Unlike DaveW and many others here, I do not do much 'Fettleing'
Having suffered the 'Faffing' about Job fitting my own S/Steel Door checks due to nothing lining up and someone at the factory smashing out one of the Pillar Threads by hammering in the bolt. (which I have been told is a fairly common occurance)
This afternoon, 3 hours were spent changing my Front Indicator Glasses to clear with Orange Bulbs. A Christmas present from my son supplied by the Morgan Factory.
A Five Minute Job me thinks. Aye! That'll be right. 3 hours later and I have just finished with a cobbled together temporary job.
Offside first - Glass half full of water and bulb rusted into socket. After much scraping and twising I had to break the bulb and use pointed Pliers to extract the metal stem. Clean it all up and apply vasceline everywhere, fit the new bulb and test - Working Fine Now.
Next I take off the nearside and all is well, clean and dry. Out comes the clear bulb, and then the problem here materialises. The Factory supplied us with Two Different Orange bulbs - or should I say One Orange (Offside) and One Pinky Orange (Nearside) Then I discover the Pinky bulb has diametrically offset pins so won't fit the socket (more like 10 to 2 locations) even though it is a 12v 21W as the clear bulb.
By now it is 5pm, weekend and I am stuffed. So I decided to file off one pin and fit the bulb, test, OK until I can source the correct one. Apply Vaseline and refit the glass.
A real Knife & Fork Job
I am ready for my Dinner. I'll be on the Blower on Monday