republic of Ireland, in Cork but that’s 6 hours away. I went with one in England so my dealer is a ferry journey away. Plus 3 or 4 hours driving from Liverpool docks.

Last edited by Chris2002tii; 25/01/23 10:20 AM.
Re: The Super 3 [Re: Chris2002tii] #767705
25/01/23 12:48 PM
25/01/23 12:48 PM
North of the Wall, UK
ProfessorM Offline
Just Getting Started
ProfessorM  Offline
Just Getting Started

North of the Wall, UK

Chris, if you bought your Super 3 through a Northern Ireland dealer, put it in their hands. I am 150 miles from my dealer, and simply used my breakdown recovery policy which comes awith your car to get mine shipped back to the dealer. Once the dealer ran out of fixes they could perform, they arranged for the transport back to the factory (and presumably back to me).

Unfortunately there isn’t a dealer here. There is one in the Republic of Ireland, in Cork but that’s 6 hours away. I went with one in England so my dealer is a ferry journey away. Plus 3 or 4 hours driving from Liverpool docks.

I'd use your Morgan breakdown recovery policy to arrange for your Super 3 to be collected from your house and returned to your English dealer. The dealership will then have to bear the cost/logistics of getting your vehicle back to Malvern if that is required.

Last edited by ProfessorM; 25/01/23 12:49 PM.

Heron Grey & Typhoon British Green Super 3 !
Re: The Super 3 [Re: Rog G] #767706
25/01/23 12:59 PM
25/01/23 12:59 PM
North London
K
KBMOG Offline
Learner Plates Off!
KBMOG  Offline
Learner Plates Off!
K

North London
All these quality issues are very unsatisfactory on a new car costing this sort of money, (or any new car for that matter).
If they now have a totally effective method of corrosion resistance and paint protection, why did they not use it in the original builds?
And there is no excuse for releasing some cars that have suspect handling at over 50 mph.
It is enough to put anybody off from going down the route of buying one of these.
I am glad I learnt my lesson with my M3W.
MMC should be pleased that the average Morgan owner puts up with this level of quality.

Keith

Re: The Super 3 [Re: Rog G] #767708
25/01/23 02:06 PM
25/01/23 02:06 PM
South Yorkshire
DaveW Offline
Roadster Guru
DaveW  Offline
Roadster Guru
Member of the Inner Circle

South Yorkshire
Sadly it's a story which seems to repeat with each model. There's usually an unexpected element, but the underlying cause is evolving engineering faults (e.g. M3W chassis/CX Radiator), or incomplete development, (e.g. GDI ECU/Roadster sump), or component choice (e.g. CX brake M/C/Trad plastic radiators). Obviously that's not a complete list, but as an early buyer of a new model, you are likely to encounter such issues, as evidenced in the history of Morgan.

Poor painting of suspension parts appears to be a common industry standard. My VWs have all needed work on the lick of black paint which "protects" suspension parts. Most owners would never look. But when suspension parts stand exposed and proud as they do on the 3 wheelers, to me, having quality paint is a no brainer. Somewhere along the line, this was not chosen.

DaveW
'05 Red Roadster S1
'16 Yellow (Not the only) Narrow AR GDI Plus 4
Re: The Super 3 [Re: DaveW] #767720
25/01/23 03:56 PM
25/01/23 03:56 PM
Devonshire
+8Rich Offline
Tricky Dicky
+8Rich  Offline
Tricky Dicky
Member of the Inner Circle