Okay chaps, there have been more than a few references to 'cars you must own once in your life' or 'you have to tick that box once' on Talk Morgan; therefore, I thought it would be interesting to see what cars people thought a true car enthusiast should own before they shuffled this mortal coil.
Lets keep it realistic otherwise I can see this getting into the realms of Ferrari SWB California, Muira, etc, very quickly.
I'll start but feel free to disagree, add your own or commend me on my excellent choices
ps - a Morgan is a given, so we'll leave those off the list.
Mine are: -
1) A Volkswagen Beetle (not the modern one)
2) An original Mini, preferably a Cooper (again, not the modern version)
3) A 911 (manual 2WD, non cabrio, doesn't matter which year but the ideal would be an aircooled model)
4) Westfield or Caterham (bugs in your teeth model - no screens and goggles a must)
5) A V8 Mustang (must be a manual and preferably a pre-1974)
I'm sure I'll think of more but I'll leave it there for now!